23 replies to this topic

#1 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:48 AM

The title really sums it up but I’ll elaborate as best I can...

When I first discovered cannabis I loved it... it made me happy and giggly, it calmed me down and it was a bit trippy at times. I could always count on Cannabis to relax me and elevate my mood no matter what kind of mindset I was in.

After I delved deep enough into psychedelics I found Cannabis was becoming hit or miss for me in the sense that it wouldn’t necessarily calm me down or even seem to let me enjoy it... sometimes it would send me on an incredibly powerful downward spiral of anxiety and fear. I started to use it less and less frequently because of this panic response I was having (and still occasionally have).

Cannabis became much less of a party/relaxing drug and it felt much more psychedelic to me in and of itself. It became difficult to use it too frequently for fear of having a “bad trip” so to speak and I found myself being able to use traditional psychedelics like psilocybin or LSD much more easily than Cannabis. I have definitely taken breaks from smoking weed (and using psychedelics) in the past but it has always remained close to my heart.

I think the main thing I noticed was that whenever I smoked weed after I had some reasonably heavy psychedelics trips under my belt it was like I was getting a refresher of a lesson I had already learned from something like Psilocybin or LSD each time. A reminder about lessons learned from past trips that I hadn’t yet intigrated, but from a teacher that seemed even more strict than traditional psychedelics if that makes sense. It was as if the Cannabis was saying “you know all this shit about how to better yourself and you haven’t used it. Stop being a lazy idiot and put some of it to use” and it was not very gentle about showing me my flaws.

A few years ago I started using Cannabis with higher amounts of CBD and I’ve really found this to be a great way for me to get back into the groove with the herb without sending me into a panic attack. I now find I can use strains higher in THC without going into a panic spiral and I’m really appreciating the effects now that I have a bit better of an understanding of how my relationship with Cannabis should look:

If I just want to relieve stress I’ll opt for something lighter in THC and higher in CBD. If I want to get nice and ripped I need to understand that for whatever reason Cannabis has become much more psychedelic for me and I need to treat it as such...

Since I’ve come to this realization I am able to smoke a good amount of strong, high THC bud and not find myself spiraling into panic. I can get a bit panicky but when I do I find there is usually something I should be listening to that I’m not... there’s a message I’m meant to get and I need to pay attention. Once I get the message it’s all smooth sailing and I feel like I’m being rewarded for doing some self reflecting. I get really deep introspection from Cannabis now (not that I haven’t before but it feels different now) and it’s become an incredible tool for personal insight and growth. I have a relationship that’s so much deeper with it now then when I first started using it.

Like I said before it seems like Cannabis is helping me integrate lessons from past psychedelic experiences as well as helping me learn new ones. It’s not that it’s become much more visual for me or anything (tho I can get visuals from THC at high enough doses) but after using psychedelics I feel like the headspace has changed. And I like it a lot!

Has anyone else experienced this? It’s almost like the high I get from Cannabis has “matured” now and I think that is likely do, in big part, to psychedelics. I’m sure me maturing as a person plays a big role also but that is something I also have to give a lot of credit to psychedelics for anyway. What do you guys think?

Looking forward to hearing your opinions and experiences!
-Ethno

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 28 November 2019 - 02:24 AM.

• Sidestreet, crazy1, OldBear and 1 other like this

#2 Rac3k

Rac3k

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:52 AM

I also seee cannabis differently now,..i just dont know what did it more mushrooms or meditation, probably both.

Now maybe i smoke 3-4 times a month and its enough. If i get high one day there is absolutely no desire to smoke it the next day,

If I stared smoking every day now i would probably be depressed, 

As Krishnamurti said, pleasure and pain and two sides of the same coin.

• ethnobotanist420 and clumsy like this

#3 notfade

notfade

WALSTIB

• VIP
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:06 AM

I'd be curious to know what strains and how stable they were as well. (crossing wise F1/F2 etc)  What stage of hybridization (if any).   How grown (ie: au natural or hydroponically with chems)?   Flushed properly before cut/cure etc...

