Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Micro-Madness- What are these nekkid eye twisters?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:36 AM

As mentioned in another post, I found a bunch of photos taken of various projects I had going at the time, some of which were quite interesting. Since they are not something that is common to see, with or without a microscope, it would be a challenge to guess what they are, even if you have seen something similar. So it doesn't become anything more than some fun, I'm just going to post the pics, then at the end I'll tell you what they were taken of, my best guess as to the conditions taken, or any preparation of samples.

These were all taken with my Omax binocular style microscope, with it's digital camera run through my Dell Optiplex computer. Nothing fancy in terms of software, equipment, or samples. Just seeing what the projects I was playing with at the time looked like under the hood.

Here's photo #1.

agarcontam1.jpg

not what you think...

And photo #2 is the "after" to photo #1

agarcontam4.jpg

Photo #3.

gillspore2.jpg

Photo #4, and #5 are of the same thing as #3, but different views.

gillspore100x.jpg

gillspores.jpg

Photo # 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are of the same thing, #10 is put in a salt solution.

ovoids1.jpg             ovoids2.jpg     ovoids3.jpg              ovoids4.jpg ovoids in salt.jpg

Photo #11, 12, 13, and 14 are similar in content, different in time and views.

ptleaf5jpg.jpg                                    ptleaf4jpg.jpg

ovoids3.jpg                                       potleaf.jpg

Lastly these are of the same basic thing we all deal with on this site to some extent, different strains, different times and in some cases a preparation was made for effect or photo enhancement.

Photo #15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22.

myc1.jpg                                             myc2.jpg

myc3.jpg                                             myc6.jpg

myc7.jpg                                             myc8.jpg

myclm1.jpg                               mycagar2oox.jpg

It's been a while since I have posted with photos and I'm not sure how this is going to look. I will get back in a bit with the answers, but if you think you know what some of these are, feel free to post your guesses, even with only one or two. It's not a contest, more of some fun with your knowledge of the hidden world exposed and recorded for science purposes. 

Let me see how this posts and if all goes like I think it will, I can take more pics and do another one. Enjoy, and peace be with you throughout.

Attached Thumbnails

• ptleaf2jpg.jpg

• Skywatcher, Juthro and RutgerHauer like this

#2 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:31 AM

Well I see that I need to leave out naming the photos so I can sort them on the laptop. Kind of gives it away in some cases. It's not like a secret, but if you don't know what something is, it can be mysterious, and your guesses may be more interesting than the actual case. 

I have found myself thoroughly entertained by this piece of equipment. It has helped me with identification of many various items, some of them were valuable finds. It was instrumental in the growing industry, both of the plants and the subsequent products made from the plant and its extracts. 

The additional feature of having not only still photos, but video camera footage as well, makes it very useful when something is rapidly changing and there's no time to shoot pics and save and setup and shoot again. Being able to have an entire roomful of people watching what you see through the eyepiece, while you look through the occulars and adjust placement and focus of the object being viewed, is really quite amazing. Reactions such as watching the flooding a sample of crystals with a strong solvent or base and watching what happens, along with a video to see it again and again is priceless when it's something hard to describe, but crucial in its importance to being described. 

If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a video worth?

Okay, so there's not going to be any math, even theoretical, I lapse into babbel with that last little puff....bad me.

Key to the photos, Oh Yeah, I was here doing something.

Photo #1.   Not some black tadpoles, sperm or other animal, but yeast mold, if mold can grow on  yeast, or just the yeast itself.

I thought this agar project had started to grow, and it had, just not what I wanted. I thought I was watching the germ-

ination of spores in solution, grown on a malted yeast agar foundation.

Photo #2.   Same sample a day later, Grow we must.  Unfortunately they looked like the were starting to wiggle so I tossed they in the fire. Candiru                         came to mind. Scary.

Photo #3    Carefully cut gills from a ps. golden teacher fresh shroom. 'These were not dropping spore load yet. Still unopened caps, tried to get a                           single gill to show how the spores grew like grapes, which is what the next couple of photos tried to convey.

Photo #6.   After the caps were open and dropping spores, on the way to the syringe making area, the spores were printed and put into solution to                        germinate. These pics show various stages of groups of spores as they would be found in the syringe solution. Some I believe were 

starting to pop open.

Photo #11  These were a small pot leaf at low (100x) power. The red overlay I thought at first was the lens growing mold from living in Hawaii.                                 Everything had a film of red dirt, but this looked like a web of some mycelial network that completely surrounded the plant. It was too small to see with the nekkid eye, so I wondered if it was particular to the area, or if it was common symbiotic plant relationship witnessing.

Photo #15.  these are photos of thc crystals, trichomes, that sort of stuff from matured plant flowers. If don't remember what or why I was documenting these particular ones for, but I'm sure I had a reason. They were interesting in the lack of color at this point. I found the key to knowing when your plants were ready to pick. The material all turned clear after some growing conditions were met and the potency had reached it's peak. In this case with the cannabis test kit's I had purchased, I found the Cherry Bomb strain I had grown was 24%, and that's pretty dang good for a man who lived to see pot semi legal in his lifetime, something I never thought I'd see to tell the truth. It still remains to be seen whether the government will follow the lead of the peoples desires, or will hold fast to losing the war on drugs to finance the war on terrorism. I'd rather not have to watch that conflict too many more years.

