Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else noticed that their psychedelic journey progresses in "story arcs"?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:59 PM

You are right alder, that what you can put into words is just an abstraction of the complete and utter overwhelming experience this can be at that time, but the mind likes to put things into perspective. If you can stay in that moment you don't need to put it into words or thoughts really and just be. I have experienced that too mixed up in this experience. Those are the parts I cannot really remember because my mind was elsewhere.

In the case of this particular experience this just being wasn't possible for me at most stages, which had some consequences. It can ramp up into things and thought realms where the mind is much more pronounced and can even take over. Not ego loss but the exact opposite I think. Maybe you could call it the super ego, a layer on top of your conscious mind.

I can try and explain better how I see it: it is the mind that I can normally not perceive or be aware of. It is everything I normally do not associate 'myself' with and thus everything that is not me (but actually it is me). This mind works for me, the part of the mind/ego that I am conscious of. It decides and plans things for 'me' (the part I am aware of), normally.

The loss of control here was the 'superego' taking over my normal being and most of the time I wasn't observing what 'it' did at all anymore, at least not in the normal sense - whatever that might be. Felt like switching places for a while, my normal ego buried deeply into the depths of experience and that super ego coming to the front of the stage.

It is so hard to put into words. Probably because it just didn't make real sense, but somehow it did. I feel like I experienced having a mind that has another mind layered on top, both of which I experienced at different times and in different forms, switching back and forth. The conscious and subconscious mind, which I (as the observer) just experience.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 08 December 2019 - 02:18 PM.

• flashingrooster and Nibano like this

#22 Nibano

Nibano

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

There are certain archetypical structures you might experience, but the interpretation and what you project on that pattern depends on your mind state at the moment and might just be a bit random. You might come out believing certain truths that won't be helpful or really insightful if you take them seriously. I think many people have trouble with that. Took me a while to understand for myself what I think is happening in some deep experiences vs. what I believed at the time when taking those experiences literally. They are very often metaphors and abstractions only that I can take away and might be able to do something with, in my opinion.

That is something you automatically do to make sense of it and give it a place in your mind.

Yeah, I think what you wrote is true. Though I'm curious about how much of it I actually see as metaphors during my trips, and how much of it my mind make into metaphors afterwards. When I'm tripping, do I try to make sense of it to give it a place in my mind, or is that something that happens after the trip is over so my mind can grasp it?

I've been thinking about this every now and then. How much of the things we remember from our trips are what we actually experienced, and how much of it is something our minds have changed into metaphors afterwards, to desperately try to be able to understand the memory of the trip?

Tripping frequently kicks us solidly into the awareness of presence, and mind just can't really cope.  Not as its image that it is the being.  This idea having an idea is the dream that is awakened from in what's termed, "awakening."

I really liked this part.

Edited by Nibano, 08 December 2019 - 02:28 PM.

• Alder Logs, RutgerHauer and flashingrooster like this

#23 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:40 PM

I think both things are happening. At that moment, and afterwards. First subconsciously and afterwards consciously reflecting upon it.

And I like that part that alder said too. It is relevant in my experiences where my ego just took over because it did not want to let go, it was afraid it would die so ramped up to the max, that's the god complex I experienced.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 08 December 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 03:17 PM

In being awake to being, the mind doesn't cease to be.  I often use the term, "identified mind."  Perhaps "identifying mind" would work better.  But for now, I see this identified mind as the ego.   Mind without that name tag on it would be what I have to call, "practical mind," or something to that effect.  When you see you are not the story, your brains don't just fall out.  No, not having to maintain identity as job one, the practical mind is freed up to do what serves being.   Being free from me, that guy with the story, is really freedom.  Yes, there is a body to take care of, and things that come into the continuum of being involving a whole world of variety, but not maintaining the fiction of the person takes so much weight off that mind.   If anyone can get this, they could just become happy for no reason.  

