• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 theshado

theshado

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:18 AM

So, I don’t smoke Marijuana, but I do take edibles. Just recently I had the idea to swallow the gummy brick like a horse pill and let it slowly build up rather than chew it and it all digest at once....

The high I get from swallowing and not chewing is SO much better than chewing. It got me to thinking, “damn... I bet if I could do this with shrooms somehow, it might strengthen the dose!”

I don’t have the expertise to make this stuff, but I highly recommend you give it a shot. The gummy makes it so the oil doesn’t all hit at once, almost seems like the body digests and gets rid of some of it otherwise.

Anyways, I am extremely curious if somebody could give me some feedback!
  • Coopdog likes this

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,982 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:30 AM

Commenting because this is a VERY interesting idea and I sure wanna see what people have come up with

#3 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,991 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:58 AM

Edible effect are very subjective  IMHO.. I find the term build up interesting...

Other outside factors are likely to provide greater difference

Edited by flashingrooster, 14 December 2019 - 06:00 AM.

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,991 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:59 AM

What is your dosage of both items?

#5 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:54 AM

There are slow release pills, you could do something similar to powdered mushrooms, mix them with something that is not dissolved very quickly in the body in some sort of pill form - and thus releases the mushroom powder over a longer period of time. I'm not sure how those pills work exactly, how they are produced, might be layered in some sense with an inactive substance that has to dissolve first before the next layer of active substance/chemical can get into your system.

I'm am not sure this is the effect you are taking about, since you mention you are aiming for a stronger dose/effect. Seems to me to be more applicable to some sort of microdosing purpose.

If you were to make a pill that releases over the progress of let's say four to six hours, by the time the last half would get into your system, tolerance has already kicked in and the remaining half of your dose would have less effect. I'm just guessing here, I don't know exact numbers on when tolerance kicks in and what amount of psilocybin you need in your system to reach that point. I'm sure that tolerance works differently for marijuana.

If you want a strong dose of mushrooms it is better to digest it "all at once" so by the time tolerance kicks in your system is flooded already.

Anyway, just what my thoughts are about this idea. Just thinking out loud here.

As flashingrooster mentioned, the effect you experienced might not be a real effect, but could be based on expectation that something different would happen and other circumstances. I'm not sure whether it has the effect that you say it has, and find it especially illogical to conclude that a slow release results in the experience of a stronger dose. It might make it less uncomfortable regarding come up, if it is released into your system more gradually, the same would happen if you get it into some food.

I think that already happens with mushrooms, they are not easy to digest, that's why it comes on pretty late and in waves, unlike a more potent and easily absorbed psychedelic like LSD or when you would make mushroom tea - which will flood the system quite quick similarly to LSD.

I have never eaten fresh mushrooms - except for stones which I didn't stomach and the effect was not very impressive for me - but that might have some of the desired effect, since we humans have trouble with digesting raw mushrooms. I'm not sure how this differs from eating them dry, I cannot make the comparison.

All in all seems like a counterproductive undertaking if a stronger experience is what you want. It might stretch it out a bit, but will not result in a stronger experience, is my guess. Of course, assuming I understand you interpretation of what a "stronger dose" is.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 14 December 2019 - 07:40 AM.

#6 theshado

theshado

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:49 PM

I’m going to get rather graphic hear, but I just don’t know the terminology to describe what I’m thinking the reasoning is between the slow release being stronger.

If I were to take a 120 gummy and chew it, it’s like a good bunch of it gets absorbed but the rest of it goes to the land in your stomach that undigested corn goes. Like the body can only take so much at once and says “get rid of the rest of this shit”...

When it dissolves at whatever speed a gummy dissolves at (not slow release over 6 hours, but probably 30 mins to digest a full gummy vs 5 a chewed... I dunno), the body absorbs it all. I hope that makes sense

It could all be in my head, but man I hope it never leaves. Last night on one gummy, I was staring at psycodelic videos convinced they were the equivalent to the simpsons ride at Universal studios. I’ve eaten 2 gummies and not got there.

