23 replies to this topic

#21 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:33 PM

I just have to relate my last pot experience. It had to be at least five years ago, because I still had teevee. I was at the neighbor's and she had made some brownies. I knew I didn't handle pot, but wanted a taste. So I ate one third of one and wandered on back home. I turned on the toob and flopped in the easy chair. Then a ton of bricks landed on me, and to pick up the remote from the arm of the chair and mute the commercials was way too much effort. So, when the commercials came on, I just closed my eyes and was grooving on the light of the screen that was making it through my eyelids. I was aware that several commercial cycles had passed and I had never opened my eyes again. I could not get out of that chair for an hour or two, and the psychedelic depths consciousness I was reaching were feeling limitless. The only rational thought I could remember after it was over was that I only wanted to remember the experience. That's about all I could remember.

Back before psychoses were treated with electric shock, they were treated with insulin shock. It can be pretty damned psychedelic and moving, but I guess it don't count if you can't remember it.

Edibles are way too intense for me unless it’s pretty much a micro dose... that state you are describing sounds all too familiar.

That’s an interesting connection you made between the ability of cannabis to lower blood sugar and the effects of insulin shock therapy... do you think that The blood sugar effects play a big role in the average user? Especially at high doses?

It is interesting to me that having a bad cannabis experience could potentially be sign you should get your blood sugar tested... it couldn’t hurt to have it tested and it’s like a reminder to keep an eye on your health.

Speaking of staying hydrated, I found that munchies are often confused with being thirsty. Even with the dry mouth it can be easy to forget to keep up.

These days I have a bad habit of drinking coffee in the morning and then nothing else until late afternoon when the symptoms of dehydration start to kick in. Then end up pounding water all night to try to beat the dry mouth back. This leads to one two visits to the bathroom in the middle of the night. One upside to this is I think this helps me remember my dreams more frequently

And Alder, those edibles are a whole another level. It's funny because people that don't use cannabis often think that edibles are easier to do. I have seen so many expert level smokers get taken down to the ground on edibles. Couch lock is a common occurrence on edibles. My buddy's father and uncle took some together and got so stoned they said they did not move or talk for around an hour. Just sat there and stared at each other wondering what the fuck. They swore off doing them ever again

Even myself, I had a super paranoid episode on edibles. Back when growing weed was illegal. One Saturday I took an obscene amount of edibles. I thought the dea helicopter was checking my house out. Heart's pounding, run downstairs and basically ripped the power cords out of the sockets to shut it off as quick as possible. Get settled and then sort of reflect on the insanity of the police investigating my four plant basement operation

That’s a really good point... that dry mouth is no joke and I know it’s very possible to mistake thirst for hunger. I stay hydrated as all hell for the last few years now... I started really taking my hydration levels seriously when I started eating better and trying to loose weight and it makes an enormous difference in how you feel... physically and mentally.

That’s a crazy story man... I had a similar experience, albeit with smoked cannabis, when I first started growing mushrooms. I got way too high and started seeing all theses “signs” that I should get rid of my tub... thankfully I came down a bit and didn’t toss all my hard work for no reason lol

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 01 December 2019 - 06:47 PM.

• flashingrooster likes this

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:01 PM

About hydration: muscle cramps can be the reward for dehydration.  If I dehydrate, I might have to pay with intense pain.  When I get a cramp now, I drink some water with a splash of apple cider vinegar in it.  The spasm is gone in about five minutes.  If you feel one coming on, drink the ACV now and head off the coming cramp.

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#23 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:26 PM

About hydration: muscle cramps can be the reward for dehydration. If I dehydrate, I might have to pay with intense pain. When I get a cramp now, I drink some water with a splash of apple cider vinegar in it. The spasm is gone in about five minutes. If you feel one coming on, drink the ACV now and head off the coming cramp.

Thanks for the tip, Alder :)

#24 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:46 PM

It's the only time I get headache's too, dehydrated

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!