Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone put powered mushrooms into capsules?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:08 PM

Back about 45 years ago the only source I had for magic mushrooms was liberty caps from farmers' fields.  I found 40 of our local sized specimens was a bit more than I could handle and that even thirty was a strong dose.   Fifteen didn't really do it for me.  I sometimes ground them in a Krupps coffee grinder and hand packed them into 00 caps.  I found fifteen would fill a cap if packed as tightly as I could get them.  So, the problem I had with capping them was being able to do a fine adjustment on doses.  It was the difference between sticking your toe in the water, or going over the waterfall.

I was told not long ago, by someone who was a kid back then, about something which I had completely lost down the memory hole.  It was a Christmas party where all the local hippie types and some of the cooler pillars of the community were present.   I had a bunch of those 00 caps to bring to the pot luck.  Our hostess put them in a bowl with some holly sprigs around it on the table with the beer, wine, pot, and munchies.   So, the ex-kid tells me how about five or six of the young teen boys helped themselves to the goodies, eating two each and going high on the Balls' Scale.  Fortunately, one of the neighboring parent couples were at the party, leaving their house free of adult supervision, so this magic gang could take refuge away from the gathering which was including all their parents.

Anyway, I have been assured from those boys, all grown up now, and mostly with kids of their own, there were no hard feelings and I am still revered for that contribution to their delinquency.   

• ElrikEriksson likes this

#22 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:14 PM

Total pill guy myself. Like posted above. Coffee grinder and a pill press you can make 400 in an hour or so

But once it's all done you wont look back. So convenient and easy for dosing. I hate the taste of them as well. Just like most medication I would recommend taking with a large glass of water to help ease it into the stomach. With food is best to ease the digestion, but i feel like it can effect the come up strength.

Somehow I am going to combine the lemon teck with the pills..... maybe break down and then let dry? then place into capsules

Has anyone noticed a difference with eating the finely ground mush vs whole. I wonder if it makes much difference with strength and or speed

#23 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Free Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:25 PM

Total pill guy myself. Like posted above. Coffee grinder and a pill press you can make 400 in an hour or so

But once it's all done you wont look back. So convenient and easy for dosing. I hate the taste of them as well. Just like most medication I would recommend taking with a large glass of water to help ease it into the stomach. With food is best to ease the digestion, but i feel like it can effect the come up strength.

Somehow I am going to combine the lemon teck with the pills..... maybe break down and then let dry? then place into capsules

Has anyone noticed a difference with eating the finely ground mush vs whole. I wonder if it makes much difference with strength and or speed

Ground up and capped definitely has a longer onset,takes longer to hit

Potency is lower than whole, but not by much when it’s all said and done

With whole dried, it can come on before you are done chewing them,if you are chewing them very slowly, allowing it to absorb through your gums/tongue/cheeks.. but I assume if you put dried powdered directly in your mouth without the capsule you would get the same benefit.

But if you could stomach the taste, it would kinda negate the need for the capsule to begin with.

It’s nice to have both and hand. Capsules and regular dried mushrooms.

Edited by Ronald Ray Gun, 01 December 2019 - 12:36 PM.

#24 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:31 PM

I have never swallowed a mushroom whole. I chew them up very well and swallow with small sips of water.

#25 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Free Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:39 PM

I have never swallowed a mushroom whole. I chew them up very well and swallow with small sips of water.

Legends tell of a cosmic duck that swears by swallowing them whole

#26 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:42 PM

haha, placing that powder directly in your mouth sounds like a bad internet challenge

I wondered when I made the pills if the fine powder in the air was going to get me high, results were inconclusive as i had taken a test mushroom earlier and ruined my control

Edited by flashingrooster, 01 December 2019 - 12:43 PM.

#27 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Free Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:55 PM

haha, placing that powder directly in your mouth sounds like a bad internet challenge

I wondered when I made the pills if the fine powder in the air was going to get me high, results were inconclusive as i had taken a test mushroom earlier and ruined my control

It’s funny how impossibly light they are once ground.

