• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mindy

mindy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:59 PM

Let me start at the beginning. My girlfriend gave me a jar of honey to begin using for microdosing. she was given a jar of the thick honey and put a couple globs in a jar for me, we added fresh honey to it. Maybe 1/4 of the set up to 3/4 fresh honey. sealed it up, 3 weeks later mine is the thick waxy set up. i'm directed to do a tablespoon or so every third day. i was told i can now take a glob from my jar and add some fresh honey and start the process again to always keep some on hand, as to not run out. 

My friend has a few different jars, penis envy is the label on mine.

I have numerous questions. one is can i take a syringe i have of cubensis spores and put some into honey and seal it for a few weeks and get the same results? 

i am completely uneducated here,obviously, so all the advice please.

• jizzmasterzero likes this

#2 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:45 AM

As a general rule, mushroom cultures have to grow into complete ordinary looking mushrooms [or funny blobs called sclerotia in some cases] before they have the actives that make microdosing work. Some exceptions seem to exist, but as a simple answer- no, honey is a preservative that mushroom spores wont grow in and by adding water so they can grow you get to liquid cultures which are harder than growing actual mushrooms. If you want to grow your own, the best place to start is called the 'PF Tek'. As long as you get some clean spores and can manage good cleanliness in your work its quite easy. The initial cost isn't too bad, either, its like equal to four or five regular doses of shrooms. Nice score with the penis envy honey :smile:
  • mindy likes this

#3 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,090 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:50 AM

Let me start at the beginning. My girlfriend gave me a jar of honey to begin using for microdosing. she was given a jar of the thick honey and put a couple globs in a jar for me, we added fresh honey to it. Maybe 1/4 of the set up to 3/4 fresh honey. sealed it up, 3 weeks later mine is the thick waxy set up. i'm directed to do a tablespoon or so every third day. i was told i can now take a glob from my jar and add some fresh honey and start the process again to always keep some on hand, as to not run out. 

My friend has a few different jars, penis envy is the label on mine.

I have numerous questions. one is can i take a syringe i have of cubensis spores and put some into honey and seal it for a few weeks and get the same results? 

i am completely uneducated here,obviously, so all the advice please.

That story does not start at the beginning.

The beginning would detail how that first jar of honey came about, and everything that was involved.

It sounds to me like someone got the concepts of PF Tek-style mushroom growing, making liquid cultures, and making kombucha confused. Other than that I have no idea what you're describing or where such advice could have come from.

I'd hold off on consuming anything coming from such a jar until it can be determined what it is that were really talking about here. Photos would probably be helpful, or at least more details about how it was initially created.

• Cuboid and mindy like this

#4 mindy

mindy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:38 PM

The blue jar is 2 weeks old, i did see white globs and streams throughout while it has been thickening.

The small clear jar I added one tablespoon of the thickened honey to fresh honey a few days ago.

This is what I mean by all the questions I have. My friend gave me the jar after putting 3 large tablespoons of her thickened (wax like) honey to fresh honey. She said her friend's boyfriend makes it and a person can just keep taking from one to start another.

IMG_4308.jpg IMG_4298.jpg IMG_4310.jpg

Edited by mindy, 08 December 2019 - 02:44 PM.

• tcg likes this

#5 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,090 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:54 PM

I don't know what you're growing, but it's not psychedelic mushrooms (or mycelium).

I would not consume that stuff since there's no telling what it is.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!