For me, I lost my desire to trip.  But all my history of tripping did not lose any relevance in that change.  In fact, it made a lot of sense.  The teachings of those experiences, which I somehow knew were a window into what I deeply wanted at the time, are why I so revere the psychedelic experience now.  A few mystical interludes while sober stand out now too.  But while I recognize that personal history, there is not that person still here.  Just his ghost, maybe.  I love that fictitious character now, all the bumbling he did for about 67 years to get past himself.  The thing about him is, he's off my back.  His credibility as a real thing is gone, leaving only to be. 

I rarely forget my heart now.  The life between the ears sort of dropped down a chakra or two.   Did someone put some ecstasy in my morning coffee? 

Edited by Alder Logs, 08 December 2019 - 03:19 PM.

• Oneyedraven, ElPirana and Nibano like this

#25 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,014 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:01 PM

I wasn't really aware or in any position to understand what was really going on or what 'the message' was at that time, if there was any at all. I just took things literally and that's why I acted on every thought that came to mind. I think I wasn't ready for this experience because I didn't fully understand how to look at these things. Also, the drug of choice (research chemical) and the dose might have been detrimental to my ability to stay in control. In some sense I wasn't really there at all and it felt like my brain and body went into autopilot, while I was off somewhere in the cosmos.

Damn, that trip story was pretty intense. Nothing even remotely like it has ever happened to me on any of my trips.

I don't think that tripping on RCs is in the same category of experience as something like mushrooms. The way I look at it (which could be wrong), fungi and other entheogens actually stop us from hallucinating for a few minutes or hours, an experience we usually call "Ego death" (since the Ego/our identity is something we hallucinate all the rest of the time). Things like RCs are totally different classes of compounds and so work on the brain in entirely different ways (usually; there are so damned many of them now that there's almost no general statement that would apply to all, but most of them are probably no good at all).

Or to put it in spiritual terms, RCs sure seem to be from the Dark Side.

Glad you made it through that alive and without permanent injury or jail time. It sounded like a close call, and hopefully serves as a cautionary tale for others.

• Alder Logs and Nibano like this

#26 Nibano

Nibano

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:52 AM

I wasn't really aware or in any position to understand what was really going on or what 'the message' was at that time, if there was any at all. I just took things literally and that's why I acted on every thought that came to mind. I think I wasn't ready for this experience because I didn't fully understand how to look at these things. Also, the drug of choice (research chemical) and the dose might have been detrimental to my ability to stay in control. In some sense I wasn't really there at all and it felt like my brain and body went into autopilot, while I was off somewhere in the cosmos.

Damn, that trip story was pretty intense. Nothing even remotely like it has ever happened to me on any of my trips.   

....Or to put it in spiritual terms, RCs sure seem to be from the Dark Side.

"RCs seem to be from the dark side..". Spot on, I'd say. When I was a teenager and didn't give a shit if I lived or died I used RCs for a while. 4-HO-MET, 2C-E, 2C-P, DPT, MXE, and probably more I don't remember...

While that story is more intense that anything I have experienced, I can imagine that RCs can do that to a person. They aren't fair to us, and I don't think they "care" about us in the same way mushrooms (and most likely other enthogens) do. While it seems to me that mushrooms want to help us improve, I got the feeling that RCs instead like to play around with our minds, just for their own amusement.

RCs have never made me feel good in the same way mushrooms have. Sure, some of the RCs were fun. They made music sound more interesting, made me see cool colors, and sometimes a nice tingling feeling. The usual "trippy" stuff. But none of the RCs helped me to improved my life. At all.

It actually wasn't until I started tripping on mushrooms I began to improve myself, caring about living, and eventually, even loving life. RCs never gave me any lasting positive feeling, quite the opposite actually.

Edited by Nibano, 09 December 2019 - 04:56 AM.

• TVCasualty likes this

#27 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:53 PM

Shit my giff did not work. Failed joke

But if you search rcs and check out the third definition in the urban dictionary

Must be what you guys are talking about

Edited by flashingrooster, 09 December 2019 - 12:54 PM.

• Nibano likes this

#28 Nibano

Nibano

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:31 PM

"Possible causes include having the name Shannon and possible lack of sex for a very long time."

What the actual fuck? Urban dictionary is the shit.

• flashingrooster likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!