• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:17 PM

I think that mine might be the afterglow or after effects of a trip. The few hours after or even as far as the next day.  This feeling seems to increase in parallel to the size of the dose. I get delusions of grandeur. Everything seems exciting, and at the same time there are so many things i want to do all at once. 

How about yourself?

Edited by flashingrooster, 09 December 2019 - 02:18 PM.

• onediadem, Alder Logs, RainbowCatepillar and 2 others like this

#2 Nibano

Nibano

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:42 PM

Right when the peak is starting to end is my favorite. As soon as I feel that the intensity slowly begins to decrease, but the trippy feeling is still very much there and I'm still "into" the experience. I get some kind of feeling of complete satisfaction at that part.

My least favorite part is the comeup. I have very extreme comeup-anxiety, for me that is just a part I have to endure until it's over. But it's always worth it, because the rest of the tripping is usually awesome.

• Alder Logs, flashingrooster and RainbowCatepillar like this

#3 Kensho

Kensho

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 03:24 PM

i can relate to both of what you are saying.

i find after the peak and come down to be most rewarding personally.. 

the come up can be a bit rocket-y

• Alder Logs and flashingrooster like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2019 - 03:55 PM

Is it the new increased familiarity with a state of presence that we love?   Sort of a knowing of the real us, having had a bit of a break from the believed in person? 

That believed in person always wants to own the presence, but its domain is its story of who and what it is, in terms of memory and projection.  It works hard to take back the reins, and then wonders why that being real sensation faded.   Ha ha.  Tough luck, made up idea of a person.  We will trip again and again, until he's gone for good. 

When I think back, I fucking loved the peak.   I fucking loved the afterglow.   I love all those trips now, because they showed me what I could never say, because there can be no words.  All I can say now is, "thank you."

Edited by Alder Logs, 09 December 2019 - 03:58 PM.

• onediadem, coorsmikey, Guy1298 and 5 others like this

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,229 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:54 PM

I love every part of the trip. The the sweet anticipation for weeks in knowing you are going to fly again when you dose, tingly excitement when you finally dose and first start feeling it, the extreme rush of full come on and being connected to everyone and everything, the hummm of your body remembering things that are not present in everyday life no matter how hard we try to hold onto them, the euphoria in the come down, and the well being that stays for weeks afterwards. Oh yes.. I love it all.

• Alder Logs, Auxin, Guy1298 and 5 others like this

#6 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 546 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:35 AM

My favorite part has definetly got to be the come up. Each and every come up to an opening experience has been paralleled with a feeling of familiarity. Often times when I have not tripped for a period of months I find the come up to include familiar guiding spirits telling me "see this isn't so bad" and I cry as I realized how I have been affected by societal fear of the mushroom.

• Alder Logs, RutgerHauer and flashingrooster like this

#7 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:21 AM

The come up has always been a bit uncomfortable, that declines as I do it more often, and I seem to being able to get out of that state quicker. When that tension goes away, my body relaxes, my posture improves and I am feeling like I am truly myself, without worry and without the need to think about stuff. This is a feeling that stays in the afterglow, after the peak has past. This feeling is kind of 'dry' or being detached, which reflects in my humor and sober look on things. Nothing more, nothing less. I like this feeling.

This feeling I only get in the afterglow/come down of acid trips, for me with acid up until that point there is much more tension and discomfort along the way. This might also have to do with that I started out tripping with Lucy, and my more recent experiences have been with Psilly. Psilly seems more friendly to me, and is easier to surrender to.

The more and more I trip, the less there is I can share with a friend who might be dosing with me. Has anyone the same experience? I have long felt that that was a reason to not trip with others anymore, because they find it necessary to keep talking throughout the trip and want to share things. I don't have that need in that moment, and in general. I feel it is okay to not speak for a long time and just experience. I have seen in some of my friends that they feel the opposite way and become very talkative, looking for distraction, for example, asking questions - and I find myself not bothered with them.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 10 December 2019 - 06:28 AM.

• coorsmikey, Alder Logs, Oneyedraven and 3 others like this

#8 Nibano

Nibano

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:55 AM

The more and more I trip, the less there is I can share with a friend who might be dosing with me. Has anyone the same experience? I have long felt that that was a reason to not trip with others anymore, because they find it necessary to keep talking throughout the trip and want to share things.

Well... sometimes. I like tripping with other people who have done it at least 20-30 times or so. With those people it can usually end up with us both sitting on the couch for hours, saying nothing. Sometimes listening to music, sometimes in silence. Then afterwards we always agree that we had a great time and that it was fun spending time together and sharing that moment.

I do NOT like to trip with people who have never done it before, or only a few times. They are often loud, intense, and talkative. They say things like "Dude, this is so FUCKED UP! GET IT? GET IT? DO YOU FEEL IT TOO!?".

And I just sit there in silence, thinking "...Yes, obviously I feel it too, but I think you're missing the point. Shut up so I can enjoy my trip."

I usually trip alone, since I only know one person I enjoy tripping with and he is very busy nowdays.

• onediadem, Alder Logs, RutgerHauer and 1 other like this

#9 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:42 PM

The come up on mushrooms is thankfully easy on me these days. After blasting my brains with loads of mescaline and DMT I just haven't been able to be shocked by mushrooms again, even at 9 grams [though, I do trip my brains out at 9 grams :laugh: ].

