5 replies to this topic

#1 BrazilianSailor

BrazilianSailor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:08 PM

Hey, guys!

First of all, sorry about any English mistake. I am not a native speaker, but I will try my best. Anyway, feel free to correct me. Learning about mushes and English on the same place is like two for the price of one for me...  :biggrin:

So, after a lot of research (and luck), I could manage to succeed fruiting some PF cakes and making some friends happy. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to level my skills up and try to bulk.

These are the pictures of my first bulk attempts. I have 3 monotubs right now which I decide to not modify in any way, just cracking the lid open every now and then to allow some fresh air during substrate colonization. Also, they have natural light since the spawn.

They are full colonized now, as you guys can see. I used popcorn as spawn and horse-manure + 20% verm + 5% gypsum as substrate. The RH inside the tubs is always +90%, the walls and the mycelium are always covered with small/medium drops of water and the temperature is always around 27-29 Celsius / 80-84 F.

I believe they look good/smell good and I even start to notice some pinning! :P

BUT, NOW WHAT?

What I must do? I see some people saying to start fanning and misting. Some people say it is better to wait till full pinset. But other say fanning and misting triggers pinning. Some people say it is good to have the mycelium covered in beads of water (like mine), but some say it can abort them... Some people even say to cover the mic with wax paper! 

Since I am feeling lost and don't want o screw things up, I decide to post some pictures, so you guys can tell me if they look right and what I should to do if they don't.

I request assistance mainly about these beads of water, like... if it is too much or too little, if it must be drier... Also, my mycelium looks thicker/whiter/fluffier than some I see round here...

Anyway, please, analyse with care  :wub:

Here we go:

1) BLUEBOX

SPAWN: 05/nov/19

number 01.jpg

The humidity dropped because it stayed open for a while during the photos session...

number 01 (6).jpg

number 01 (2).jpg

number 01 (3).jpg

number 01 (4).jpg

number 01 (5).jpg

2) PURPLEBOX

SPAWN: 05/nov/19

number 02 (2).jpg

number 02 1.jpg

number 02.jpg

number 02 2.jpg

3) GREENBOX

SPAWN: 08/nov/19

number 03.jpg

number 03 (2).jpg

number 03 (5).jpg

number 03 (4).jpg

]number 03 (3).jpg

• Tenderfoot likes this

#2 BrazilianSailor

BrazilianSailor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

Just one thing!

Actually, the spawn date of the BLUEBOX is 20/out/19.

I messed with the spawn ratio (1:10), so it took longer to colonize.

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:36 PM

If what you are doing is working then I would suggest continuing that then. There is so many things that can do to that can hurt the grow and some that may increase your yields. You will only learn what's best by trying a little bits and waiting to see the effects. Much to often to see people try to do all that conflicting advice you mentioned all at once. They are not able to know if it hurt the grow or helped. Most people can't understand that once you get to the pint you're at they will produce without you having to do anything but keep the conditions nice for them. You will not make them grow better, but with a little experience you can give them the optimal conditions. Many will tell all kids of things to do, but if you do nothing different than how you got here, you will have hongos after about 3-6 days. Good job getting here! Good luck on this and your future grow!

Si lo que está haciendo funciona, le sugiero que continúe así. Hay tantas cosas que pueden hacer que pueden dañar el crecimiento y algunas que pueden aumentar sus rendimientos. Solo aprenderá qué es lo mejor al probar un poco y esperar a ver los efectos. Demasiado a menudo ver a la gente tratar de hacer todos los consejos contradictorios que mencionaste a la vez. No pueden saber si dañó el crecimiento o ayudó. La mayoría de las personas no pueden entender que una vez que llegas a la pinta que estás produciendo sin que tengas que hacer nada más que mantener las condiciones agradables para ellos. No los hará crecer mejor, pero con un poco de experiencia puede darles las condiciones óptimas. Muchos le dirán a todos los niños las cosas que deben hacer, pero si no hace nada diferente de cómo llegó aquí, tendrá hongos después de unos 3-6 días. ¡Buen trabajo para llegar aquí! ¡Buena suerte en esto y tu futuro crecerá!