Your body will react to these things above, and your mind will link to things that are not exactly the cause.   :)

As we have just seen in the vapor game, all sorts of adulterants/pesticides/chems used with out our explicit knowledge.

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,061 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

I was/am the same way with cannabis. Loved it when I was younger for the same reasons. Later on in life it became less interesting. Started doing it less and less probably for the same reasons also. It became when I was high like a paranoid anxious psychedelic trip for me. I never really connected it due to the use of psychedelics though, but maybe that had something to do with it. I just chalked it up to aging and my chemistry changing. Don't get me wrong, Psychedelics are responsible for many changes in my life and maybe there is a connection with the cannabis thing that I didn't put the two together. Its just feels to me that it happened due to maturity.

While its a nice feeling to know that if something happened at work I will test clean, I do enjoy cannabis here and there with some of the High Sativa edibles that or so readily available now days. When I'm on Psychedelic too, cannabis is still very enjoyable.

#5 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:07 PM

Interesting what you say about switching to cannabis with a higher cbd content. Your experiences seem to support this idea

I was reading about how we had mostly bred cbd out of cannabis. Since it was almost exclusively in the black market for so long. The breeding was done in the search for high thc content. This in turn is suspected of causing the higher levels of anxiety and paranoia. The selective breeding may have thrown off the complex balance of the two main components. I think there are well over one hundred different terpenes with various properties as well. They used to just associate them with the smell.

Also for me I find, with less frequent use comes a more intense high. And as a side effect higher levels of paranoia and anxiety.... But maybe it's all in the strain

Terpene-Chart.png

Perhaps I should consider chasing down some higher cbd content as well. Time to search out some test kit's to see what my home grown is

• coorsmikey and ethnobotanist420 like this

#6 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for your replies everyone :)

@Rac3k
Pleasure and pain are definitely two sides of the same coin... I really like that. It really speaks to a lot of things in life but it fits very well with learning any lesson in life imo... generally the more painful the lesson is to learn the more rewarding it is.

@Notfade
I really have no idea honestly... at the time I wasn’t growing enough to smoke my own bud exclusively so I had to rely on the black market to fill my needs and I have no idea how 90% of the pot I was smoking back then was grown and most of the time I didn’t even k ow what strain it was lol I can say for sure tho that I always enjoyed my homegrown more... it maybe didn’t get me as high but growing it with love and knowing it’s story definitely lead to less anxiety for me undoubtedly.

@Coorsmikey
I definitely think it has a lot to do with maturity and perhaps I’m focousing too much on psychedelics causing the change in my perception of cannabis.

When I first started using it I wasn’t exactly super critical of myself (being a teenager) and perhaps that arrogance and feeling of invincibility we have when we are young translated into a more carefree experience. As you grow older you grow wiser... you get humbled, you face hard times and realize you aren’t so god damn great and I can definitely see that change in maturity leading to a drastically different experience.

@Flashingrooster
Definitely with less frequent use there is a more intense experience imo. Even with strains that are only 4-5% THC and 10-11% CBD. Tolerance still plays a big role in your experience.

When I started to consider as many characteristics of the plant as possible I found I would get a much better experience. I really enjoy strains in the 4-10% THC area with silimar or higher CBD levels personally.

The first high CBD content strain I grew was called Critical Cure from Barney’s farm and was listed as producing 5% THC and 8% CBD, roughly. I ended up absolutely loving it but I don’t think it was only the canabinoid ratios that made this strain so special for me... the terpene profile on that strain was amazing... it was earthy, slightly lemony and herbal all while being wrapped in an almost incense-like floral vibe. If you think about what terpenes were likely causing that profile it’s seems to have been loaded with terpenes known to sedate and calm you and it certainly did just that!

I’m not affiliated with anyone involved with that strain or anyone selling it in any way (I’m not affiliated with ANYONE lol) but I really have to say it was quite good imo lol if you are an indica fan looking to try something with high CBD I would definitely recommend it.

