Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What Advice/Wisdom Would You Give Your Younger Self?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Thacan

Thacan

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:24 PM

@bezevo: A friend of mine had something to say about that. Don't lend somebody money, just give them what you can miss and don't expect it back.

I had a 'friend' in my youth with whom I definitely took that approach.  I even bought his wife's wedding ring :).

• Moonless likes this

#22 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:45 AM

• Ignore the doctors, they are wrong, cure yourself

• Don't waste your time with alcohol

• Smoking isn't worth it

• Don't hide from your problems under a fog of cannabis smoke

• Do Much More LSD while you have the time, but only on weekends :laugh:

• Exercise and a fanatically healthy diet will make your life better in pretty much every way

• That cute girl in chemistry class is flirting with you

• That cute boy in homeroom is flirting with you

• You actually will find a use for advanced mathematics, eventually

• Oneyedraven and Moonless like this

#23 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:31 AM

“Do not lose yourself in the past. Do not lose yourself in the future. Do not get caught in your anger, worries, or fears. Come back to the present moment, and touch life deeply. This is mindfulness.” 

Thich Nhat Hanh, The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace, Joy, and Liberation

Great question RC.

I had been super guilty of losing myself in the past which in turn negatively impacted my present. I have managed to shake that habit... When you are psychologically healthy it is much easier to remain in the present... One thing I have not managed to shake is my habit of losing myself in a hypothetical future! I have SUPER prone to daydreaming while I work with good tunes in the background and a head full of THC...Luckily, since becoming truly happy with myself, and where I am in life, I have found a way to reconcile daydreaming about potential futures without a negative impact on the present... I indulge myself in daydreams without letting the dreaming morph into expectations... Forming expectations about the future is a recipe for disaster and discontentment...  Taking a path where you try to do the right thing and treat others with respect, understanding, and kindness allows you to sleep well at night knowing that you have attempted a righteous path...Just being yourself in this way and not attempting to fit a mold or be something you are not leads to an anxiety free (or less anxious) life of contentment...

• Moonless likes this

#24 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:41 AM

@bezevo: A friend of mine had something to say about that. Don't lend somebody money, just give them what you can miss and don't expect it back.

I had a 'friend' in my youth with whom I definitely took that approach.  I even bought his wife's wedding ring :).

If I am doing well, my prosperity benefits my friends... My sister makes fun of me because she says I give my stuff away to my friends... If I have something that I will be fine without and there is someone I care about who would love to have it, I often gift it to them. I have a million jackets, I like jackets, but I don't wear half of them... Last winter I gave away 3 or 4 to people who would actually make good use of them... When I was at the Dick's Phish shows this summer, All but one of us had tickets to the first nights show and I was not ok with leaving her behind, so I bought her a ticket despite the obnoxiously high price due to it being long sold out... I share things and I give things away to the people I care about... If you are in my family of friends, you are pretty much welcome to use anything I have...

I think that settling into a life view where the prosperity of the group is just as important as my personal prosperity has benefit me both emotionally and psychologically... I have WAY more good days, almost no bad days, and my life seems to be much more fulfilling... Friends and their happiness is far more important to me than money and this comes from a guy who was nicknamed Chuck, a nickname for Charles Schwabb which I was called due to my always coming up with money making schemes in college and the years after... I make a good living but I don't work hard so I can have anything/everything I want, I work hard so I can have maximum fun with the people I love....

• Tenderfoot likes this

#25 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:44 AM

• Ignore the doctors, they are wrong, cure yourself

• Don't waste your time with alcohol

• Smoking isn't worth it

• Don't hide from your problems under a fog of cannabis smoke

• Do Much More LSD while you have the time, but only on weekends :laugh:

• Exercise and a fanatically healthy diet will make your life better in pretty much every way

• That cute girl in chemistry class is flirting with you

• That cute boy in homeroom is flirting with you

• You actually will find a use for advanced mathematics, eventually

I mostly agree with the "only on weekends" comment but I would expand that to "only on weekends and vacations"

It is not too late to do "Much more LSD"... I would also through Much More DMT into that as well... Some people may disagree, but I think Ketamine should be paired with the LSD and DMT... I have found that it takes much longer to grow accustomed to the K tho and reach a point where there is a benefit... I also have found that less is more... It is very easy to smack yourself in the face with too much and just becoming a total waste...

#26 Thacan

Thacan

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:22 AM

Out of likes today PJ, good posts

#27 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 352 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:45 PM

Eat more mushrooms.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν
gnōthi seauton
know thyself
  • crazy1 and Moonless like this

#28 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:27 AM

Have the baby, but dont tell her father.
  • PJammer24 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!