#44 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

Nice job! Those subs need a dunk.

How wound I dunk the box?

Fill the tub with water an inch above the sub and use something to hold it down to keep from floating. 24 hours later dump the water out of the tub while holding the cake in place with your other hand.

#45 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 03:48 PM

Ty!

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

#46 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 03:49 PM

Weird shapes. Luke tea potsd8d288b5d581ca681ebddac6473c5eec.jpg

• RutgerHauer likes this

#47 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:40 PM

Nice place to keep your scissors.

#48 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:07 PM

Lololol. A stern warning to them. Just needed something for sizing. Scissors ain't it

• RutgerHauer likes this

#49 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:07 AM

Beautiful weird shrooms. 1 was 75 mgs wet. Have not picked all yet but a few bigger ones in doing spore prints in a SAB. Grateful!eb7aff7ec11117bee681ccf1d9ffb131.jpg764874ba040e9accffc99f9442c3f509.jpg9d8eda5b00b5fc11aca5230c83007d74.jpg

#50 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 497 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:28 AM

That is looking pretty good to me. I had even fatter ones from my last APE harvest. Someone told me that strange looking fruits from the first flush of APE/PE is common.

Let me know how spore printing goes with that strain.

Edited by Jinroh, 22 December 2019 - 02:30 AM.

• Randys67 likes this

#51 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:44 PM

So far the spore printing is nada. Just moisture

#52 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 497 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:49 PM

I have been told that PE/APE does not drop spores very well. Most of the pros use sterile swabs and rub the gills to capture what little spores exist. But that is just what I have been told. I plan on trying the swab method as soon as I get a good candidate.

To be honest, I had better luck cloning my APE directly to agar.

Edited by Jinroh, 22 December 2019 - 11:51 PM.

#53 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:44 PM

I have been told that PE/APE does not drop spores very well. Most of the pros use sterile swabs and rub the gills to capture what little spores exist. But that is just what I have been told. I plan on trying the swab method as soon as I get a good candidate.

To be honest, I had better luck cloning my APE directly to agar.
I'll have to do cloning. Just nothing dropping. :)

• Jinroh likes this

#54 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:50 PM

Try a swab just for fun. I am curious how well it works. At the rate my stuff is growing it will be a long time before I can find out. The spores are practically transparent (according to others). You might be able to rinse a swab into a syringe or transfer to agar.

#55 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:04 PM

Try a swab just for fun. I am curious how well it works. At the rate my stuff is growing it will be a long time before I can find out. The spores are practically transparent (according to others). You might be able to rinse a swab into a syringe or transfer to agar.
I'll try that!

#56 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

Hoping for 2nd flush this time. I dunked 24 hours. Large cake broke but I don't expect that to be a problem? 160 gms dried for the 1st flush. I will try the swab tech if I get a second flush. Prepared to wait around 2 weeks before pitching the whole substrate First pin showed at 11 days first flush. This is PE/APE

Edited by Randys67, 24 December 2019 - 11:33 PM.

#57 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:33 PM

Hoping for 2nd flush this time. I dunked 24 hours. Large cake broke but I don't expect that to be a problem? 160 gms dried for the 1st flush. I will try the swab tech if I get a second flush. Prepared to wait around 2 weeks before pitching the whole substrate First pin showed at 11 days first flush. This is PE/APE

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk&&0){for(var>
)throw>

Whew! That is some gnarly looking sub! But what do I know? I would not be alarmed if you see some blue-green discolorization at the break in the cake. I broke one and it turned blue-green but still flushed. I am assuming the color change was some sort of injury or bruising.

#58 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:42 PM

Lolol. Yea I think the pic makes it look worse than it is. If the blue is psylicibin, then I wonder about making tea with the fully colonized and fruited substrate before discarding? Just a thought. I do kind of look for the bruising. First cakes I did were GT MS from online source. Grew like crazy but no bruising and very very weak in experiments. I'm prob just superstitious now. Lol

Edited by Randys67, 24 December 2019 - 05:43 PM.

#59 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

Lolol. Yea I think the pic makes it look worse than it is. If the blue is psylicibin, then I wonder about making tea with the fully colonized and fruited substrate before discarding? Just a thought. I do kind of look for the bruising. First cakes I did were GT MS from online source. Grew like crazy but no bruising and very very weak in experiments. I'm prob just superstitious now. Lol

I actually looked into that! Here is what I learned! What little info I found indicated that Psilocybe cubensis won't give you anything. But there is another species that will... and I am trying to remember what it is. Basically, Psilocybe cubensis creates psilocybin only in the fruits, none at all in the colonized sub. I think you can make a tea directly from the fully colonized grain of the species Psilocybe Semperviva? I think that is it. I have never heard of it besides what little I read about. Definitely, something to look into. Imagine going straight from colonized grain to tea!! Cut out a whole lot of steps and chances for contam!!! There has to be a catch though, nothing is that easy! Maybe some old timers can chime in?

Edited by Jinroh, 24 December 2019 - 06:12 PM.

• Randys67 likes this

#60 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:40 PM

I actually looked into that! Here is what I learned! What little info I found indicated that Psilocybe cubensis won't give you anything. But there is another species that will... and I am trying to remember what it is. Basically, Psilocybe cubensis creates psilocybin only in the fruits, none at all in the colonized sub. I think you can make a tea directly from the fully colonized grain of the species Psilocybe Semperviva? I think that is it. I have never heard of it besides what little I read about. Definitely, something to look into. Imagine going straight from colonized grain to tea!! Cut out a whole lot of steps and chances for contam!!! There has to be a catch though, nothing is that easy! Maybe some old timers can chime in?

Thank you!  How interesting!  My substrate after dunking is looking good!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!