51 replies to this topic

#41 Stencill86

Stencill86

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 203 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:04 PM

For the transfers I do 235g of seed and 145g of water, the first 2 pics are right after they come out, and the third is a few hours later, perfectly hydrated.

Attached Thumbnails

• AC4E25B5-84C5-4A3E-85A6-90FAB3CD8A5E.jpeg
  • F6BF7F63-034C-4C96-80AF-BE3195919C06.jpeg
  • 96632C41-CACD-40AB-9D51-CAF5B096B3AE.jpeg

#42 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2020 - 05:46 AM

A very long overdue update on my extremely patchy grow log..growing and moving house at the same time isn't easy..
I lost two GT mono tubs recently which sucked. The weather got really hot and I don't think I pasteurized my hpoo/coir/verm sub properly and both tubs from that grow got a bad case of trich.. Was also gifted a bag of colonised PE grain spawn and lost the two dub tubs I tried to get going. That sucked.
During all this I had a good run with my Ecuador tub which threw out fruits for way longer than I thought it would. Got 6 flushes from it and a couple monster fruits.
I did a bunch of popcorn jars while all this was going on and managed to get two GT monos done which worked out really well! First flush got harvested yesterday and has almost all been dehydrated. Always had really small fruits with GT so went on a suggestion from a friend to put them in darkness in a high co2 environment for 24hrs and see what happens (put them in a cupboard and covered them with a blanket). My reaction when taking a peak was HOLY FUCK! You can see in the photos the tubs exploded and the fruits grew much taller than I was expecting. They also have great density which makes me even happier. I think I'll definitely be trying this method out a bit more with future grows.
Various other things going on are that I have about 6 bags of various mushrooms going on. Wine caps for outside and then Amazonian, PE, GT and Treasure Coast. All are colonising really well and I'm pretty excited to get them going. Gonna follow @fahster PE tek to the T and see how that goes.
On the agar front I've put some spores of KSSS onto agar which haven't taken sadly but the Lipa Yai, Albino PF and Koh Samui multi spore plates are all looking good. They're on hold in the fridge at the moment but will get to some transfers there soon. I also went to my outdoor Psilocybe cyanescens patch and got some mycelium to start expanding on. Completely non sterile procedure but it's working well in a small tub with some wet cardboard. Going to expand that slowly and have some oak wood chips to do that and eventually make a bed in the garden and use some as bunker spawn in some of the local forests and see what comes up. Last thing on my crazy busy myco life is Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata which I got colonised on agar and then have put that into a tub with some wet cardboard to start expanding on that. Going to focus on an outdoor bed in my garden with those and hopefully get them to fruit in Spring.
Oh, on the grain side of things I've moved away from popcorn and have found a great supplier of whole oats for really cheap! Mixing that with WBS and some red sorghum. That's what I've got going in the bags I mentioned above. Really excited to see how those turn out. 324840db6cfe974719ed18c8b4698645.jpg50b9a8779739b780367cda3c1f84b509.jpgbdf2490d2f6490b58c9744a7be65458b.jpg359bab8b83d7757a9add5cc6c2159949.jpg
  • ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#43 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 595 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:45 AM

Wow, great to see your learning curve, you're doing a fantastic job!
  • Nicked likes this

#44 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:49 AM

Wow, great to see your learning curve, you're doing a fantastic job!

Thanks! Totally fallen in love with this "hobby"
  • YoshiTrainer likes this

#45 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2020 - 05:14 AM

Another very long overdue post to this (very staggered) grow log..

After I tried to go the bag route I realised I should stick to jars. I lost all the bags to contamination sadly and that was a huge set back for me with my grows. I had done them all just before going away for a few weeks to work hoping that I would come back to colonised bags and be able to spawn to sub and have a bunch of grows to update everyone with. Sucks but it's all part of the game and I learnt a bunch. Went back to what I know and focused on getting better at things rather than trying new things. So I did 16 quart jars of popcorn in the autoclave at work before being locked down. I had some nice rhizomorphic growth isolated from multispore from Lipa Yai and Thai Koh Samui and did two jars of each. I also did two jars of Treasure Coast from an LC syringe I was gifted and then the remaining 10 I used the GT clones I had made on agar (I made too many and need to use them.. I used half a petri in each jar). I think I didn't clean up the GT plates properly and lost 3 jars to Trich. Lesson learnt there.. 

I also made a fruiting chamber in my garage at the new place I moved to which I am pretty happy about. Winter is coming fast and it's getting way too cold to do monos where I'm staying and I have no way of maintaining heat where I would keep them. So I've switched to growing in shoe boxes for winter and the aquarium heater + water tub in my new FC is working great at maintaining humidity and keeping temps in a better range (sits between 21C(night) and 26C(day)). 

All I have fruiting at the moment is a shoe box of Treasure Coast but I'm really happy with how the fruits are looking despite the tub performing kinda poorly. I'm pretty sure that the new FC needs some dialling in and I need to work on maintaining better surface conditions (anyone have any tips/experience with fruiting shoeboxes in a semi automated FC?).

The clusters that are coming up are really good looking clusters and I think will make ideal clones so that I can hopefully start trying to get a canopy worthy culture from this strain..

Here's some pics I took earlier today..

