• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 575 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:20 PM

For the first chunk of my psychadelic use I only ever used it to have fun, soon enough I was looking for answers.
But I got tired of that.
I've been trying to take them for spiritual reasons but due to the people I trip with it doesnt always happen.
No more epiphanies, nothing.
I've been recently depressed over the death of someone close and I've been wondering if a dose with an intention could help.
Anybody have experience with using psychadelics for intentions?
Please share. I'd like to know how you prepared this!
  • Moonless likes this

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,014 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:48 PM

IMO the only Intent that we really need to have when taking a psychedelic is the intent to listen to what the experience has to tell us.

Most people who have tripped a lot would probably agree that regardless of what we do to prepare, tripping deep tends to give us what we need rather than what we think we want. This is a subtle point, since it sounds like no particular intention at all. But setting out glow sticks and lining up a "trippy" playlist to listen to are examples of an intent to amuse oneself rather than to open oneself up to whatever comes.

Also, it may be the case that the world of spirit doesn't have anything to say to you at the moment. Or maybe you're just not taking strong enough doses. Tripping alone might help as well since others can be very anchoring/distracting.

And when it comes to spiritual practices, the general rule is The greater the need, the greater the result. Desires and expectations are not manifestations of great need.

How bad do you want to Know?

Are you willing to die for an answer?

• Alder Logs, TabbyBoy, Moonless and 2 others like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:47 PM

As they say, "the battle plan lasts until the first shot is fired."

• TabbyBoy likes this

#4 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,020 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:21 AM

This might sound odd. Sometimes, when I feel quite untethered from mind and body, I look at people and there's a sense that their sight is my sight. With that, I might then consider someone's death and it feels like nothing's been lost. There's confusion there, but I think the confusion looks away from body and mind, gradually, it's okay to let go. Of them, of yourself. I am. I've known enough love now that it's a natural undercurrent to my occasionally (and mostly) apparently selfish existence. 

Used to have trouble with the question of meaning. Now, I suspect that what I am is beyond it. Does the concept of meaning rule existence? 

#5 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,020 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:24 AM

But, on topic, I don't know. I think I tripped with intentions quite a lot. I rarely got what I was looking for.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!