I will be back as soon as I get some more interesting samples to share. I have in the past taken pictures of peoples projects and sent them back, I have no problem doing that again if requested. Sometimes it makes it all the more real when you have a blown up photo of something crazy wild that you had a hand in growing. 

Hope all meets with your enjoyment, and we will see you all again, next time around. 

Happy;

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,958 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:40 AM

I can identify this one for you happy,

Its a POTM entry..................... :thumbs_up:

https://mycotopia.ne...t/#entry1431651

post-148298-0-87877500-1574418195.jpg

Really interesting and beautiful photos !

• Juthro likes this

#4 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,797 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

Cool stuff Happy!

#5 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:45 PM

Damn I thought #1 was some type of slime mold or pin mold... kinda close I guess lol

I thought #3 might be a part of a mushroom but I had no idea it was a gill... that’s pretty damn cool, man!

Beautiful pictures!

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 23 November 2019 - 02:46 PM.

#6 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:09 PM

I'm going to try to get some dyes to enhance the photos of the clear stuff. I hear what you're saying about the light coming from below. Mine does both, but mainly the one from below, since it's an l.e.d. bulb it makes funny shadows, and most things don't look good with backlight. Some color and some good lighting and I'm off to find some rocks and trees and flowers and stagnant water. See ya soon!!

• Skywatcher likes this

#7 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

I'm going to try to get some dyes to enhance the photos of the clear stuff. I hear what you're saying about the light coming from below. Mine does both, but mainly the one from below, since it's an l.e.d. bulb it makes funny shadows, and most things don't look good with backlight. Some color and some good lighting and I'm off to find some rocks and trees and flowers and stagnant water. See ya soon!!

Ok I don’t wanna sound like a pervert but have you tried blood and semen?

LOL

Seriously tho... some of the craziest shit to look at under a microscope IMO.

#8 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:29 PM

You know I have in the past, but not with the new microscope. That's a hell of an idea though. I bet it does a real fine job with those, and maybe other bodily fluids. Almost scared what I might find though. Lol. I can just imagine looking at some samples and some demon monster looking zombie virus comes into view, winks and waves and goes on to eating up the good stuff and laying thousands of eggs in its wake.

#9 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:38 PM

You know I have in the past, but not with the new microscope. That's a hell of an idea though. I bet it does a real fine job with those, and maybe other bodily fluids. Almost scared what I might find though. Lol. I can just imagine looking at some samples and some demon monster looking zombie virus comes into view, winks and waves and goes on to eating up the good stuff and laying thousands of eggs in its wake.

Ahhh dude what the hell now I’m scared of looking at my blood under the scope again lol

#10 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:50 AM

I saw something almost as gross because it was real but a camera wasn't available on the microscope to have a still shot. Windows 10 is kind of particular about programs written in the old days. There's probably an app within another app that will have the drivers translation guide for the microscope manufacturers webpage specifications chart. I can only hope so, then I can share,

#11 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:10 AM

I saw something almost as gross because it was real but a camera wasn't available on the microscope to have a still shot. Windows 10 is kind of particular about programs written in the old days. There's probably an app within another app that will have the drivers translation guide for the microscope manufacturers webpage specifications chart. I can only hope so, then I can share,

I am intrigued and terrified. I hope you can get it working!

#12 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,298 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 05:42 AM

Hey Happy, it's been a while. Definitely been missing those texts... Have you tried Toupview for your scope camera? Works great with windows 10. If you can't find it let me know.....

#13 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:41 PM

Thanks Needles, I'll look that one up. I still have the old disc, amazingly, and haven't tried it. The scope doesn't go with me when I travel to the internet friendly site. It has to get done in steps. Why make anything easy, right? Hope everything is going smoothly for you and yours. I'll be around, and looking for some trouble to get into, LOL, just like always.

• Needles likes this

#14 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

All I see is sperm.

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#15 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

Except they are black, what are you getting at Cat? Maybe you have some wishful thinking going on here? It does seem a bit odd that the same basic shape is used for human fertilization and mold sporation. Are we somehow related to the molds? The tails don't wiggle though in the mold case, and they live a lot longer. 

#16 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:24 PM

Except they are black, what are you getting at Cat? Maybe you have some wishful thinking going on here? It does seem a bit odd that the same basic shape is used for human fertilization and mold sporation. Are we somehow related to the molds? The tails don't wiggle though in the mold case, and they live a lot longer. 

sperm-fact-information-funny-1099969.jpe

Don't mind me, I'm just dicking around.

• happy4nic8r likes this

#17 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:34 PM

That is a fuck of a lot of information. You could almost use semen as a conduit for information transfer, if you could train those little buggers to do more than ram their heads into a wall trying to bust in. Maybe the answer is a magnetic nanosperm that would line everyone up and get them all traveling in the right direction. I hear they move pretty fast, but only for a short time. They would be more like the storage rather than the vehicle. Hmmm. Why am I thinking about this? See what you've started?

• CatsAndBats likes this

#18 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

That is a fuck of a lot of information. You could almost use semen as a conduit for information transfer, if you could train those little buggers to do more than ram their heads into a wall trying to bust in. Maybe the answer is a magnetic nanosperm that would line everyone up and get them all traveling in the right direction. I hear they move pretty fast, but only for a short time. They would be more like the storage rather than the vehicle. Hmmm. Why am I thinking about this? See what you've started?

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!