5 replies to this topic

#1 Severian

Severian

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:37 PM

Hello All,

People have been planting and harvesting according to the phases of the moon since the invention of agriculture

and wise woman, witch doctors and shaman have long gone about their healings according to the moon to get the most out of their brews.

I'm curious if anyone has any personal experience with how inoculation and/or harvest that happened intentionally or unintentionally, in sync with moon phases, and how this has affected potency.

If no personal experience; Do any experienced growers have any memory of any 'outlier' grows? Where the potency was either way weaker than expected, or way more potent than expected- while all other growing parameters were the same as normal?

If anybody does have documentation of the dates for these grows, and you post them, I'll collate the info and go through and see if any of these happened to fall on new moons or full moons or at the time of a particularly intense geomagnetic storm.

• crazy1 and adrian118 like this

#2 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:42 PM

A hard thing to keep track of.
A very interesting thing you've brought up though.
I'm gonna do my best to track the moon phase of when my fruits start pinning.

#3 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:02 PM

I love picking mushrooms at 12:30am and eating them for 1am so I can be peaking at 3:15am. The witching hour.... it's probably more of a head thing but they make me feel very euphoric and relaxed when I self administer following that schedule (when its possible)

I dont notice a difference in potency on the hours or days it takes for them to reach maturity....

Pheew! This is a hard question to answer

Edited by FunG, 11 November 2019 - 09:02 PM.

#4 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:39 AM

I thought i was the only weird hippy thinking about this stuff... I just started cultivating six months ago, but all 7 runs have been started on either a full or a new moon, and have lined up with birthing and/or pinning on following new and full moons. I will be starting 4 new strains as of the peak of the full moon in just a few hours. I do not have any "control group" info as i have done all of my grows this way...
I also use the moon cycles to determine when I will take a spirit journey...
  • crazy1 and FunG like this

#5 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:07 AM

When I'm about to crop down I take one to many spirit journeys lol

Sorry, I had to comment.

I really, really doubt the moon cycles play a role in potency, that's like going back to the time of sax pagans mounting their farming equipment (back hoes, pitch forks, brooms etc) and jumping up and down around their crops to show them how high they need to grow.....

What the sax pagans didnt know was the bass vibrations from all the jumping stimulated root development and what the crazy churches didnt realize before butchering thousands of people for alleged witch craft was that they were both equally far out there.... and it's scary that the church survived the witch hunts to this day....blame it on a few mislead apples, 100years later no one will atone for the most brutal torture against a fellow human but religion is still being taught and barbarism is still rampant in most countries where Christian and Islamic fanatics reside.

Just had to compare the times man. If you want some shaman stuff, pink hemilian sea salt works wonders to put the end come down from a mushroom trip to rest.

Essential part of anyone's inventory that practices the so called "dark arts"
I still cant summon demons to do my bidding but I could find some Khat to give me, and me alone a sense of spiritual prowlessness lol

#6 Severian

Severian

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:49 AM

I thought i was the only weird hippy thinking about this stuff... I just started cultivating six months ago, but all 7 runs have been started on either a full or a new moon, and have lined up with birthing and/or pinning on following new and full moons. I will be starting 4 new strains as of the peak of the full moon in just a few hours. I do not have any "control group" info as i have done all of my grows this way...
I also use the moon cycles to determine when I will take a spirit journey...

I wont take offense to you implying that I consider myself a hippy. 

How do the runs started on fullmoon vs new moon compare?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!