Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What gauge/length/type needle do I need...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adrian118

adrian118

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:35 PM

... for inoculating grain jar through a SHIP with a 13mm opening diameter. 

Trying to make the move into grain and get set up and of course Im over thinking every detail.

WHAT DO I BUYYYY!  :confused:

tia

#2 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:58 PM

I usually buy 1 inch, 18gauge lure lock needles and whatever size syringes I feel like getting lol.

Honestly I wouldn’t overthink it too much... I’ve used super thin insulin needles to make spore syringes before and they worked just fine.

If you plan on doing LCs and sucking up mycelium water tho I’d go for something with a bigger gauge. 18gauge has always treated me well and I like 1 inch or more of needle to get down into jars better.

Oh also if you can’t seem to find them locally find a place that sells farm supply and horse care type products... if you can find salt blocks there chances are you can buy sharps and syringes there. If anyone tries to harass you as to why you want them you can tell them to fuck off, or tell them you are refilling ink cartridges or something lol no one has ever bugged me tho probably because IV drug users tend to not want to use thick as fuck needles and I think they’ve made that connection lol

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 27 November 2019 - 12:04 AM.

• adrian118 likes this

#3 adrian118

adrian118

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:30 AM

I usually buy 1 inch, 18gauge lure lock needles and whatever size syringes I feel like getting lol.

Honestly I wouldn’t overthink it too much... I’ve used super thin insulin needles to make spore syringes before and they worked just fine.

If you plan on doing LCs and sucking up mycelium water tho I’d go for something with a bigger gauge. 18gauge has always treated me well and I like 1 inch or more of needle to get down into jars better.

Oh also if you can’t seem to find them locally find a place that sells farm supply and horse care type products... if you can find salt blocks there chances are you can buy sharps and syringes there. If anyone tries to harass you as to why you want them you can tell them to fuck off, or tell them you are refilling ink cartridges or something lol no one has ever bugged me tho probably because IV drug users tend to not want to use thick as fuck needles and I think they’ve made that connection lol

Thank you ethnobotanist420, that clears it all up for me.

#4 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:12 AM

Thank you ethnobotanist420, that clears it all up for me.

No problem! Glad I could help! :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!