IMG_20200421_094159.jpg  IMG_20200421_094140.jpg

I had a bunch of LC syringes sitting in my fridge. Leftovers from a Black Friday 2 for 1 purchase (the syringes I used for the failed bags..). So I went back to the good old PF tek and did a bunch of jars of the following:

1x penis envy

4x Amazonian

2x Strophoria rugosannulata (wine caps)

2x Psilocybe allenni

2x Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata

Last but not least is my agar work that I'm going to do a bit of later today. Need to do some transfers from the Lipa Yai, ARX and Albino PF I've got going and try to isolate some nice looking growth before running those out in some tubs.. 

Here's a pic of some of those plates (I know I left the transfers way too late...I had to move house and a whole bunch of other lame excuses..). The two on the far right are cloned GT plates..

IMG_20200417_093015 (1).jpg

#46 Shroomdoomie

Shroomdoomie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:52 AM

Was binge reading your thread man, I was so happy to see you're still posting up to date . Look forward on exchanging some tips and advice with you big time bro. I'm a new grower myself headed on my second grow. When you mentioned you were working with GT's it brought back so many teen youth memories man. Golden teachers were one of the first strains I tripped on. I remember telling my people ''Man they really taught me some shit tha'ts why they're called teachers'' haha. If you ever can get your hands on a strain called Huautla and if you search up the village in mexico it comes from and the spiritual lady named Maria who would use them it would interest you even more. I currently just innoculated 7 1lbs rye berry spawn bags. Going to be posting my own grow log on here and my past grow log once I have more post permissions. But if you got a chance you can check out in my introduction post at getting started and see a picture of  a flush from my first ever grow. Anyways cheers bro you got me hooked can't wait to see more growth and progress I'd say youre doing pretty well. 

• Nicked likes this

#47 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:59 AM

Was binge reading your thread man, I was so happy to see you're still posting up to date . Look forward on exchanging some tips and advice with you big time bro. I'm a new grower myself headed on my second grow. When you mentioned you were working with GT's it brought back so many teen youth memories man. Golden teachers were one of the first strains I tripped on. I remember telling my people ''Man they really taught me some shit tha'ts why they're called teachers'' haha. If you ever can get your hands on a strain called Huautla and if you search up the village in mexico it comes from and the spiritual lady named Maria who would use them it would interest you even more. I currently just innoculated 7 1lbs rye berry spawn bags. Going to be posting my own grow log on here and my past grow log once I have more post permissions. But if you got a chance you can check out in my introduction post at getting started and see a picture of  a flush from my first ever grow. Anyways cheers bro you got me hooked can't wait to see more growth and progress I'd say youre doing pretty well. 

Thanks for the votes of confidence there! Yeah I'm really happy with the GT's. They've been a great introduction to growing mushrooms. Quite a forgiving strain I think and a nice balance of fast colonization, aesthetic fruits and decent potency. 

I'll keep an eye out for Huatla.. I have seen a couple grows of them but spore availability where I'm from is tricky. A donation to Topia got me a great selection of spores to work from relatively recently so I'm getting through those with small grows and trying to isolate some stuff that I like. Going to be an interesting next few weeks as things colonize and start to fruit! Looking forward to checking your grows out when you post them (you're on 4 posts now so I think you can start making threads in the right forums now).  

#48 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2020 - 04:04 AM

Harvested the clusters of Treasure Coast today. Very pretty mushrooms and a great size for the first flush. Would have loved to have had the whole tub pin and fruit but at least I'm learning how to grow in my new FC. Only 200g wet weight but I'm still super happy with the clone potential from the one cluster! Here's some pics..

IMG_20200423_082419.jpg

IMG_20200423_083404.jpg

• Shroomdoomie likes this

#49 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:02 PM

Printed from a nice large TC fruit today. 50g wet fruit. And my mexican tub is pinning quite nicely (also MS to agar to LC). That's all for now. 70667ac2c8fd641d92f7ddeed91ac0bf.jpg3c6ccbf3b95f09a360fc8bfeab848168.jpg
  • ElPirana likes this

#50 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:38 AM

Seems like my last post was all about Treasure Coast. After quite a few months I've finally fruited the Treasure Coast clone that I took and I'm quite pleased with the reults! It is definitely a really good producer and I suspect I'll get lots of great fruits from this clone. In other news i've started to work on getting to grips with fruiting the mutants and have had some great success with a tub of uncut penis envy  :rolleyes:

IMG_20200913_104500.jpg

I have a few more tubs of these going in various stages and I'm really excited on seeing if the same method works for APE too (which I spawned two tubs to bulk yesterday so I'll update in a few weeks with how things are going). I must thank @fahster for his method of cultivating PE without cultivating blobs (when I find that post again I'll post a link to it). 

Here's another PE Uncut pic, cos photos are great :) 

IMG_20200914_133056.jpg

I have a lot of things going on at the moment but no time to put into a long and detailed post. I will do this as soon as I can though. Hope you all enjoy the brief update

Edited by Nicked, 14 September 2020 - 06:39 AM.

• ElPirana likes this

#51 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:43 PM

Just read through this full thread. Enjoyed seeing your progress! Keep up the good work and I’m looking forward to see what you’ve got going next.
It is a wonderful hobby, isn’t it?
  • Nicked likes this

#52 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:40 AM

Just read through this full thread. Enjoyed seeing your progress! Keep up the good work and I’m looking forward to see what you’ve got going next.
It is a wonderful hobby, isn’t it?

Thanks @Elpirana  :biggrin: It's a fantastic hobby! Loved every step of the journey so far and really happy you've enjoyed going through this thread. It's nice to have a log of my progress from then to now and can actually see how much I've learned over the past 18 months or so. 

• ElPirana likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!