• Tenderfoot and BrazilianSailor like this

#4 Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

{{{{{ + }}}}}

• OG VIP
  • 836 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:22 AM

Se o que você está fazendo está funcionando, eu sugiro que continue. Há tantas coisas que podem ser feitas que podem prejudicar o crescimento e outras que podem aumentar seus rendimentos. Você só aprenderá o que há de melhor tentando um pouco e esperando para ver os efeitos. Muitas vezes, as pessoas tentam fazer todos os conselhos conflitantes que você mencionou de uma só vez. Eles não são capazes de saber se isso prejudicou o crescimento ou ajudou. A maioria das pessoas não consegue entender que, assim que você chegar ao ponto de partida, elas produzirão sem que você precise fazer nada além de manter as condições agradáveis para eles. Você não vai fazê-los crescer melhor, mas com um pouco de experiência, você pode dar a eles as condições ideais. Muitos dirão a todas as crianças o que devem fazer, mas se você não fizer nada diferente de como chegou aqui, terá hongos após cerca de 3-6 dias. Bom trabalho chegando aqui! Boa sorte nisso e seu futuro cresce!

• BrazilianSailor likes this

#5 BrazilianSailor

BrazilianSailor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:53 PM

Most people can't understand that once you get to the pint you're at they will.

Those are some wise words! Thank you so much.

It is so beautiful that we don't grow them, but actually we allow them to grow. It is a shame that we lost this respectful way of dealing with nature in our modern society.

Anyway... keeping in mind that I have this same point of view, can you see from the pictures anything wrong that I am doing or give me any further advice? 

And, once more, thank you so much!

#6 BrazilianSailor

BrazilianSailor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:55 PM

Si lo que está haciendo funciona, le sugiero que continúe así. Hay tantas cosas que pueden hacer que pueden dañar el crecimiento y algunas que pueden aumentar sus rendimientos. Solo aprenderá qué es lo mejor al probar un poco y esperar a ver los efectos. Demasiado a menudo ver a la gente tratar de hacer todos los consejos contradictorios que mencionaste a la vez. No pueden saber si dañó el crecimiento o ayudó. La mayoría de las personas no pueden entender que una vez que llegas a la pinta que estás produciendo sin que tengas que hacer nada más que mantener las condiciones agradables para ellos. No los hará crecer mejor, pero con un poco de experiencia puede darles las condiciones óptimas. Muchos le dirán a todos los niños las cosas que deben hacer, pero si no hace nada diferente de cómo llegó aquí, tendrá hongos después de unos 3-6 días. ¡Buen trabajo para llegar aquí! ¡Buena suerte en esto y tu futuro crecerá!

Se o que você está fazendo está funcionando, eu sugiro que continue. Há tantas coisas que podem ser feitas que podem prejudicar o crescimento e outras que podem aumentar seus rendimentos. Você só aprenderá o que há de melhor tentando um pouco e esperando para ver os efeitos. Muitas vezes, as pessoas tentam fazer todos os conselhos conflitantes que você mencionou de uma só vez. Eles não são capazes de saber se isso prejudicou o crescimento ou ajudou. A maioria das pessoas não consegue entender que, assim que você chegar ao ponto de partida, elas produzirão sem que você precise fazer nada além de manter as condições agradáveis para eles. Você não vai fazê-los crescer melhor, mas com um pouco de experiência, você pode dar a eles as condições ideais. Muitos dirão a todas as crianças o que devem fazer, mas se você não fizer nada diferente de como chegou aqui, terá hongos após cerca de 3-6 dias. Bom trabalho chegando aqui! Boa sorte nisso e seu futuro cresce!

:hug:

That's so nice from you guys.

Thanks a million!

• Tenderfoot likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!