• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:31 PM

I have never gotten spawn jars done so quick! For my next round, one week after inoculating the spawn jars are fully colonized and I just spawned the same two varieties as before to 11-liter tubs.

Decided not to mod anything on the tubs, we'll see how that goes. The boxes aren't air tight anyway and flipping the lids will do for ' fruiting conditions'. When the mushrooms need extra room in the final few days I have a few extra tubs to do a dub tub.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 13 January 2020 - 05:57 PM.

#42 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,487 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:35 PM

looking great  :thumbs_up:

• RutgerHauer likes this

#43 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:51 AM

Here is how my second round of Colombian is doing. I like it.

PSX_20200117_164655.jpg

I start to see the mycelium bruise quite a bit here and there these last few days. Anyone care to share what they think is going on there? Is it drying out or am I misting too much perhaps? (Doing that once or twice a day) or is there nothing wrong? The fruits seem to be doing alright.

Just got a humidifier to bring up humidity in my room a bit, that might be as helpful for me as for the mushrooms.

Cheers!

• macgyver likes this

#44 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:27 PM

My B+ was ready to harvest, the substrate covered in mushrooms, all very short - in between one and two inches.. I could fit the whole first flush except a few I picked yesterday and the day before in one tray of my dehydrator. Can you count how many?

PSX_20200117_202238.jpg

It's a 100 grams of mushrooms in there. Was a lot of work to harvest. I have one more grow set up with B+ after which I will probably not grow them again any time soon. The genetics are not what I was hoping for.

The yield was about twice as much as last time, which seems to make sense since I used twice as much spawn. The last one didn't yield more than half a gram on the second flush so I trashed that one. Hope this one will give a better second flush. This time, no dunk.

This B+ flush was actually my best yield so far, although it didn't look it. 14 grams dry.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 17 January 2020 - 06:33 PM.

#45 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:04 PM

Colombian looks good... All those shrooms were only 14g dry? that looks like way more!

• RutgerHauer likes this

#46 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:14 PM

They were so small.. but denser than some other flushes I have gotten which most of the times translate to less than or about 1/10 in weight. The tray was about the size of an A4 sized piece of paper. Might help for reference.

Small shrooms are nice for drying and packaging. Tomorrow I'll get a vacuum sealer so I can keep them fresh from now on. Packed per 5 gram.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 17 January 2020 - 07:16 PM.

#47 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:20 PM

They were so small.. but denser than some other flushes I have gotten which most of the times translate to less than or about 1/10 in weight. The tray was about the size of an A4 sized piece of paper. Might help for reference.

Small shrooms are nice for drying and packaging. Tomorrow I'll get a vacuum sealer so I can keep them fresh from now on. Packed per 5 gram.

I've also been getting about 9-10% dry weight from my harvests. They are small, but they all look really good.

• RutgerHauer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!