• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shroomy9

Shroomy9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:39 AM

Hello guys ,newb grower here.Here is the deal ,how to actually make a spore syringe in a medium clean environment. I harvested some golden teachers,i waited for the right time(just after veil brake). I took em out i got some aluminum foil,cleaned it with alcohol,i cleaned the surface with alcohol i had gloves on,i cleaned the cup which i put over the head with alcohol. And i put a drop of water on the head. 

Is that clean enough for a  uncontaminated spore print ,and if it i what is the next step to make a spore syringe. I know there is allot of information but there are a lot of different opinions on the sterility part. Some say you have to do it in a lab some say you dont .

Would love it if you had the time to reply to me .

Sincerely Shroomy9

#2 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:39 AM

I wait longer, the potency declines after the veil breaks, the spores start getting the plants energy. Thats number one mixed info.
I also have just put the cap gills down into the jar to skip a possible second or third transfer of contams.
Then you can sterilize the syringe parts in boiling water for a half hour, suck up some of the boiling water,(or pressure seal some water when you cook your jars of substrate, and fill the jar with sterilized water.
Suck out syringes sfter stirring the spores into solution and youre all done but the fun.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#3 Shroomy9

Shroomy9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:48 AM

So when i have the spore print i just sterilize the syringe and needlge and scrape some of the spores in sterilized water ?

#4 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:49 AM

Fil the jar, make at least ten syringes from a print.

#5 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:51 AM

If you print on foil, squirt the print off, or rub it off in a baggie full of water. Then suck the print water back into syringes.

#6 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:54 AM

You never really know if a print is clean until you get some growth from them. Even people who take prints in the best way they can will give the advice to do some transfers on agar to make sure they are clean.

Some people will tell you you get good results in just making a syringe directly from a 'clean' sporeprint, but you will never really know what else might be in there, however sterile your method of your grow and taking that print was..

Edited by RutgerHauer, 01 December 2019 - 11:54 AM.

#7 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:00 PM

That is true, the cone of sterility has been lifted during the growth period, so the whole shroom surface has been exposed to all sorts of airbornes. Nothing you can do but roll the dice, and go to agar for your tests.

#8 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:45 PM

Why did you put a drop of water on the cap?

I pride myself on prints, I use to donate quite a bit to fsrc and a couple times to fsr.nl when they were both still active.

The key to a clean print is making sure that they're printed in a draft free environment and that good sterility is used, that means pressure cooking everything at 15psi for 45minutes, containers, tinfoil squares, scissors, tweezers.

If you can the best time to take a print is just before the veiĺ breaks, so that its still attached to the mushroom and then remove it yourself, that means the gills have never been exposed to the outside environment.

If you pressure cook everything then the tinfoil squares can be lined up in a container and then just hold the mushroom upside down with the cap against the center of your hand, snip it as close as possible to the stem with scissors and place it on the tinfoil square, leave the lid on the container loosely for f.a.e or the spores wont drop.

The best advice I can give when using a print to syringe is to always test it on a control jar prior to mass inoculations, if no contams then you can use a jar of diluted water and stretch a syringe out for a good 40cc's worth of innoculent.

Or test it on agar first, either way.
  • RutgerHauer and macgyver like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!