On any psychedelic my broad 'favorite' part starts when I am certain that I took enough and continues well past the end of the peak. That immediate post-peak decline is just as good as the peak for me unless something profound happened in the peak.

On mescaline, specifically, my second favorite part comes long after the peak. In me mescaline cranks up all sense perceptions to 'maximum volume' but on respectable doses this effect persists beyond the psychoactive effects. I do night tripping and I love to time it so this hyper-perceptive afterglow happens before sunrise. The tripping is done, the stimulation has subsided and I am again finally calm but all sense perceptions are cranked up to 1000% and I can just sit outside feeling the air on my skin and hearing the wind in the trees with an unworldly profundity. To really explore this I recommend at least 750 mg mescaline hydrochloride.

Its a shame I don't get that effect from mushrooms.

Maybe I just haven't taken a high enough dose :laugh:

• flashingrooster likes this

#10 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 407 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:05 PM

I usually like the peak, sometimes the comedown. I rarely get the “afterglow”. The come-up gives my body anxiety lol. I also prefer solo trips. Even back when I was only smoking weed, I had bad experiences with other people, I could really only enjoy my time smoking with my wife. It’s pretty much the same now with tripping, only with my wife or solo. I had one experience where my wife and her friend tripped together at our place, it was a disaster and made me really hesitant to ever offer to have other people over to trip with us.
  • RutgerHauer and flashingrooster like this

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 14,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:36 PM

Elric, you took me back to my first ever psychedelic experience, 51 years ago.  Mescaline, it was, and the afterglow period was to go to my friend's house to go bass fishing at dawn, and running out of gas two miles short of his house and having to walk the rest of the way.  It was going to be a sunny calm morning, perfect for bass fishing on a dead calm small lily pad lake.   But, that walk to his house included a three times repeated, vivid, vision of a face-to-face encounter with a very large black bear, and then, the actual encounter.   Some mutherfuckin magic there, I can tell you, for a first afterglow experience.  The fishing was great too.  Perfect night and next day.

• onediadem, ElrikEriksson and flashingrooster like this

#12 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,021 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:01 PM

Though I dread it, my favorite part is when I run, but realize I can't. I can't do anything about it. Death is coming! Fear that makes me pray and love. And I like to see my mind gone really mad, I look and know that I've really lost it this time. Man, look at me, my mind has turned, the world has turned with it. I'm gone.

#13 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,229 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:00 PM

Mescaline.. The Cadillac of trips.

• ElrikEriksson likes this

#14 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:36 AM

You know i have been experiencing an impulse to shake or move when on this batch of shrooms. I gotta say that dancing is the best outlet for such a feeling. Better than rocking or swimming or whatever repetetive motion seems to be triggered by the mush. 

Sound familiar to anyone?

#15 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 546 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:04 AM

The come up has always been a bit uncomfortable, that declines as I do it more often, and I seem to being able to get out of that state quicker. When that tension goes away, my body relaxes, my posture improves and I am feeling like I am truly myself, without worry and without the need to think about stuff. This is a feeling that stays in the afterglow, after the peak has past. This feeling is kind of 'dry' or being detached, which reflects in my humor and sober look on things. Nothing more, nothing less. I like this feeling.

Oh yeah! it fascinates me so so much the phenomenon of becomming more and more aware of the suffering that comes from being a body, and as I complain to the candle, my back hurts so so bad, my shoulder is all fucked up and in pain, and then I break through, continue to breeth and the pain subsides and my posture becomes perfect no more pain I feel healed.

• Alder Logs likes this

#16 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:11 PM

Out of likes again but I like it Moonless. Mental tension is often reflected in the physical body, and vice versa.

You can get aware of the fact that the posture you assume influences your mindstate. If you assume the posture of being sad, you will feel sad, if you assume the posture of being confident, you feel confident. Often this works in subconscious ways, we influence our mindstates by learnt behaviours.

It's a theory I came by through Russian occultist Gurdjieff. The guy was onto some things when it comes to the body-mind connection but spoke in a way I often really can't wrap my head around.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 11 December 2019 - 12:53 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 14,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:42 PM

Isn't there some studies that show that faking a laugh or smile creates similar bodily reactions as the honest versions? 

You know, I like the feeling of being in love.  I got it just writing that previous sentence.

#18 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:53 PM

Yes I remember something like that Alder, and it works.

Method actors use this as well.

Often we think we are crying because we are sad, or smiling because we are happy, but you can say it is reversed in some sense.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 11 December 2019 - 12:55 PM.

#19 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 14,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:15 PM

Once the body/mind identification is not the base belief of what being is, then all the states of being of the body/mind are watched from a witnessing perspective in an unattached awareness.  There is an unmoving presence, and there is the play, the maya, and the ongoing seeing of it.  The glimpses are, for the identity, profound experience.  These are usually lurking about at peak on the heroic doses, but the belief in the separate being is a hard nut to crack.  But really, isn't that charade of separate being losing its grip?  Isn't that the show-stopper at peak? 

The actor doesn't go away, but is seen to be only an actor.   The seeing takes no name or character, no attributes from the stage of maya. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 December 2019 - 01:17 PM.

#20 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

I think that's just another game to play Alder. Everyone plays their own game.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 11 December 2019 - 01:25 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!