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 28 November 2019 - 03:23 PM.

• flashingrooster and notfade like this

#7 notfade

notfade

WALSTIB

• VIP
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for your replies everyone :)

@Rac3k
Pleasure and pain are definitely two sides of the same coin... I really like that. It really speaks to a lot of things in life but it fits very well with learning any lesson in life imo... generally the more painful the lesson is to learn the more rewarding it is.

@Notfade
I really have no idea honestly... at the time I wasn’t growing enough to smoke my own bud exclusively so I had to rely on the black market to fill my needs and I have no idea how 90% of the pot I was smoking back then was grown and most of the time I didn’t even k ow what strain it was lol I can say for sure tho that I always enjoyed my homegrown more... it maybe didn’t get me as high but growing it with love and knowing it’s story definitely lead to less anxiety for me undoubtedly.

@Coorsmikey
I definitely think it has a lot to do with maturity and perhaps I’m focousing too much on psychedelics causing the change in my perception of cannabis.

When I first started using it I wasn’t exactly super critical of myself (being a teenager) and perhaps that arrogance and feeling of invincibility we have when we are young translated into a more carefree experience. As you grow older you grow wiser... you get humbled, you face hard times and realize you aren’t so god damn great and I can definitely see that change in maturity leading to a drastically different experience.

@Flashingrooster
Definitely with less frequent use there is a more intense experience imo. Even with strains that are only 4-5% THC and 10-11% CBD. Tolerance still plays a big role in your experience.

When I started to consider as many characteristics of the plant as possible I found I would get a much better experience. I really enjoy strains in the 4-10% THC area with silimar or higher CBD levels personally.

The first high CBD content strain I grew was called Critical Cure from Barney’s farm and was listed as producing 5% THC and 8% CBD, roughly. I ended up absolutely loving it but I don’t think it was only the canabinoid ratios that made this strain so special for me... the terpene profile on that strain was amazing... it was earthy, slightly lemony and herbal all while being wrapped in an almost incense-like floral vibe. If you think about what terpenes were likely causing that profile it’s seems to have been loaded with terpenes known to sedate and calm you and it certainly did just that!

I’m not affiliated with anyone involved with that strain or anyone selling it in any way (I’m not affiliated with ANYONE lol) but I really have to say it was quite good imo lol if you are an indica fan looking to try something with high CBD I would definitely recommend it.

Sorry for the questions, rather than compassion and relaying an experience as you asked for.   My curiosity just went off after reading.   I understand not knowing re: black market & home grown, that also makes sense.

Never having really refrained from use in almost 25 years, more just listened to my body say more please, or in turn, pull back on the stick a bit...

Never hurts to just do what feels right, not force it, and listen to your gut/voice in head/natural instinct. 

Also:  love Barney’s farm.  My fav shop(s)/spots in Amsterdam.   (really good genetics work and love they are working with high CBD and US/Cali stuff now alot)

Edited by notfade, 28 November 2019 - 08:15 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#8 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

No need to apologize at all man! I totally agree with what you said!

Ever since I started only really smoking what I grow myself or what friends I trust grow I have a massive appreciation for how much growing factors can influence the end product.

We got this weed from a guy we didn’t know very well one time when we were young and we nicknamed it “the sizzler”. It was greasy and not in a good way... it was almost oily and when you smoked it it snapped, crackled and sizzled and left gnarly, oily black ash. I took one hit of this shit and I swear to god I thought it was laced with WD-40... it tasted so chemically and gave me an immediate headache lol thankfully we only bought a small bag and we had the sense to throw it in the garbage and never buy from that guy again.

Looking back I’m thinking the grower probably massively overfed it, never flushed it and probably sprayed the hell out of it for pests/mold right up until he harvested it. He probably bagged it wet too and and ended up including a touch of mold for us to enjoy.

If I had never smoked properly grown and cured weed before that I probably never would have smoked again. If that was weed I didn’t want any part of it lol

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 28 November 2019 - 09:01 PM.

