• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:34 PM

Perfect thread to put these pictures my friend sent me!

" How do my PF jars look?"

Whew! Those are some great examples of contamination! Those remind me of the Christmas Fruitcake no one will touch!

Edited by Jinroh, 21 November 2019 - 02:35 PM.

• Nicked likes this

#22 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:35 PM

I wonder if there is any cubensis in there at all.. I think it will get you fucked up if you eat it though.

Or cure VD.

#23 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 450 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:44 PM

I wonder if there is any cubensis in there at all.. I think it will get you fucked up if you eat it though.

Or cure VD.

Or cause it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I have about 5ccs of the culture triple wrapped, I'm really tempted to throw it on agar but I'm scared haha

• RutgerHauer, Jinroh and Nicked like this

#24 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:03 PM

Let your friend do it, can't go wrong!
  • Jinroh likes this

#25 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:06 PM

Or cure VD.

Or cause it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I have about 5ccs of the culture triple wrapped, I'm really tempted to throw it on agar but I'm scared haha

I would be scared as well! It would be fun to try though! Go heavy on the para-film! LOL!

Edited by Jinroh, 21 November 2019 - 03:07 PM.

#26 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:27 PM

Let your friend do it, can't go wrong!

Give it to Mikey... Mikey will try anything...

I may be dating myself but does anyone remember that commercial? I think it was for LIFE cereal...or Chex...can't remember. LOL

#27 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:36 PM

We need a contamination pic of the day thread. Or even a contamination ID thread. If we had one boy, would I have had some jars to show all of you lol. Shit I had trich white mold black mold green mold and cobweb mold. I have yet to get some of that pretty lipstick mold. Fingers crossed my contamination issues are hopefully done with.
  • Jinroh and Nicked like this

#28 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

One thing I have done to lower my contamination rate is when I am running my PC (23qt Presto) I let it vent steam for 10 minutes after the little pressure latch locks in place. This ensures that there is not a pocket of air in your PC and that you are reaching proper temperature and PSI. The last few PC runs have not contaminated at all. Also make sure you are properly preparing your SAB for your work. I used to have a 50% fail rate now I it's more like 1 jar out of 20. Hope this helps man. Keep on trucking man.

Yep! I know the 10 minute air purge trick from my experience in canning from my garden. I don't start my timer until after 10 minutes of purging and then it has to reach 15 psi before I start it.
Cool I'm wanting to try and plant a garden this spring. I want to do some canning and pickling. Give my PC something to do during the days I'm not using it.
  • Jinroh likes this

#29 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:51 PM

One thing I have done to lower my contamination rate is when I am running my PC (23qt Presto) I let it vent steam for 10 minutes after the little pressure latch locks in place. This ensures that there is not a pocket of air in your PC and that you are reaching proper temperature and PSI. The last few PC runs have not contaminated at all. Also make sure you are properly preparing your SAB for your work. I used to have a 50% fail rate now I it's more like 1 jar out of 20. Hope this helps man. Keep on trucking man.

Yep! I know the 10 minute air purge trick from my experience in canning from my garden. I don't start my timer until after 10 minutes of purging and then it has to reach 15 psi before I start it.
Cool I'm wanting to try and plant a garden this spring. I want to do some canning and pickling. Give my PC something to do during the days I'm not using it.

I enjoy it, and not very expensive to get into since you already have a PC.

• buzzkilluton likes this

#30 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:52 PM

We need a contamination pic of the day thread. Or even a contamination ID thread. If we had one boy, would I have had some jars to show all of you lol. Shit I had trich white mold black mold green mold and cobweb mold. I have yet to get some of that pretty lipstick mold. Fingers crossed my contamination issues are hopefully done with.

Contam pic of the day is a great idea. I am sure there are plenty of pics out there!

#31 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 297 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:14 PM

Or cure VD.
Or cause it
I would love to see those plates!
  • Jinroh likes this

#32 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 450 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:20 PM

Might have to do it... I have some agar ready to pour.

It could be a really cool way to test different ways of fighting these contaminations, or breed a cube super strain that can fight, resist, or overtake these contaminations in some way.

Or a good way of ruining months of work :biggrin:

#33 SporeyMF

SporeyMF

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:38 AM

Yo!!! I laughed my ass off when I saw this threat pop on my feed
  • Jinroh likes this

#34 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 450 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:36 PM

GUYS I have an update on what I'm now calling the Christmas Jars!!!!

Screenshot_20191122-231917_Snapchat.jpg Screenshot_20191122-231853_Snapchat.jpg Snapchat-1616622413.jpg Screenshot_20191122-231913_Snapchat.jpg

I have an untrained eye but I see minimum 3 types of mold, maybe cobweb to boot, and in the past 48 hours it looks like the red mold is trying to overtake the trich!

The Cultures

Screenshot_20191122-231925_Snapchat.jpg Screenshot_20191122-231921_Snapchat.jpg

Definitely going to mess around with this culture on agar, should be pretty interesting :biggrin:

• RutgerHauer and Jinroh like this

#35 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:55 AM

This is some other kind of Red Boy variety.. Maybe red girl, due to the lipstick.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 23 November 2019 - 01:44 AM.

• macgyver likes this

#36 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,724 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:41 AM

GUYS I have an update on what I'm now calling the Christmas Jars!!!!
Screenshot_20191122-231917_Snapchat.jpg Screenshot_20191122-231853_Snapchat.jpg Snapchat-1616622413.jpg Screenshot_20191122-231913_Snapchat.jpg
I have an untrained eye but I see minimum 3 types of mold, maybe cobweb to boot, and in the past 48 hours it looks like the red mold is trying to overtake the trich!
The Cultures
Screenshot_20191122-231925_Snapchat.jpg Screenshot_20191122-231921_Snapchat.jpg
Definitely going to mess around with this culture on agar, should be pretty interesting :biggrin:

Ew... I wouldn’t mess around with that at all... that shit would be evicted ASAP, jar and all, I wouldn’t open it if you paid me lol

Why are you keeping such gnarly contams around man? Aren’t you scared of loading up your grow area with mold spores?

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 23 November 2019 - 01:43 AM.

• RutgerHauer likes this

#37 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:45 AM

The jar is in his friends' house I presume,  pretty safe.

• ethnobotanist420 and macgyver like this

#38 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 450 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:51 AM

Yeah the jarS are wayyyyyyyy across the country... I do have a bit of that culture though. In the process of planning my experiment out and sterile procedure will be followed!

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#39 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,724 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:55 AM

Oh ok I get it...

RIP that guys future grows for a while tho lol
  • RutgerHauer likes this

#40 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 450 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:58 AM

I told him how to dispose of them, but I think he is more of a kinesthethic learner I guess :ohmy:

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!