• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Shroomy9

Shroomy9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:43 PM

Hi guys,I m planing on doing a 2.5 gram mushroom trip in 2 days.Silent darkness.

I hope to get insight and profoundly change my life.I have been meditating  every day for 3 months and i want to ask if you have any advice.

Should i play music during the trip,i have never done a trip alone(i have a trip sitter ) there were always more of us on shrooms and the silent darkness is a first one for me .

• Nicked likes this

#2 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

You are giving the answer yourself with your plan, silent darkness. But do whatever you like, not what we (or McKenna) say you should do and sometimes your plans get sidetracked. Good luck, try and enjoy, don't worry.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 26 November 2019 - 04:02 PM.

• Guy1298, Oneyedraven, ElPirana and 2 others like this

#3 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,020 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:35 PM

I've done a lot of low to medium doses in darkness. And had a pretty strong meditation routine back then.

I'd keep music around, but I'd keep it in my control. Music-maker in hand, ipod, phone, whatever. If it feels right, I'll listen. If it feels wrong, I won't. Music is a good way to deal with the fear if and when it comes. What I mean by that is that changing music is a good way to influence the path of the trip. Also, a good way to make things feel ancient or spiritual. 

But, yeah, silent darkness. No music there unfortunately.

Edited by Guy1298, 26 November 2019 - 06:41 PM.

• Coopdog, ElPirana and Shroomy9 like this

#4 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:06 PM

Just wing it man, try it with music, try it without, let the wave take you wherever it may

I find a great power in music, but everyone has a different appreciation for it

Exploring is the best part

Edited by flashingrooster, 26 November 2019 - 10:08 PM.

• Sidestreet, ethnobotanist420, Ronald Ray Gun and 1 other like this

#5 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:15 AM

I agree with the just wing it thing.

I mean obviously be safe and have a sitter and don’t take doses you can’t handle but as far as what to do...

Let the mushrooms show you man! Silent darkness is cool and you might find yourself drawn there, you might want music on, you might want to be outside or you might want to do all of the above! I usually do lol

Just be safe about it and go with the flow IMO. The meditation will keep you grounded if things get intense.

I think you sound ready, willing, able and responsible so have fun man! I personally don’t think you need to be meditating the whole time or follow any one persons trip ritual to find deep meaning and insights.

Do what works for you! And the only way to find out what that is is to be open to the experience and go with the flow like @flashingrooster said.

Tripping is a really personal experience and you should find your own path and not be to worried about how someone else likes to experience psychedelics IMO.

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 27 November 2019 - 12:19 AM.

• Ronald Ray Gun, flashingrooster and Shroomy9 like this

#6 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,014 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:20 PM

Hi guys,I m planing on doing a 2.5 gram mushroom trip in 2 days.Silent darkness.

I hope to get insight and profoundly change my life.I have been meditating  every day for 3 months and i want to ask if you have any advice.

I would suggest abandoning any expectations and approaching it with an openness to whatever comes.

I'd also double the dose, but as long as you stay under 3 grams or over 5 grams you should avoid the often more-problematic mid-range doses. I generally have much rougher trips at doses between 3 and 5 grams than 5 or more (or 3 and fewer), and others have reported experiencing the same. 

Psychedelics, and mushrooms in particular, often seem to give us what we need rather than what we think we want, and the themes involved in this kind of exploration are so big and so deep that it's not likely that we're even truly capable of figuring out what the right (or most productive) questions are to ask. So in my opinion and experience it's all but pointless to try to impose my will on such an experience by expecting to be like this or to show me that or whatever.

I've tried damned near every approach to tripping and the most consistently-productive one has been to consume my dose while thinking "show me what I need to see" (since determining what that is is clearly way over my head) and leaving it at that. This is not a thought formed in words but in a focused Intent to listen (or witness, as it were).

• ethnobotanist420, Ronald Ray Gun and Asura like this

#7 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,601 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:06 PM

i try to have some food and hydration prepared and readily available. Music is good if you don't have to assemble the stereo. If you were taking a large dose, I have even left a note for the paramedics, should they happen to be called because I'm out and can't communicate my thoughts. Tell them what you've done so they don't treat you for something that the treatment will conflict with the trip you're on.

There's probably more things that you could do in preparation, but those seem to stick out this morning.

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#8 Shroomy9

Shroomy9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:28 PM

Thank you all for your replies,i am doing the trip tomorrow and i will take all of the advice you gave me ,except for the doubling of the dose because.i havent got any more shrooms,i also red that mid doses are sometimes more dificult then the higher ones but i have never experienced a really intense trip so this will be a first timer,i will have some music on standy ,any recomendations are welcome and il post my post trip after if you are interested.Thank you so much once again:)

#9 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 407 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:07 PM

Yeah let us know how it goes. Good thing about a mid-size dose is that you’re likely to remember most of the trip. On real high doses, I have a lot of problems remembering big parts of the trip afterwards, although sometimes pieces will come to me later. I would also agree with some of the previous advice, it’s nearly impossible to decide what the trip will be like, maybe a general intention is as close as it gets. The trip will pretty much take you where it takes you.
  • Shroomy9 likes this

#10 Shroomy9

Shroomy9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:08 PM

One last thing guys,i found one more gram of golden teachers.Now i dont know if i should take 2.5 or 3.5 like some of u sugested,3.5 is a tad scary at this point becouse i have never done silent darknes.