• notfade likes this

#9 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:26 AM

I've also noticed changes in the effects of cannabis. 

I remember before psychedelics, it would make me happy, relax, enjoy food, and like music. After the first bit of psychedelic use, I remember meditating with it and realizing that I could lose the sense of my body fairly easily. Sometime later, as I pushed the meditation, it produced minimal closed-eye visuals, geometric patterns, etc.

Nowadays, if I smoke it my mind jumps way off into a psychedelic way of thinking. I sense "spirits" and have other interesting thoughts and feelings. I still enjoy it. But, I've never had a habit, so I usually leave it alone. It's not social for me. I'd rather be alone or alone and together, observing the strangeness of my thoughts and the world I see.

Edited by Guy1298, 29 November 2019 - 11:27 AM.

#10 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

I've also noticed changes in the effects of cannabis.

I remember before psychedelics, it would make me happy, relax, enjoy food, and like music. After the first bit of psychedelic use, I remember meditating with it and realizing that I could lose the sense of my body fairly easily. Sometime later, as I pushed the meditation, it produced minimal closed-eye visuals, geometric patterns, etc.

Nowadays, if I smoke it my mind jumps way off into a psychedelic way of thinking. I sense "spirits" and have other interesting thoughts and feelings. I still enjoy it. But, I've never had a habit, so I usually leave it alone. It's not social for me. I'd rather be alone or alone and together, observing the strangeness of my thoughts and the world I see.

It’s definitely not very social for me anymore either... I find myself watching the way people interact and thinking “is that how I’m supposed to do that?”. Social interaction feels alien as hell for me on Cannabis unless it’s with Mrs. Ethno... we have a pretty similar way of thinking so I don’t have many concerns about saying something weird or trying to “act” my way through a social interaction lol

#11 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,629 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:52 AM

I was reading about how we had mostly bred cbd out of cannabis. Since it was almost exclusively in the black market for so long. The breeding was done in the search for high thc content. This in turn is suspected of causing the higher levels of anxiety and paranoia. The selective breeding may have thrown off the complex balance of the two main components.

I read this too and the breeding of cannabis for ever-higher THC levels reminds me of how humanity has a tendency to take things too far when developing psychoactive substances.  First we made delicious beer.  That wasn't good enough, though, and so we concentrated alcohol much further into the more destructive liquors.  First we had natural opium, but we just had to keep going right through heroin and now we have fentanyl and even carfentanyl.  People were perfectly happy to munch the coca leaf but that wasn't good enough for humanity and we concentrated it into cocaine. 

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.”

It's funny, we've been questing for the most concentrated forms of THC possible and come up with dabs and oils etc.  Now one of the biggest problems hemp farmers have is growing cannabis with the absolute lowest amount of THC possible so they have a compliant product.

#12 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,984 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:20 PM

Submitted for consideration:

I am coming into this convo late in the game.   All I can say about the social aspect is that it made me take a few years longer to do what my body was begging me to do, and that was to stop having THC.   Damn it though, the hippie culture was the new home that was saving me from the straight world that had conditioned me to believe in its lies and miss its hypocrisies.  Passing the joint around the circle was communion, the holy sacrament.  I had a body that had started out loving the herb, but was apparently transitioning with age.

I have read that many pot users quit in their late twenties.  That's when I had to give it up.   I was hypoglycemic and THC was crashing my blood sugar every chance it got.  If the only fallout had been a bit of the munchies, that would have been one thing, but for this body, it was insulin shock.  There was little or no glucose making it to the brain. 

There would be a tension near my solar plexus which I now believe was my poor pancreas and its insulin making parts squeezing out every last drop they could.  Worst was the fear and paranoia of this state.  My brain was starved of its nutrient, as the blood sugar levels were being so depressed.  The paranoia was likely from living on a thin edge of consciousness.  Every word heard in a group could mean anything, but I didn't know what to make of it, so fear was chronic when the pot was "good shit."  Every word heard was taken personally, as something in the thinking would be considering that the words were about it, the idea of this person.

