• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FesterAddams

FesterAddams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:23 PM

I have a tray of Koh Samui that is finally showing pins but... They seem to be extremely slow by comparison to my other cube strains. Like a millimeter per day! I have a heating pad under the FC with perlite for temp and humidity control and two air vents on a loose cover for FAE. I also fan them a few times each day. The Humidity is quite a bit higher than I would like so I may have to open things up a bit more. Temps are in the mid 70’s for this tropical strain.

Has anyone witnessed this kind of growth before?

#2 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:02 PM

If its kou thai samuia or something like that, I think it's the same one I grew but csnt remember much about the spawn run and the fruiting was done by set and forget.

It produced four of the largest mushrooms I've ever cultivated, all over 28g's, but that was rye/millet 50/50 spawned to aged horse manure (with fire fang) and wheat straw....

Sorry that I cant be of more assistance on the slow growing issue but I do recall I had the incubator set pretty high, like 80-86f fruiting was done at the same temp.
  • FesterAddams likes this

#3 orangutan

orangutan

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 426 posts

Donator

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:57 PM

are you doing cakes? bulk?

Any chance your sub is drying out?  Maybe too much bottom heat and air movement.  Just a though.

• FesterAddams likes this

#4 FesterAddams

FesterAddams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:29 AM

I think it may be too wet and in need of more fanning. It’s the damnedest thing, I get a couple of pins and they just sit there. They are not aborts based on the brown color of the caps.
The grow tray is isolated from the direct heat of the mat by the perlite. I do have more condensation on my cover then I would like. It may be a result of my cold room temps though.
  • Moonless likes this

#5 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,596 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:40 AM

Can you post a picture?

#6 FesterAddams

FesterAddams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:13 PM

Here is an overall photo and a close up of the week old pin.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2097E232-AD58-4870-8DA2-976DABD6BC84.jpeg
  • B373A799-EB89-4F8A-BA2D-63DD37D6BCC3.jpeg

#7 FesterAddams

FesterAddams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:27 PM

Ok, so I just probed the substrate and it looked bone dry. The top was fooling me because it is very moist from the high humidity. I just added water to rehydrate and will report any changes. Maybe that’s all it was after all.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!