• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:40 PM

I have seeds of a strain I grow mostly for hash, it's adapted to this environment; high heat, low humidity, plenty of water and grown in my own mixture of rabbit Duff and compost, with an occasional boost of Neptune's Harvest. However, it is somewhat like potency (which is why I use it for hash). It's primarily Northern Lights, with a previous outcrossing w/Super Silver Haze and White Widow. When I say it's adapted, it grows, but not near as much produced as I'd like. I also have some Blood seeds, which, if they turn out to be the actual phenotype (not all Blood seeds do so), I will make sure to breed the best plants for more seed.

I am considering also crossing the male Blood onto this Northern Lights mixed strain, in an effort to breed it up into a strain more potent and better suited to this climate.

I am also considering getting some of Mandala's Satori strain, if I can find any...maybe cross it onto the NL? Or to the Blood? Or a three-way cross over the next few seasons? I realize that the Blood, being a sub-strain, itself, isn't completely stabilised, itself. I am unsure if Satori will breed true or not. But Mandala, by their laws there, aren't actually allowed to discuss breeding, so I can't ask them about the strain, directly.

Your thoughts? Especially those with breeding experience.

#2 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:56 PM

Satori might be hard to breed.. but doesn't matter it in itself is excellent... you won't need to breed shit lol.

#3 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, it's not that I want to even try to improve Satori (I leave that kind of thing to experts). It's just that I want to improve this NL cross I have, and am not sure whether to use the Blood I already have, or Satori (since the Satori isn't feminized, and also IF it's stable enough to use as a pollen donor).

#4 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2019 - 07:56 PM

I thought Satori was a landrace still might be.. its origins is speculative... it's been bred... but your hash making plant doesn't sound it has much to bring to the table... but low potency and yield may have just been the way it was grown I know lol ,a lot of variables there do what thy wilt.

Edited by Hash_Man, 09 December 2019 - 07:57 PM.

#5 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:23 AM

Satori is a hybrid...

• Hash_Man and PirateFarmer like this

#6 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, I'd like to verify if it's a hybrid or landrace...seems it says either, but hope I can get them to contact me about that, at least. Anyone know if Mandala is still operating their store themselves? It's shown closed for quite a while...

#7 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:06 PM

they usually reopen in January

#8 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

Yeah, I just got an automated response saying so. Thanks. What do you think would be better for improving the NL? People here like the flavor, and it's well adapted to this climate, so would like to up the potency...

#9 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:45 AM

I am pretty sure that its a nearly 50-50 hybrid. I have never heard it referred to as a landrace and have heard hybrid

#10 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:32 PM

They mention that some of their genetics are from landraces, I just don't know if it's hybrid or if developed out to a new breeds. Guess I'll know in a few weeks. I will post the info I get, here, if there's interest.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!