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,014 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

Go with what your gut tells you.

And I'd explore giving your dose a fresh-squeezed lime juice pre-soak. It's my standard (and favorite) way to take them and has been for years when I'm not storing them in honey.

The following post and a few more after it explain the why and how of that method if you're not familiar it: https://mycotopia.ne...s/#entry1406969

• Shroomy9 likes this

#12 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:29 PM

I find the fear is usually subsided by the nice tasty effects of the mushroom. Pre flight jitters man, once you are up and flying you will wonder what you were even worrying about. You may even feel the sensation to want to take more

• Ronald Ray Gun, Oneyedraven and Shroomy9 like this

#13 Shroomy9

Shroomy9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:50 AM

Thanks again guys,im off in aprox 4 hours ,waiting for my friend to come over,wish me change :)

#14 Shroomy9

Shroomy9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:53 AM

Well guys i did it ,and to be honest silent darkness didnt do it for me becouse the dose was i guess very small i took 2.5,i took the trip way to seriusly and forgot that i  had triped multiple times before and i guess i had to much of an expectation for this one.Next time i will do 5 in silent darkness ,cheers.:)

#15 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:47 PM

Funny you should say. I had a bit of a surprise last night. Not all mushroom are created equal. I have a stash of home grown, all the same strain so you would assume close to same potency. They are ground into pill form for ease of use This is not the first time I have taken this high of a dose off them. But man was it the strongest trip by far. My best guess was the empty stomach part. The come up was really intense on this one

I took a around a 2.6 g dose last night. I forgot how powerful these babies can be sometimes. The highs and the lows.... I remember swimming on my kitchen floor at one point. There was some what I can only describe and hieroglyphic fractal like patterns, I could not help but feel an ancient energy. Not to mention the one or two times i saw peoples faces go slightly lizard. First time I ever hallucinated quick flashes of something out of the corner of my eye.... It was intense and left me with that love hate feeling. Scared and intrigued of what I might find next

Edited by flashingrooster, 29 November 2019 - 01:48 PM.

• Nicked and Shroomy9 like this

#16 Shroomy9

Shroomy9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

Man i am so happy for you ,mine was very weak i mean i had a lot of expectations and i thought  the silent darkness was much stronger but i was wrong,i used psychodelics before and i am very stong mentally when triping.Message me if you wanna talk more :)

#17 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,020 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:02 PM

I suspected it might turn out like this! 

I guess you can give it another try and see what happens. 

• Shroomy9 likes this

#18 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,846 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:21 PM

Man I hate it when faces morph. That can really fuck with my mind. Makes me wonder if I can see something that I can not when I am sober if that makes any sense. Had the impression once of my brother in law's head lengthening out into a sort of dog man but very ferocious and hungry looking. Stood in the mirror one time staring at some ugly beady eyed pig faced demon looking creature looking back at me. I could see it for a couple of hours, but only as my eyes came up to the mirror. That really fucked with my mind that time because we were having a good time. It was frightening and I dreaded walking past the mirror because I could not NOT look. Sitting outside with my brother in law again one other time, there was a horse following us around (in real life) and chilling on the hillside with us like a big puppy dog, and my brother in laws head turned into a horse like shape as he was snuggling and scratching the horses neck. THAT was a strange trip. Come to think of it, I dont think any of those trips were on Cubensis, but Ovoids. Been a while since then but they were a whole different beast than cubensis in a lot of ways. Sure would like to come across those again. 

• ElPirana, flashingrooster and Shroomy9 like this

#19 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

Yeah I know exactly what you mean... You mind starts to wonder about if you are somehow looking through a momentary window of some type. It was right when I started to peak, I caught this glimpse of what could only be described as a lizard man royal.  Wearing fancy ornate old Egyptian type clothes or something of that nature. It was a weird sensation of it somewhere between being in my mind and in reality. Sort of like I had the memory of seeing it but did not actually see i, because it was so quick and i "looked away". If that makes sense

As fun as those thoughts are, I might have to lean towards it just being a fabrication based on memories. After some reflection on the event I suspect it came from this being fresh in my mind. I had just watched the mandalorian earlier in the week. More than a few times over. It had my mind stirring up some very very old memories from childhood. Any star wars nerds will recognize the trandoshan alien race that Bosk is from. 

trandoshans-696x464.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• download.jpg

Edited by flashingrooster, 03 December 2019 - 07:40 PM.

• Coopdog and Shroomy9 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!