Now inhaling an active amount of the airborne dust. Now that sounds like a bad internet challenge!
  • FunG likes this

#28 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:19 PM

I tried to eat up spoonful of the goo on the bottom of a tea, but that was horrible, I think eating powder has a similar effect, instant goo when mixed with water.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 01 December 2019 - 01:19 PM.

#29 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:32 PM

It’s funny how impossibly light they are once ground.

Now inhaling an active amount of the airborne dust. Now that sounds like a bad internet challenge!

I once used a blender to grind up a oz of some pink buffalo p.cubensis, the particles and dust did become airborne and I barely got the mushroom party with the brownies before the walls started breathing just from inhaling whatever amount I had inhaled. In smaller sizes they hit you a lot quicker then I had anticipated.
  • Ronald Ray Gun and flashingrooster like this

#30 orangutan

orangutan

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 426 posts

Donator

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:54 PM

000 capsules are great for traveling.  Put them in a jar of herbal sleep aids or something to be totally camouflaged.

Grind in a coffee grinder.  One nice thing about capping them is that the dosage is totally homogenized, so you and your friends can all be on the same dosage if you want.

For microdosing, if you want to add less mushroom powder than the cap will hold, adjust the volume with powdered lactose.  It flows very freely and will never cake at all.

• flashingrooster likes this

#31 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,305 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:58 PM

If you go caps a capsule packer is a must.

Great for dosing on the go.

#32 ilikethings

ilikethings

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:53 AM

I've used capsules.  I think they are the 00's but will have to double check.  I was getting ~.5g in each.  it is very tedious to do it by hand--even with a little jig and packing pen/bit.  I priced out a good hand powered packing tool from china at about $165 that can load 100caps at a time.  ditto to the discrete nature of caps, the no taste (i don;t like the taste).  But they do take an extra 30 - 40+ min to onset.  From what I can tell, capsules seem to be the standard delivery method being used at the places popping up in Jamaica.  I suspect the new university psilocybin lab down there will be using caps until they get a chem synth up and running.

Edited by ilikethings, 05 December 2019 - 10:55 AM.

#33 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:37 PM

I made up some 00 capsules for my wife a couple weeks ago. Used a coffee grinder and scooped up the powder into the capsules by hand....not the best way to do it. I ended up with just over a tenth of a gram per capsule. Damn! Luckily I didn’t have to swallow them all, made tea for myself. I was feeling the trip come on in 15 minutes, my wife took well over an hour, she actually fell asleep waiting and woke up later with rainbows in our room lol

#34 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:45 PM

I once put a few of my 15 liberty caps 00 capsules into a bottle of saw palmetto capsules to hide them, and then forgot about it (I have short term memory issues).  I was taking two of the SP caps twice a day.   One evening I accidentally grabbed one of the slightly different colored caps before bed time.  I didn't get to sleep much that night. 

• ElrikEriksson likes this

#35 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:57 PM

I've used capsules.  I think they are the 00's but will have to double check.  I was getting ~.5g in each.  it is very tedious to do it by hand--even with a little jig and packing pen/bit.  I priced out a good hand powered packing tool from china at about $165 that can load 100caps at a time.  ditto to the discrete nature of caps, the no taste (i don;t like the taste).  But they do take an extra 30 - 40+ min to onset.  From what I can tell, capsules seem to be the standard delivery method being used at the places popping up in Jamaica.  I suspect the new university psilocybin lab down there will be using caps until they get a chem synth up and running.

Not sure what type of press you are talking about but if it's one of these it is insanely over priced. This one is 25 usd on amazon.

71zpLaWPSOL._SX522_.jpg

• Juthro likes this

#36 GreenBastard

GreenBastard

A Silly Cybernaut

• Free Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:27 AM

I tried this a couple of times but found it to be more work than it was worth, saw no effect on potency. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!