When we are young, we have brand new endocrine systems to regulate our blood sugar.  We eat the diet the culture supplies and push that system even to diabetes without much strain.   One can start out hypoglycemic and burn that pancreas out and can become diabetic.  Some can be hypoglycemic in the morning and diabetic in the evening.  

I stayed with LSD until it seemed like I was always retracing the same tiring steps, but stuck with mushrooms.  These two did not crash my blood sugar.  Pot came to making me paranoid and fearful when it had started out so wonderful.  I had no idea what was going on, physically, back then in my twenties.   I think I have some idea now.  The brain needs its nutrient to function.  If these nutrients fall short it will start triaging which sub-systems to power down.  In my case, it was reason and cognition, and as these went away, the personal identity was just left with seeing itself not knowing.  That's a big psychological hit, potentially very scary.

No two physical systems are completely alike and all of them are completely rebuilt on the cellular level in around seven years.  So, they are all always changing.  When we take together with that all the social and environmental changes, our habits changing, and try to make some set rules or interpretation about our experiencing, that could be just a wild assed guess.  Even if our guess seems to apply well to our story, it might not be someone else's best guess.  

So, I submit this to be considered, that basic metabolism is highly affected by THC in many cases, that it is known that it depresses blood sugar as one affect, and that blood sugar levels can create the affects being considered in this thread.

• ethnobotanist420, butterbean and notfade like this

#13 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:47 PM

I was reading about how we had mostly bred cbd out of cannabis. Since it was almost exclusively in the black market for so long. The breeding was done in the search for high thc content. This in turn is suspected of causing the higher levels of anxiety and paranoia. The selective breeding may have thrown off the complex balance of the two main components.

I read this too and the breeding of cannabis for ever-higher THC levels reminds me of how humanity has a tendency to take things too far when developing psychoactive substances. First we made delicious beer. That wasn't good enough, though, and so we concentrated alcohol much further into the more destructive liquors. First we had natural opium, but we just had to keep going right through heroin and now we have fentanyl and even carfentanyl. People were perfectly happy to munch the coca leaf but that wasn't good enough for humanity and we concentrated it into cocaine.
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.”

It's funny, we've been questing for the most concentrated forms of THC possible and come up with dabs and oils etc. Now one of the biggest problems hemp farmers have is growing cannabis with the absolute lowest amount of THC possible so they have a compliant product.

This is so true... we can never seem to just leave well enough alone. I understand the pharmacological questions about a substance and the idea of figuring out how to isolate and purify an active ingredient is exciting as hell from a chemistry standpoint but it seems our desire to know everything ends up biting us in the ass all the time.

The thing about the hemp farmers seems pretty poetic... we bred cannabis so far one way and new we need to breed it the complete opposite way... maybe if we had just let it do it’s thing a little more and not gotten so hung up on cannabinoid levels those poor farmers wouldn’t have that stupid (imo) law forcing them to keep thier plants below certain THC levels.

Submitted for consideration:

I am coming into this convo late in the game. All I can say about the social aspect is that it made me take a few years longer to do what my body was begging me to do, and that was to stop having THC. Damn it though, the hippie culture was the new home that was saving me from the straight world that had conditioned me to believe in its lies and miss its hypocrisies. Passing the joint around the circle was communion, the holy sacrament. I had a body that had started out loving the herb, but was apparently transitioning with age.

I have read that many pot users quit in their late twenties. That's when I had to give it up. I was hypoglycemic and THC was crashing my blood sugar every chance it got. If the only fallout had been a bit of the munchies, that would have been one thing, but for this body, it was insulin shock. There was little or no glucose making it to the brain.

