• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:17 AM

Yesterday I was at a get together of growers and such. 

The topic of mushrooms came up and one gentleman mentioned he had gotten some mushrooms that help with pain.

I asked him which if he knew, he said is was a PF or something. I said PF Classic and he said that was it.

Now have any of you heard this before? Not questioning him, but it was interesting to me. And as many do microdose for pain, I was wondering if you had any input. He does plan on starting to microdose with mushrooms.

I have a couple cakes of PFC growing now, so I will gift him some and see if they help him.

Any input is much appreciated.

Peace

#2 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:52 AM

I personally don’t think any certain strain would make a difference. Cubes aren’t known for reducing inflammation or anything are they? I mean I know other medicinals do. Maybe it’s just a placebo effect?
  • crazy1 likes this

#3 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:15 AM

We are on the same page Misfit. I was thinking the same thing, so why not ask? Ya just never know

Peace

#4 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:49 AM

For sure. Just sounds odd to me.
What if someone had mislabeled a project years ago and that’s not even the right strain though? Now we have even more work to do.

#5 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:54 AM

I read Psilocybin / Psilocin May Reduce Inflammation

"In animals, low doses of psychedelics reduced inflammation. Substances similar to psilocybin are being explored as anti-inflammatory drugs"

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/30102081

Abstract

Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT)2A receptor agonists have recently emerged as promising new treatment options for a variety of disorders. The recent success of these agonists, also known as psychedelics, like psilocybin for the treatment of anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and addiction, has ushered in a renaissance in the way these compounds are perceived in the medical community and populace at large. One emerging therapeutic area that holds significant promise is their use as anti-inflammatory agents. Activation of 5-HT2A receptors produces potent anti-inflammatory effects in animal models of human inflammatory disorders at sub-behavioural levels. This review discusses the role of the 5-HT2A receptor in the inflammatory response, as well as highlight studies using the 5-HT2A agonist ®-2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodoamphetamine [®-DOI] to treat inflammation in cellular and animal models. It also examines potential mechanisms by which 5-HT2A agonists produce their therapeutic effects. Overall, psychedelics regulate inflammatory pathways via novel mechanisms, and may represent a new and exciting treatment strategy for several inflammatory disorders.

Edited by Cuboid, 17 November 2019 - 09:56 AM.

• Misfit and CourageToGrow like this

#6 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

Thanks Cuboid!!! I like the abstract, I'll read more tonight.

And Misfit things could be stranger right? 

Peace

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!