Those are certainly on my grow list :wink:

• CatsAndBats likes this

#42 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:05 PM

Agreed Elrik when i order more spores Hoogs will most certainly be on the list. CatsandBats, was that strain consistent with this effect?  

• CatsAndBats likes this

#43 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:03 PM

Id like to share my b+ experiences. Every time i take them i get an expanding euphoric happiness for the first hour or so after they kick in. Last night i only took 5 medium fruits and the euphoria was almost too much at one point. I couldn't even stand it was so intense. If anyone has grown b+ with wbs, verm/coir bulk substrate have you had the same experience? I pray my grows turn out like this everytime its perfect.

#44 Nibano

Nibano

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:28 AM

Id like to share my b+ experiences. Every time i take them i get an expanding euphoric happiness for the first hour or so after they kick in. Last night i only took 5 medium fruits and the euphoria was almost too much at one point. I couldn't even stand it was so intense. If anyone has grown b+ with wbs, verm/coir bulk substrate have you had the same experience? I pray my grows turn out like this everytime its perfect.

Yes, I have, actually. While I used wheat as spawn and 100% coir as bulk substrate, I got the same feeling from b+. I used shrooms from that batch five times, and every time it was the same.

The cynical and logical part of me wants to say that it's simply because of placebo. That I got that feeling the first time I tried them, and then my expectations made the other experiences similar.

However, another part of me truly thinks that there is something about the different varieties that makes them slightly different from each other.

Good luck with your grows. If you have done it, you can do it again!

#45 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 478 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 04:42 PM

I believe that some people are simply more susceptible or perceptive to varietal differences in effects.
Many times I've read accounts of first timers clearly tripping their brains out on mescaline or something and not thinking they're tripping simply because they are looking for very specific effects, and getting different effects. A similar phenomena likely blinds many people to characteristic effect-profiles of individual varieties. And the compounds in question may simply not work in some peoples body chemistry.

I recently grew Palenque on three very different substrates, fully expecting a difference in yield and watching closely for any difference in effect- which I thought could very well be there. Every bit of placebo influence was directing me toward finding the three batches different. I tried all three at 4,5 grams and then did two 9 gram trips. The three varieties were indistinguishable in both potency and effect. Potency was a bit light compared to average cubensis, visuals were a bit light even after accounting for the slightly lower potency, but euphoria and joy were very pronounced. I spent those peaks squirming in delight grinning like a maniac, kissing and adoring a red pear in the dark, and being all like "YAY!!!!" [If I cant find a variety equally euphoric while being more visual I think I'll start breeding Palenque to the most visual variety I can find to make a custom hybrid and name it like 'Rainbow Smile' or 'Aurora Bliss']

Conversely, some varieties are just as consistently quite different. Tasmanian, for example. With Tasmanian I get stronger visuals on a dose adjusted equivalent dose [they're like 20% stronger than Palenque] but the emotional and euphoric effects never hit me until after visual peak. Emotions are not particularly natural for me so I just feel 'wooden' and appreciate the come up and peak until finally enjoying the down side. Yesterday I did an experiment. [Beginners and lightweights Don't Replicate This Dose!] I brewed 14 grams of good Tasmanian and drank 1/3. Then an hour later I drank the next 1/3 and 15 minutes later I drank the rest. That very early dose let me get the emotional ride I wanted while rocketing through an hour long DMT intensity mushroom peak. I probably shouldn't have done that experiment on the highest dose I've ever taken, but it freaking worked to make me emotional! It was a good trip.

The 'a cubes a cube, they're all the same, Rawr!' crowd will be hard pressed to convince me that there is no difference between varieties. A philosopher could argue there are no clouds, but when I look up I'll know I don't share his belief.
Over on the shrøømery I found a nice journal describing the repeatable characters of numerous varieties explored by one tripper and his friends, mostly varieties I have not yet tried though the ones I have tried match his descriptions. I'm using it as a guide of what to grow next and if his best reviews match my experience I'll hybridize them to make new, possibly more awesome varieties. With emphasis on strong visuals, intense glee, and just tripping my damn brains out.

Mycology is fun!

[...and yes, I have already isolated three particularly vigorous Transkei monokaryotic strains]

Edited by ElrikEriksson, 29 December 2019 - 04:58 PM.