There would be a tension near my solar plexus which I now believe was my poor pancreas and its insulin making parts squeezing out every last drop they could. Worst was the fear and paranoia of this state. My brain was starved of its nutrient, as the blood sugar levels were being so depressed. The paranoia was likely from living on a thin edge of consciousness. Every word heard in a group could mean anything, but I didn't know what to make of it, so fear was chronic when the pot was "good shit." Every word heard was taken personally, as something in the thinking would be considering that the words were about it, the idea of this person.

When we are young, we have brand new endocrine systems to regulate our blood sugar. We eat the diet the culture supplies and push that system even to diabetes without much strain. One can start out hypoglycemic and burn that pancreas out and can become diabetic. Some can be hypoglycemic in the morning and diabetic in the evening.

I stayed with LSD until it seemed like I was always retracing the same tiring steps, but stuck with mushrooms. These two did not crash my blood sugar. Pot came to making me paranoid and fearful when it had started out so wonderful. I had no idea what was going on, physically, back then in my twenties. I think I have some idea now. The brain needs its nutrient to function. If these nutrients fall short it will start triaging which sub-systems to power down. In my case, it was reason and cognition, and as these went away, the personal identity was just left with seeing itself not knowing. That's a big psychological hit, potentially very scary.

No two physical systems are completely alike and all of them are completely rebuilt on the cellular level in around seven years. So, they are all always changing. When we take together with that all the social and environmental changes, our habits changing, and try to make some set rules or interpretation about our experiencing, that could be just a wild assed guess. Even if our guess seems to apply well to our story, it might not be someone else's best guess.

So, I submit this to be considered, that basic metabolism is highly affected by THC in many cases, that it is known that it depresses blood sugar as one affect, and that blood sugar levels can create the affects being considered in this thread.

This is excellent information I’m certain I’ve overlooked when considering my apparent aversion to high levels of THC. Sometimes it’s truly a response of the body affecting the mind and not the other way around.

I think it’s time to go for a physical. I don’t think this is an issue that I have but it’s worth looking into if only to take my health more seriously and see how things are looking. Thank you, Alder!

I’ve seen it many times where someone “greening out” or getting sick from weed have been revived by some Hawaiian punch lol Actually, come to think of it, I think it was you who suggested I give Mrs. Ethno something sweet when she had a little too much Hash oil and got sick a few years back. It certainly helped her as well! We both thank you for that advise! Lol

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 30 November 2019 - 02:07 PM.

#14 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 14,984 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

A good test is, how bad are your munchies?   I can say that for this body, while having issues of that focus on the solar plexus region, and the paranoid thinking, I was likely at the same time to eat until the fridge was empty.  

On the firefly platform on sunny Goodge Street
A violent hash-smoker shook a chocolate machine
Involved in an eating scene.

--Donovan - Sunny Goodge Street

#15 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

A good test is, how bad are your munchies? I can say that for this body, while having issues of that focus on the solar plexus region, and the paranoid thinking, I was likely at the same time to eat until the fridge was empty.

On the firefly platform on sunny Goodge Street
A violent hash-smoker shook a chocolate machine
Involved in an eating scene.

--Donovan - Sunny Goodge Street

They can range from pretty non existent to me wanting to eat everything I see... lately I haven’t been getting bad munchies but I definitely have my moments...

#16 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:16 PM

Interesting, I have never heard of trying something sweet when someone green's out

#17 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 12,989 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:30 PM

If weed takes me somewhere I don't like I just smoke the hell on through it and it works itself out eventually, lol. :weedpoke:

One strain a friend of mine grew for years would almost always send me off on a mini panic attack for 10-15 minutes after ripping a few big bong hits. But daaaaamn was that shit incredible. Inbred as hell for max-THC as any ever was, and probably had zero CBD (but shitloads of terps; some tupperware it was kept in for a little while was run through a dishwasher and it STILL reeked of that skunky ambrosia of the gods).

I've had blood sugar-related bad highs, but that strain was a very consistent panic-inducer. And it's not been an issue since, so I assume the strains going around these days are much more balanced.

I also take extra care to stay hydrated (all the time). Doing so requires paying more conscious attention to how much water I drink than I'd assumed, once I realized I was sort of failing at it. Proper hydration makes everything work more smoothly (in both mind and body).

