Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone put powered mushrooms into capsules?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 ss2matt

ss2matt

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

I've been looking into how I can store my mushrooms after drying them. I came across these:

ybX6MKX.jpg

I have a blender so it would be convenient to powder them up and store in these capsules (This size says up to 950mg, but I would bet I could cram in an extra 50 to make it a gram per capsule).

Has anyone done this? Does it affect potency, etc?

Edited by ss2matt, 30 November 2019 - 11:39 AM.

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,653 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:46 PM

I did it once. Never again.

I didn't do it for long-term storage, just to take them with me where any other form would have been problematic. Powdering them may result in faster oxidation due to increased exposed surface area, and definitely keep store them in something light-proof (when storing longer than a couple of weeks or so).

It's the filling of the capsules (and having to take so many for a good dose) that made me decide it wasn't worth it. It's a major PITA.

If I need to take some with me these days I'll either bring them in honey or crush up a few doses (with my fingers, until they're unrecognizable as mushrooms; I don't powder them) and seal them up in tea bags or mix them in with bulk loose tea that is compatible flavor-wise with fungi.

Edited by TVCasualty, 30 November 2019 - 12:46 PM.

• crazy1 and SkinnyDIpper like this

#3 FesterAddams

FesterAddams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

I have to agree. Going the capsule route was a pita for me as well. Save your money for more grain and spores.

#4 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:32 PM

I've done it. Works great. Use a coffee grinder, smaller makes less of a dust mess. Use gloves and a mask. I've used flavored colored gel caps that are still fairly active after 10 years. Just keep them in a dark dry place. On set takes a little longer, zero taste and very easy to transport. Just kept mine in a vitamin bottle.

I'll take a pic when back home.

Also like making chocolates and keep in freezer.

I've found liquor while fast acting doesn't hold like pills or chocolate.

Edited by suckerfree, 30 November 2019 - 02:35 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#5 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:33 PM

I too wanted to try this, but then i read somewhere that putting them into a capsule like that could result in the capsule not being able to dissolve in time for the magic to take effect. Not 100% sure on this though.

#6 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:35 PM

I too wanted to try this, but then i read somewhere that putting them into a capsule like that could result in the capsule not being able to dissolve in time for the magic to take effect. Not 100% sure on this though.

Take on empty stomach for sure...

#7 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

Taking loads and loads of mushroom pills just doesn't score any badass points.

In college there was this hot punk girl I had a thing for, leather, vinyl, mohawk, car that belonged in a Mad Max movie, the whole package. I was never especially masculine so if we got together she would have definitely been the one holding the whip [and she did have one]. One day we got some mushrooms. I was just planning to slam mine in my mouth and chew when she and her other friend started grinding theirs and stuffing them into pill capsules. Now, she was extremely hot, and she had a whip, so I didn't laugh. It did take her down one respect point, though :wink:

This size says up to 950mg, but I would bet I could cram in an extra 50 to make it a gram per capsule

That is for a dense crystalline solid, not mushroom fluff. I use those pill casings for mescaline and I have to pack two pills to get 750mg of mescaline hydrochloride in. With mushrooms, expect to take at least 20 pills.

Most here seem to store their mushrooms sealed up well in the freezer. Remember to let warm up before opening the package or the remaining contents of the bag will get damp from condensation.

#8 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:38 PM

Taking loads and loads of mushroom pills just doesn't score any badass points.
In college there was this hot punk girl I had a thing for, leather, vinyl, mohawk, car that belonged in a Mad Max movie, the whole package. I was never especially masculine so if we got together she would have definitely been the one holding the whip [and she did have one]. One day we got some mushrooms. I was just planning to slam mine in my mouth and chew when she and her other friend started grinding theirs and stuffing them into pill capsules. Now, she was extremely hot, and she had a whip, so I didn't laugh. It did take her down one respect point, though :wink:

This size says up to 950mg, but I would bet I could cram in an extra 50 to make it a gram per capsule

That is for a dense crystalline solid, not mushroom fluff. I use those pill casings for mescaline and I have to pack two pills to get 750mg of mescaline hydrochloride in. With mushrooms, expect to take at least 20 pills.
Most here seem to store their mushrooms sealed up well in the freezer. Remember to let warm up before opening the package or the remaining contents of the bag will get damp from condensation.
20 pills? Mine are 1/2g each, I take 2 to 4....

#9 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:45 PM

You get 500mg of mushroom fluff in a 00 pill casing? That sounds more like 0's or larger.
Still, I would have to take 16 pills :laugh:

* Assuming we're talking about standard cubensis

Edited by ElrikEriksson, 30 November 2019 - 02:48 PM.

• coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:16 PM

I can get close to .5g in a 00 cap, but always just shy of it seems.   The things I like about capsules is they can be transported very discreetly, and a dose can be fairly accurately measured without having to carry a scale with you.   

It does make for a lot of pills if you want a large dose, but you dont have to swallow them all in the same mouthful :)

• coorsmikey and Cuboid like this

#11 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:14 PM

I’ve never done it myself.... I don’t know if I would for Cubensis either considering the dose.

But Panaeolus mushrooms on the other hand... maybe lol

That being said I really love the taste of mushrooms so I’d still probably stick to just munching on them haha

#12 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:31 PM

I’ve never done it myself.... I don’t know if I would for Cubensis either considering the dose.

But Panaeolus mushrooms on the other hand... maybe lol

That being said I really love the taste of mushrooms so I’d still probably stick to just munching on them haha

i like the taste of mushrooms aswell but cubes taste like complete garbage lol i almost puked the first time i ate them fresh.
  • Juthro likes this

#13 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:49 PM

I'm in the same boat as Dabluebonic, I do not enjoy the taste of raw cube's, and generally try to find another way to ingest them. 

Now for whatever reason I really enjoy the taste of them (cube's) when turned into a tea, especially with just a little lemon, and sugar added.  

#14 ss2matt

ss2matt

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:03 PM

Hm... guess it looked better in theory.

I'll stick to bags and freezing.

#15 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:37 PM

I don't trust anyone that enjoys the taste of cubes... lol

These are great for going to shows & concerts.

Not sure how yall do it, or if yall are talking about

tripping at home, but I'm not taking 8 grams in public.

Pop these right before a show, get a beer and find

your spot... ;)

Pills have a place for me bc they are so easy to

keep and travel with. Chocolate, liquor or kool

aid if at home. NEVER would I just toss in a handful

of shrooms into my mouth. bleh

These have also been great for migraines. Pop 1

capsule and wait.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191130_171921_clean.jpg

Edited by suckerfree, 30 November 2019 - 07:55 PM.

• TVCasualty likes this

#16 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:52 PM

I had a friend that mixed powdered mushrooms with MDMA and had them in capsules.... I've never done it myself.

To much of a pain in the ass and just begging for "the greater" charge if ever caught (assuming they're still illegal in that state)

#17 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:09 PM

You get 500mg of mushroom fluff in a 00 pill casing? That sounds more like 0's or larger.
Still, I would have to take 16 pills :laugh:

* Assuming we're talking about standard cubensis

I think you meant 000, instead of 0.    0 caps are smaller the '00 caps.  The local supplier I get mine from sells 3, 0, 00, and 000, going smallest to largest.  Though I only use 00, as that is what size my capsule machine is made for.

EDIT: Sorry, I wasn't trying to call out a mistake, but I thought I should point it out for information's sake.

peace.

Edited by Juthro, 30 November 2019 - 07:14 PM.

• coorsmikey and ElrikEriksson like this

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,653 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:43 PM

I don't trust anyone that enjoys the taste of cubes... lol

These are great for going to shows & concerts.

Not sure how yall do it, or if yall are talking about

tripping at home, but I'm not taking 8 grams in public.

Pop these right before a show, get a beer and find

your spot... ;)

Pills have a place for me bc they are so easy to

keep and travel with. Chocolate, liquor or kool

aid if at home. NEVER would I just toss in a handful

of shrooms into my mouth. bleh

These have also been great for migraines. Pop 1

capsule and wait.

Ah, okay. I can definitely see the appeal in those contexts.

The way I go to shows and concerts is straight (as in, totally). So it's just never come up that I've needed to slip a dose in to a setting that tight, and back when I would trip in public settings I'd take large doses back at whatever house/apartment the pre-party was at and then we'd all head out and show up on the edge of losin' it. I can even remember some of those times, lol. And I don't get migraines, fortunately.

#19 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:47 AM

To be fair, if I were microdosing I would load powder into caps as it would be the most convenient.

I think you meant 000, instead of 0.

Yup, I got it backwards, thanks for catching that :smile:

• Juthro likes this

#20 Amped313

Amped313

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:22 AM

I've been looking into how I can store my mushrooms after drying them. I came across these:

I have a blender so it would be convenient to powder them up and store in these capsules (This size says up to 950mg, but I would bet I could cram in an extra 50 to make it a gram per capsule).

Has anyone done this? Does it affect potency, etc?

I recently looked into this and you can buy a 000 or 00 size gel cap machine, 100 at a time. Until you get it down a lil messy, not turn you away messy but sponge messy. They're like $25 on amazon. Read reviews where ever you look though. Interior machines don't give you certain key pieces and YouTube have video reviews if I remember correctly it takes a newbie like 30 minutes to make 100. But yeah lotta pills for cubes.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!