#21 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 05:24 PM

Great experiments Jinroh, it'll be interesting to hear you thoughts on the final results. I'd like to know taste and texture of both types of gummies and of course, the mileage of your trip. Then I just need to divide the dosage by a factor of 10 for myself. :)

I just started making these. I'm using more low tech methods than jinroh. The taste and texture is great, you cant really tell theres any mushroom powder in mine. The trips so far have been really nice. So far they come on in about 45 mins.
  • Jinroh and YoshiTrainer like this

#22 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 930 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 05:29 PM

Great experiments Jinroh, it'll be interesting to hear you thoughts on the final results. I'd like to know taste and texture of both types of gummies and of course, the mileage of your trip. Then I just need to divide the dosage by a factor of 10 for myself. :)

I just started making these. I'm using more low tech methods than jinroh. The taste and texture is great, you cant really tell theres any mushroom powder in mine. The trips so far have been really nice. So far they come on in about 45 mins.

I moved away from using the crushed fruit bodies due to severe stomach upset. My body does not react well to all of the bio-matter. If I did not have that reaction, I would not go to all of the extra efforts of removing it.

#23 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:25 PM

Here is my method.
Add 2/3 cup cool water to glass measuring cup.
Pour in 2x 3oz pkg. Of flavored jello
and 2x .25oz unflavored gelatin.
Allow to bloom in water for around ten minutes or until all dry powder has absorbed water. You may need to stir lightly.
Add 3mL corn syrup (karo) and 1/2 tsp citric acid. Stir.

Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds
Stir
Microwave for 30 seconds
Stir
Microwave for 30 seconds
Stir
Microwave for 30 seconds

Add 28g powdered cubensis and stir vigorously to mix in all the powder.

Pour the mixture into your mold stirring between each row to mix and keep the liquid from setting too quickly.

Place filled molds in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins.

Remove gummies from mold and place in a large container with cornstarch. I'm not sure how long you need to leave it in there but I've been going with about 6 hours. Brush off cornstarch with pastry brush. Store in food saver bags in freezer.

Edited by pastyoureyes, 19 September 2020 - 06:54 PM.

• Jinroh likes this

#24 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 930 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:27 PM

Here is my method.
Add 2/3 cup cool water to glass measuring cup.
Pour in 2x 3oz pkg. Of flavored jello
and 2x .25oz unflavored gelatin.
Allow to bloom in water for around ten minutes or until all dry powder has absorbed water. You may need to stir lightly.
Add 3mL corn syrup (karo) and 1/2 tsp citric acid. Stir.

Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds
Stir
Microwave for 30 seconds
Stir
Microwave for 30 seconds
Stir
Microwave for 30 seconds

Add 28g powdered cubensis and stir vigorously to mix in all the powder.

Pour the mixture into your mold stirring between each row to mix and keep the liquid from setting too quickly.

Place filled molds in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins.

Remove gummies from mold and place in a large container with cornstarch. I'm not sure how long you need to leave it in there but I've been going with about 6 hours. Brush off cornstarch with pastry brush. Store in food saver bags in freezer.

That is pretty much my method. Except instead of fruit bodies added at the end, the water used in my recipe is what contains the alkaloids.

I don't think most recipes reproduce the classic gummy bear texture. A gummy from the store is much harder than most home-made recipe's. They get that by drying/dehydrating the candy somehow. I think they guard the details of that part as proprietary trade secrets. I am attempting to replicate that primarily to remove water from the end product which to me seems like it would keep the potency longer and stave off spoilage. Of course, this is all an experiment. I could be wrong as far as potency and spoilage go.

#25 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:30 PM

From the research I've done the potassium sorbate will help result in a texture similar to commercial brands.

#26 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 930 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:27 PM

From the research I've done the potassium sorbate will help result in a texture similar to commercial brands.

Well, let me know how that works!

#27 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:55 PM

Will do, I'm getting some from a co-worker who makes mead today.

Here is the source of my information

[Direct Link]

• Jinroh likes this

#28 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 930 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:45 PM

Will do, I'm getting some from a co-worker who makes mead today.

Here is the source of my information

[Direct Link]

Well, that is simple enough! I wonder if it helps protect against oxidation of the alkaloids as well? I guess there is only one way to find out!

Thanks for the info!

It looks like the price has come back down. I will order a bag. It should last me years.

https://www.amazon.c...00573936&sr=8-6

Edited by Jinroh, 19 September 2020 - 10:53 PM.

#29 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:00 PM

I'm hoping that being encased in gelatin is enough to insulate the alkaloids from oxygen. I'm also storing in vacuum sealed bags. Willing to bet they keep a long time in the freezer even without the potassium sorbate.
  • Jinroh likes this

#30 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 930 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:16 PM

I'm hoping that being encased in gelatin is enough to insulate the alkaloids from oxygen. I'm also storing in vacuum sealed bags. Willing to bet they keep a long time in the freezer even without the potassium sorbate.

Yes, as you already know I do that as well. This has been a very fun experiment so far.

#31 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:11 PM

The funnest!

#32 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:16 PM

gallery_150062_1760_920373.jpg

#33 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:20 PM

gallery_150062_1760_1582233.jpg

#34 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:21 PM

gallery_150062_1760_503845.jpg

#35 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:22 PM

gallery_150062_1760_1921198.jpg
  • TVCasualty likes this

#36 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:24 PM

gallery_150062_1760_845298.jpg
  • Boebs likes this

#37 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 762 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 08:21 PM

Those all look mighty tasty, about how strong per piece?

#38 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 812 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2020 - 03:08 AM

The bears should be about .5g the skulls I'm guessing maybe 1g. The poops were from my first batch using less powder, they are slightly weaker at 1g each. I just got molds for the tiny size gummies in the mail.
  • YoshiTrainer likes this

#39 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 930 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:44 AM

My brother and a friend came over Sunday to sample the gummies I made. They each had one of the large ones which measure 2"x2" x .5". They both felt they were very potent. I had made them tea with 6 tablespoons of grain each in the past and they said the gummies were far more potent than that. I had one and felt it was about a 4 tablespoon dose, but I am sure that was due to my higher than average tolerance. I think that this would be a great method for microdosing, but if I want a serious journey the tea is still the best method for me personally. I am sure shelf life for these is still the biggest issue. My next batch will include the above-mentioned preservative.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#40 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,765 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:08 PM

<gallery_150062_1760_1921198.jpg

I especially like the look of how these turned out.

Since I live where even the THC version of those things is still not legal (I live in a place stuck in 1950, apparently) I still need to be discrete so I'd thread a string through those skulls to make a necklace out of them since they look like they're made of carved stone.

Edited by TVCasualty, 22 September 2020 - 03:09 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!