I've thought about giving it up a few times, but then I just smoked through those times, too . But those are usually only in the evenings since I only get high when my day is done or I otherwise have nothing much to do (like checking a movie, or driving somewhere far), which might be part of why I'm still a fan.

#18 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:59 AM

If weed takes me somewhere I don't like I just smoke the hell on through it and it works itself out eventually, lol. :weedpoke:

One strain a friend of mine grew for years would almost always send me off on a mini panic attack for 10-15 minutes after ripping a few big bong hits. But daaaaamn was that shit incredible. Inbred as hell for max-THC as any ever was, and probably had zero CBD (but shitloads of terps; some tupperware it was kept in for a little while was run through a dishwasher and it STILL reeked of that skunky ambrosia of the gods).

I've had blood sugar-related bad highs, but that strain was a very consistent panic-inducer. And it's not been an issue since, so I assume the strains going around these days are much more balanced.

I also take extra care to stay hydrated (all the time). Doing so requires paying more conscious attention to how much water I drink than I'd assumed, once I realized I was sort of failing at it. Proper hydration makes everything work more smoothly (in both mind and body).

I've thought about giving it up a few times, but then I just smoked through those times, too . But those are usually only in the evenings since I only get high when my day is done or I otherwise have nothing much to do (like checking a movie, or driving somewhere far), which might be part of why I'm still a fan.

I used to love those “mini panic attacks” after getting completely obliterated... I would say I was “caught up in the rush” when then that happened lol All that THC turning your brain upside down in an instant is pretty intense haha

#19 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 14,984 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:28 AM

I just have to relate my last pot experience.  It had to be at least five years ago, because I still had teevee.   I was at the neighbor's and she had made some brownies.  I knew I didn't handle pot, but wanted a taste.  So I ate one third of one and wandered on back home.  I turned on the toob and flopped in the easy chair.  Then a ton of bricks landed on me, and to pick up the remote from the arm of the chair and mute the commercials was way too much effort.  So, when the commercials came on,  I just closed my eyes and was grooving on the light of the screen that was making it through my eyelids.  I was aware that several commercial cycles had passed and I had never opened my eyes again.  I could not get out of that chair for an hour or two, and the psychedelic depths consciousness I was reaching were feeling limitless.   The only rational thought I could remember after it was over was that I only wanted to remember the experience.   That's about all I could remember.  

Back before psychoses were treated with electric shock, they were treated with insulin shock.  It can be pretty damned psychedelic and moving, but I guess it don't count if you can't remember it. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 01 December 2019 - 11:31 AM.

#20 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:36 AM

Speaking of staying hydrated, I found that munchies are often confused with being thirsty. Even with the dry mouth it can be easy to forget to keep up.

These days I have a bad habit of drinking coffee in the morning and then nothing else until late afternoon when the symptoms of dehydration start to kick in. Then end up pounding water all night to try to beat the dry mouth back. This leads to one two visits to the bathroom in the middle of the night. One upside to this is I think this helps me remember my dreams more frequently 

And Alder, those edibles are a whole another level. It's funny because people that don't use cannabis often think that edibles are easier to do. I have seen so many expert level smokers get taken down to the ground on edibles. Couch lock is a common occurrence on edibles. My buddy's father and uncle took some together and got so stoned they said they did not move or talk for around an hour. Just sat there and stared at each other wondering what the fuck. They swore off doing them ever again

Even myself, I had a super paranoid episode on edibles. Back when growing weed was illegal. One Saturday I took an obscene amount of edibles.  I thought the dea helicopter was checking my house out. Heart's pounding, run downstairs and basically ripped the power cords out of the sockets to shut it off as quick as possible. Get settled and then sort of reflect on the insanity of the police investigating my four plant basement operation

Edited by flashingrooster, 01 December 2019 - 11:45 AM.

• ethnobotanist420 and Alder Logs like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!