• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 cybele

cybele

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:54 PM

I did get some aborts on the cake. However I cannot tell if it’s from misting, or lack of fae. Either way my grow tent should be here this week! With that I’ll be running a ducted air system, and fogger.
  • RutgerHauer likes this

#22 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:16 PM

Aborts happen to all of us. Sometimes there just isn't a reason, fact.

And usually only over misting to the point of soaking causes them to abort.

Peace

• coorsmikey and cybele like this

#23 cybele

cybele

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:43 PM

Aborts happen to all of us. Sometimes there just isn't a reason, fact.

And usually only over misting to the point of soaking causes them to abort.

Peace

Thanks Crazy, it is just a significant amount more than the last flush.I hardly misted them, every other day. Not even daily, as I felt the humidity was pretty decent in the container. Which makes me wonder if I need more holes in my tubs. First time using the dubtubs so I am sure I will get them dialed in.

#24 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:37 PM

It takes a bit to get stuff dialed in my friend. It's your set up in your environment, so it need to fit.

Maybe you under misted, who knows. But this is a hobby that teaches us something each and every grow.

Good vibes 

Peace

• cybele likes this

#25 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 390 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:28 PM

I find that a line of small holes around sub level every 1.5 to 2 inches or so works well. I think I have 5 on the length and 3 on the width, during colonization I tape them, then during fruiting they are covered with MP tape. Then a normal hole set up for the top tub. This worked way better for me than this current attempt, which had no holes on the bottom tubs. I think this design provides more even air exchange, I did have to mist once or twice a day, but I didn't mind, it was a nice balance.

• cybele likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!