• Cuboid likes this

#46 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:13 PM

Agreed Elrik when i order more spores Hoogs will most certainly be on the list. CatsandBats, was that strain consistent with this effect?  

Yes.

#47 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:02 AM

https://www.blueligh...on-list.839789/

Found this and from my experience with gt and b+ it seems very accurate

#48 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• OG VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:13 PM

The closest feeling to molly that I've gotten from mushrooms were hoogs.

I haven't done it since the 80's and the terminology gets me. But we called it X or ecstasy. This is the same shit right?

For me, the variety that brings on that feel the hardest is APE. Complete euphoria with a full body orgasm right at the peak. Every time.

Wish I could get that feeling with it, but without the total mind fuck that goes along with it.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#49 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,492 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:46 AM

FWIW, I primarily grow one cubensis variety (and a few others for the hell of it occasionally) and over years of consuming it I've had all of the various experiences that have been attributed to specific varieties (substrains).

The effects of a given strain have been significantly different in my experience depending on whether I consume them in honey, straight dry, fresh, or pre-soaked in lime juice (not to mention the effect that my state of mind, the setting, and probably other variables I'm not even aware of will have).

I don't know what any of it means other than we probably really need to conduct a few randomized, double-blind studies in order to find out.

And this is something that might actually be worth doing now that the legal climate appears to be changing and biotech companies are trying to use genetically modified bacteria to produce straight psilocybin (and none of the other alkaloids present in actual fungi that may be relevant). At the very least such information could be an important marketing angle for legal producers of psilocybe mushrooms vs. Big Pharma's industrial GMO bioreactor approach.

• Alder Logs and RutgerHauer like this

#50 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:01 AM

Yeah considering the extreme variety of experiences one can have on a single variety testing the hypothesis out would involve hundreds of trips before you could say anything useful to destinct only a few varieties.. I'm not sure about the significant distinction between varieties - but then again I don't have hundreds of trips under my belt.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 01 January 2020 - 11:01 AM.

• TVCasualty likes this

#51 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:19 PM

The closest feeling to molly that I've gotten from mushrooms were hoogs.

I haven't done it since the 80's and the terminology gets me. But we called it X or ecstasy. This is the same shit right?

For me, the variety that brings on that feel the hardest is APE. Complete euphoria with a full body orgasm right at the peak. Every time.

Wish I could get that feeling with it, but without the total mind fuck that goes along with it.

Molly is usually the term for relatively pure MDMA in powder/crystal form.

#52 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:49 PM

Im not sure if this helps but i also noticed on low doses of my b+ i have a better trip. The euphoria is extreme. I took a hefty does of it for the first time and completely shot over the euphoria and entered the mind fuck with zero happiness. Very strange.

#53 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,805 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:23 AM

It has to be one of the harder things to try to get our heads around. I know they struggle with cannabis in clinical settings so this would probably be more of the same

Something the alters our perceptions... so right there how do you really ever have a baseline. Everyone's perception is different from one another. You hear all the different things people are saying when on mushrooms. When in the same room, and usually it's a totally different experience, dude what the fuck are you talking about. 

I am just imagining some of the test one could perform.  It's would be very interesting

#54 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,303 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:24 PM

I have taken molly.  Compared to shrooms, it's quite different, although the full spectrum of the mushroom experience would include some overlap into the territory that mdma occupies.

I have had several trips where I had taken doses that were earth-shattering, and experienced what felt like profound eternities of overwhelming awe.  To tell the story in any way that would give it justice would take ages, but to summarize in less than a minute - A kind of understanding and bliss, a complete awareness, a clarity and light and vision of the whole of existence came into me.  A sense of the ineffable vastness of the universe, even our world, and the worlds inside our minds... I saw a roller-coaster wormhole slideshow view of these things, pausing now and then in holy stillness, and thanked creation itself for the awesome beauty laid before me.  To even say "I" did these things sounds silly to me now, as I remember it - there was no I, just all, and "I" was merely a fractal truncation of the infinite and various complexity that is the whole of creation.

If it lasted only for a moment, it would have made all the pain of life worthwhile, yet it was much, much more.

And so, I would feel myself carried upon the energies of this realization, dissolve into its folds and waves, and melt into a pool of tears, sobbing so deeply that I felt my soul turn inside out.

Kinda like that?

