• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:18 PM

So sense i've had success with indoor cubes, im thinking about an outdoor one. I think i need to start this project soon as i read somewhere the process is a bit longer. I live in hardiness zones 5b and 6a. What species could i even do? Im hoping for P.Azurencens :p

#2 Insearchof1075

Insearchof1075

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:32 PM

I have some wood lovers that grow in my area. I haven’t been looking that hard but bet your ass when I find one I’m getting a bag full and a print..lol. Wood lovers take a lot longer to incubate etc. I think you’re looking at months instead weeks.
I’ve never tripped on wood lovers. I’ve read it’s a much smoother ride.

#3 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:49 PM

Yeah im sure it is with any concentrated substance. The "wood lovers paralysis" has me very cautious but i think thats a problem for future dabluebonic!! Anyhow if i was skilled and had the time and knowledge i would track down a print in my local woods, but for this i will buy prints online. Longer colonization yes thats why i need to get this going asap!!

#4 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

I have a Reishi syringe and I'm really confused what to do next. drunkas a bitch but I think I'm gonna continue like a cube, LC or straight to a grain

Can't speak on outdoor cubes, zero XP let me know how it goes... back to the bottle.

me hablas un poquito englando

#5 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:35 PM

Sorry if i lead you to believe i was doing cubes outdoors. I live nowhere near the climate for that. My ultimate goal is to introduce the most likely species to survive my climate to the woods and surrounding area where i live. Ill be walking around the woods with a tank on my back spraying everything with lc!! In the meantime i guess ill try a small outdoor patch. It would be funny to see mushrooms growing all over everyone's mulch bed near me. Even funnier if it made the news.

#6 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:43 PM

Sorry if i lead you to believe i was doing cubes outdoors. I live nowhere near the climate for that. My ultimate goal is to introduce the most likely species to survive my climate to the woods and surrounding area where i live. Ill be walking around the woods with a tank on my back spraying everything with lc!! In the meantime i guess ill try a small outdoor patch. It would be funny to see mushrooms growing all over everyone's mulch bed near me. Even funnier if it made the news.

Do you live where any psilocybin mushrooms grow naturally?

No Psilocybin mushrooms really grow here except Pan. Cintulus and maybe a Gymnopilus species if you are lucky as fuck lol

I’ve gotten Psilocybe Cubensis to grow outdoors from spent substrates here before but I got lucky and starting a bed of Psilocybe cyanescens is my goal as well and probably my best bet being in central Canada just from a cold resistance standpoint.

Long story short I would say try to grow what grows in your area and if nothing does woodlovers are probably your best bet as far as I know. I haven’t personally done it here yet but I know people have had luck growing woodlovers out of thier natural range.

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 26 November 2019 - 11:50 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#7 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:42 AM

Well that gives me hope. Theres a list of the species that grow in my area, amd almost all the big names are on that list. But then a different site will tell me something different. Liberty caps are found almost everywhere but they are so small i dont think they would be worth the trouble.

#8 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 148 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:51 AM

Well that gives me hope. Theres a list of the species that grow in my area, amd almost all the big names are on that list. But then a different site will tell me something different. Liberty caps are found almost everywhere but they are so small i dont think they would be worth the trouble.

Sounds like you've got a few options. Looking forward to seeing your updates..

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!