47 replies to this topic

#41 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 485 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM

Pretty sure it is 50/50 verm/COIR and since you are not using peat, no need to buffer.

https://mycotopia.ne...at-vermiculite/

Good luck!
  • flashingrooster likes this

#42 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,536 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2020 - 11:33 AM

That coir has been sitting in my basement for almost a year. I ran out bought some right away thinking my first attempt at running spawn would work and I would soon be growing in bulk.....   Feels good to finally be able to use it

• Arathu likes this

#43 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,536 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:19 AM

Spawned the healthy looking cakes to shoe box tubs of coir/verm a couple of weeks ago and they got me a decent first and second flush.

post-160704-0-75663300-1594656040.jpg

post-160704-0-86990300-1594656401.jpg

post-160704-0-77345000-1594656673.jpg

post-160704-0-88358500-1594656911.jpg

20200702_211700.jpg 20200713_093956.jpg

20200629_104310.jpg 20200629_104317.jpg

• Arathu, ElPirana, Moonless and 1 other like this

#44 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,536 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:10 PM

Looking to be around 85 grams of the dried stuff. Happy with this brf bulk spawn teck. Now I have enough GT and EQ to last me well into next year

• Arathu, FunG and YoshiTrainer like this

#45 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,072 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:15 PM

Nice job man......there you have it.

The process changes very little from that....

Pick a method to generate spawn (several to choose from some more suitable than others) and then make a suitable fruiting substrate(s) (again here there are many to choose from but sun dried HPOO is a good one to experiment with IME :cool: ) to spawn into......

Allow the fungus to incubate and grow to maturity under proper and relatively steady conditions......

Give it the proper fruiting initiation parameters, good genetics, and growth conditions and it's on.....(absolutely a key to the desired results, everything before this sets it up too) ......hint:keep in mind that cubes are easy in this dept.

The cleaner we are the better our success rates.....(the less we grow non-target species like green and other molds)

The stash is always a comfort...... :thumbs_up:

A

#46 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,536 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:22 PM

Thanks Arathu.

I think its time to start playing around with agar, got some prints that I should try to capitalize on. It feels like the next logical step to try out

So far I have been using coir, I would like to try the doodoo addition just for fun. There is no shortage in this farming community. Can a guy just go pickup some old dried turds from the field and pasteurize them using the bucket teck?

• Arathu likes this

#47 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 861 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:25 PM

Field aged horse manure is ready to go right out of the pasture, yes. Look for the nuggets that have turned a whiteish grey, that's a type of natural occurring fungi during the decomposition cycle that is used as a food source for mycelium since it prevents other organisms from taking foothold in the nugget and like I said, myc can break it down into a food source.

The largest p.cubensis I ever grew were kou thai samuia rye/millet spawned to aged hpoo and shredded wheat straw. 4mushrooms came weighing in at all over 30g dry..

But that's enough of my field aged hpoo story, just give it a try rooster...aged horse manure to p.cubensis is what cheese is to pizza.
  • Arathu and flashingrooster like this

#48 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,072 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:06 PM

Absolutely, I used to just line a large backpack with two layers of garbage bag and walk the equine trails with a little scoop, carry a full load of top grade HPOO (rich people ride their horses on that particular trail, Amish too)........Get them turds back to the homestead and dry them crispy and crumbled in the sun, then pasteurize for about 3 to 4 hours at 170F in an old pillow case, pull it out and let it cool a bit then wring it out real good, fluff back up and hang to drip dry overnight, check moisture content and spawn to your favorite sub mix. I ran straight HPOO many times..... 

They LOVE it......

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!