• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:16 AM

GUYS I have an update on what I'm now calling the Christmas Jars!!!!

&&0){for(var>)throw>

I have an untrained eye but I see minimum 3 types of mold, maybe cobweb to boot, and in the past 48 hours it looks like the red mold is trying to overtake the trich!

The Cultures

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20191122-231925_Snapchat.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_20191122-231921_Snapchat.jpg

Definitely going to mess around with this culture on agar, should be pretty interesting :biggrin:

Did your friend mention what they smelled like? I doubt I would even try to smell that for fear of me making a technicolor yawn but that would be a big indicator of what he has.

#42 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 450 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:00 PM

Nope I don't think he has opened them yet. He did tell me he boil sterilized the LC and maple syrup was the nute. And he has a hydroponic set up for bud so maybe a high ambient trich spore load? Thought I remembered reading that trich benefits weed plants and it is common for it to grow on them.

#43 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:58 PM

Nope I don't think he has opened them yet. He did tell me he boil sterilized the LC and maple syrup was the nute. And he has a hydroponic set up for bud so maybe a high ambient trich spore load? Thought I remembered reading that trich benefits weed plants and it is common for it to grow on them.

You are way above my head when it comes to herb. The only thing I know about it is it makes me paranoid as hell!

• macgyver likes this

#44 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:11 AM

Yeah trich is supportive of plant grow, you can even buy it in powdered form to add to your soil. Big chance he has a big spore load in his house if he is growing the ganja man.

@Jinroh: good for you.

• Jinroh likes this

#45 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 943 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:15 AM

I came across a very interesting documentary today about the mushroom. It is obviously an old film, but it is made in such a way that it tells stories about the history and use of mushrooms all the way back to the beginnings of man in an entertaining way that makes it easy to comprehend for the beginner. I am posting a link here because this film is made for newbs. I am pretty sure the majority of the old-timers here have most likely seen it. Anyway, I enjoyed it and learned a few things and that is always a good thing! Now I have even more respect for the mushroom... and it was pretty far up on my respect meter already.

If you have not seen it and have Amazon prime, it is free to watch. If you don't have Prime I am sure you could find it streaming online somewhere for free if you do some poking around.

https://www.amazon.c...oefsM_brws_74_1

Edited by Jinroh, 24 November 2019 - 09:29 AM.

• macgyver likes this

#46 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 450 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:18 PM

I'll have to watch it soon!

• Jinroh likes this

#47 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:28 PM

Here is my latest addition to fails. This plate was one of three that I inoculated at the same time to test my colonized culture. The other two survived well. You can tell the contamination cam in from the edge. So far every bad plate I have had has contaminated that way. Never from the culture itself.

oyster.jpg oyster yuck.jpg

• Moonless likes this

#48 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 919 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2021 - 08:02 PM

This ain't exactly a jar of fail but my newb ass has been dealing with some fungus gnats. Since I'm growing exotics for the first time I wanted to save it so bad I put a jar of vinegar in my FC!!! Didn't think it through what would happen putting in a culture of bacteria in my FC!

Edited by Moonless, 15 April 2021 - 08:03 PM.

• Jinroh likes this

#49 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 919 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2021 - 02:06 PM

Trying to make a jar of fail do a 180.

I inoculated some piopino into three jars. One of the jars had a bad contamination in the bottom of the jar. I just left it to see who would win. Surprisingly the piopino is quite vigorous and I kept my eye on it engulfing the contamination. Well today I decided to take the jar outside and try an outdoor grow. I just took a bag of some regular ass potting soil in it and added the spawn. When I dumped the jar out only the nice white mycelium from the top half came off. I mixed up the bag and called it a day. Lets see where this takes us.

Fail.jpg

bag.jpg

• Jinroh likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!