• Alder Logs, Guy1298 and ElrikEriksson like this

#55 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:10 PM

Update: the b+ i grew gives the same effect to my friends and family. About 10 people tryed my booms and all experienced the same exact trip. I think set and setting only go so far. Different alkaloids must be the culprit. But which ones steer the trip which way? There must be an answer.
  • ElrikEriksson likes this

#56 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:53 PM

I have done ecstasy a couple of times but to me it doesn't feel like most people will describe. Were most people will feel a feeling of love and get jumpy, can't stop chewing and moving around, I will get very calm and move into myself more. It has a sedative effect on me, it feels kind of good, but nothing spectacular I must admit, in low and medium/high doses and different settings.

That's why I left it at maybe five times of experiencing it, once in real crazy high doses to see where it would take me - also not interesting and I experienced some strange physical problems due to it for several weeks, it kind of broke me for a while. In really high doses over longer periods of time it just gives that speedy effect in the end - and through the conversion of MDMA into MDA some pretty lousy visual effects. Really not worth getting into!

-

Before I ever tried ecstasy I had experienced something else that I would have described as the most ecstatic feeling I had ever felt. It was the combination of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, an LSA containing seed, of which I took one gram, and weed. I was a heavy weed smoker at the time and smoked a gram of haze (mixed with tobacco) that evening - that is about five or maybe six spliffs for me.

The effect was interesting, it started out feeling like an alcohol intoxication, a bit dizzy, losing fine motor control, being a bit careless in my movement, thinking and speech. I hung out on my couch all evening and put my headphones on with music friends had recommended but I hadn't yet taken the time to listen to. I had been having a lot of trouble before with listening to new music: I produced music at the time myself and other than my own creations nothing could interest me.

While listening, with the lights turned off, the alcohol like experience changed into a feeling I would then describe as something that might feel like ecstasy. Remember I had not done E at that time so I could not make the comparison really.
I felt his immense love, understanding and respect for music, life and the people around me, even though I was alone in my room. My love for music and people had been reborn that evening. This is probably where the psychedelic part took over the experience, combining with the alcohol like intoxication it started with and merging with the spliffs I was smoking pretty much continually (haze has a sort of stimulant effect on me, might be a big part of it).

It turned into this indescribable synesthesia I have never experienced since. Without light surrounding me and completely immersed into the music, lying on my couch in complete relaxation I experienced what one could name an eargasm. The music translated into colors, tingles and energies rushing through my body in waves, feeling completely at one with everything, squirming with pleasure and laughing out loud. It was amazing, a real eye opener.

I have tried to recreate the effect twice but it was a disappointment of some sorts. The awakening had already happened that first time so I guess that's why it never got to that kind of experience again.

The experience had a third stage that reminded me of an afterglow of an LSD experience, the calm and psychedelic thoughts.. the residual feeling of that peak lingering in my mind and body.. The whole experience felt like a healing of some kind, that stuck with me ever since.

-

It seems to me that you experience some of these same things on high doses of Cubensis. Sounds real psychedelic to me.

On ecstasy, I have never experienced anything that resembles this feeling of love and ecstasy like many people say they do. At most I felt content, not particularly happy, but maybe a little more empathic. Not cuddly, talkative or anything people will report on when using ecstasy. I might experience some similar things as other people do but maybe I don't feel the need to express that, or it is not as impressive to me. Probably it just has a different effect on me, or I have a different effect on it.

The effects were also never anything lasting and feels like something fake, the next days the well known dip completely takes away any positive effect one might have from such an experience like when taking a psychedelic. It is kind of worthless to me, similar to alcohol: you feel great at that time but you can't take that experience with you, and even feel regret.

I wonder how much of these reported effect of ecstasy are maybe formed by expectation and influencing each other - like when using with a group of close friends - and how much they are heavily dependant on circumstance.. Just like a group of (teenage) friends can get real high on alcohol and go crazy.

you probably did not actually have mdma.

#57 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:54 PM

Update: the b+ i grew gives the same effect to my friends and family. About 10 people tryed my booms and all experienced the same exact trip. I think set and setting only go so far. Different alkaloids must be the culprit. But which ones steer the trip which way? There must be an answer.

we used to as confused about cannabis, now we know the terpene modulations quite well. 

we will get there.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!