As for the high, it’s like you feel every single level of getting high rather than just being there.

The reason I mention mushroom oil is that I have a phobia of vomiting and lemon tek has ZERO nausea for me. I’m convinced it is the chitin that does it to me, and if I have to throw in a few more shrooms for lost potency so be it

Edited by theshado, 14 December 2019 - 01:51 PM.

• cybele likes this

#7 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:56 PM

If you poop half digested gummies I believe you. I can't digest corn either. :tongue:

I got nausea from the fresh stones, but never from dried mushrooms.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 14 December 2019 - 01:58 PM.

#8 kevinholmes

kevinholmes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:47 PM

I take my shrooms in capsules... I use regular vegetable 000 size capsules for twice weekly dose... I did research on capsules and although you can get empty delayed release capsules (they release their load after the stomach into the small intestine) there is no home method to make sustained release capsules at home...

If anyone comes across something like that I'd like to know... maybe take a capsule or 2 of regular gelcaps for dissolution in the stomach and a couple of the delayed release capsules for dissolution in the small intestine at the same time might kind of get what you are looking for... 

I use capsules because they don't make you taste the mushrooms at all and you can control your dose much better than other ways of consumption its a little bit of work to fill the capsules with a capsule filling machine but you can fill several hundred in less than an hour... You definitely need a filling machine because trying to fill capsules without one is a exercise in futility... I grind the shrooms to a powder in a coffee grinder and I am good to go... maybe some of this info helps you out...

#9 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:03 PM

I don't think you want your mush bypassing your stomach. It's primarily the stomach acid that dephosphorylates (?) the psilocybin to psilocin.
  • roc likes this

#10 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:30 PM

I still need pics to have proof of his theory, doesn't make sense to me still. If you want a stronger experience, dose up - not down.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 15 December 2019 - 12:30 PM.

#11 theshado

theshado

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:29 PM

I have zero way to prove anything, other than me swallowing a MJ gummy hits harder, better, and I can feel each level of the come up vs chewing it first. If anybody was able to make the equivalent, I was just curious if they were to give it a try. I would if I could and report back, just need to know how to turn shroom into something that goes I a syringe that I can inject myself=D

#12 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,478 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:52 AM

I suspect that this post is referring to all psychoactive components of a mushroom when it states "psilocin oil" in the topic. Psilocin on its own is difficult to preserve when when harvested due to the rate that it oxidizes.

#13 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,991 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

how big are these gummies? how much are you taking at a time? in shape and in thc content

I have never felt compelled to swallow one whole. 

Edited by flashingrooster, 16 December 2019 - 09:29 PM.

#14 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,991 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

If you want a slower come up on mush eat it with a large meal, same with everything i suppose

#15 theshado

theshado

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:37 PM

They are LEGO brick size. 120mg, what the percentage is I have no clue. I had the wife try as well and she said she had a noticeable difference. I assume many of you have some MJ edibles around you could try with to let me know if I’m crazy or not. If it’s a placebo effect, I’m all in and ignorance is bliss.

If you have a gummy it can’t hurt to try. I could use backup on this. Lol

#16 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,991 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:51 PM

Okay i know which ones you mean, ya that's a pretty good dose. If i ever get another one that big i might try it..... 

I think it's a difficult thing to measure. I bought this thc oil and was dropping it. Thinking the potency was just okay... didn't really work that well. Finally one day i took a bunch and went to a first aid course. When it hit me I was like holy fuck how did i not notice this before.... see below

Edibles are strange.... I know plenty of people that think they don't even work. This is due to the fact that they won't wait for the couple of hours or so it can take to kick in. So they smoke up and it's hard to tell the difference when your high as a kite and it all blends together. 

Placebo is 50 percent effective so to do a real test you need blind subjects that do not know the outcome you are looking for. I think the industry struggles with this as test subjects can usually figure out what they are taking

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!