Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Fresh are WAAAAY more potent than dried. Also, I believe in God now.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gallztron

Gallztron

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:03 PM

So it all started a few nights ago when I decided to go for a "wee-bit" of a journey...I ended up having the most intense psychedelic experience of my life. I have tripped on acid, mushrooms, and a few questionable research chemicals more times than I'm proud to admit....but this was different. Idk why, maybe it's because I ate half fresh and half dried (10 g wet, 1.5 g dry) I read the proportions and felt 10g wet would be similar to 1.2-1.5 dried

It was amazing chomping off the cap of the 8g fresh mushroom as I got to see the entire stem underneath turn a beautiful soft neon blue. I ate all the fresh first, did my usual ritual of walking around the city till they kicked in while listening to my favorite songs and hitting my vape (former smoker). I returned home feeling underwhelmed by the trip, so i proceeded to weigh out a 1.5 of my dried material to really kick it up a notch. I turned on The Wall (the movie) and when comfortably numb came on, I took my last rip of pot (because strangely I thought i was coming down...)

What proceeded would be the most intense experience of my entire life. I felt it all coming on strong and realized I had to get the fuck out of my house. It was pouring rain, and I only made it out with a small jacket (it was 39 out, pretty cold) and a water bottle. My brother was home so I couldn't be there that fucked up. It started as a pleasant walk though a fairly public field while listening to some Chicago and Boston. I knew I had to find a place to lay down and absorb the experience before my heart burst out of my chest. At a certain point it felt as if I had lost all free will. I was guided to this softball field that was pretty isolated from any main streets or houses (also it was like 4 softball fields in one so it was pretty big) and I felt like i could lay there in the rain at 2 am without anyone calling the cops or anything.

As I get closer to the field, I just keep getting higher and higher and higher, until eventually when i got to the beginning of the field, the playground and everything around it looked dollhouse sized. Only the second time I've ever experienced that. I made it to the middle of the field in the pouring rain and just collapsed onto my back, proceeding to completely melt into the earth and completely lose all sense of myself. I was nothing, and everything at the same time, just like I've always heard people say jokingly, except it was true. I laid there for half an hour. I felt no sensation of cold, yet I knew that if I didn't get home I would get hypothermia.

I was then guided home, seemingly by the universe. That was the only way to describe it. Had so many thoughts and revelations that I couldn't even begin to explain in a simple text format. Also I literally felt like a god. Had visions of lost civilizations with ancient geometric patterns and lost cultures. It felt like all of human history was at my fingertips. Ego death to the umpteenth level...oh yeah, I came to the conclusion (or, the universe did FOR me) that there IS a god or a higher power, possibly even a plane of consciousness that exists outside of us. 

So, with that being said, there is only one question...

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO ME?!  :tinfoil:  

I've eaten 7 grams dried and had NOTHING close to that experience. I heard that fresh is slightly more potent, but not that much......was that BS?! Hahaha

• Coopdog, Guy1298, adrian118 and 2 others like this

#2 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:40 PM

Two possibilities come to mind.

• Some strains of cannabis potentiate hallucinogens, and some very rare strains do so massively. When I was a teenager I didn't know this, and one night when peaking on a fairly normal dose of LSD on a beach I took a hit of this new batch of cannabis. We always smoked cannabis on LSD. Well, this time I promptly fell through the beach and landed in a different dimension. It was my heaviest LSD trip by a factor of ten, at that point. The same thing happened to my buddy. We worshiped that bag of weed after that.

I have no real use for cannabis these days but if I had that strain back I would be growing the stuff :laugh:

• Its possible that either one of those fruits was just freakishly strong or your body was simply ready for a super deep trip. My deepest ever trip was on 2 grams of normal cubes, I think either MexiCube or Tasmanian. When I harvested that ounce I shredded them for quick drying so the bag was well homogenized and all the other trips from that bag were normal strength. And I'm no slouch in dosing, my most recent four doses combined total 32 grams dry.

Whatever you smoked, save the rest for next time you trip. And be prepared, just in case :wink:

• Coopdog likes this

#3 Gallztron

Gallztron

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:01 PM

Two possibilities come to mind.

• Some strains of cannabis potentiate hallucinogens, and some very rare strains do so massively. When I was a teenager I didn't know this, and one night when peaking on a fairly normal dose of LSD on a beach I took a hit of this new batch of cannabis. We always smoked cannabis on LSD. Well, this time I promptly fell through the beach and landed in a different dimension. It was my heaviest LSD trip by a factor of ten, at that point. The same thing happened to my buddy. We worshiped that bag of weed after that.

I have no real use for cannabis these days but if I had that strain back I would be growing the stuff :laugh:

• Its possible that either one of those fruits was just freakishly strong or your body was simply ready for a super deep trip. My deepest ever trip was on 2 grams of normal cubes, I think either MexiCube or Tasmanian. When I harvested that ounce I shredded them for quick drying so the bag was well homogenized and all the other trips from that bag were normal strength. And I'm no slouch in dosing, my most recent four doses combined total 32 grams dry.

Whatever you smoked, save the rest for next time you trip. And be prepared, just in case :wink:

hahahaha wow thanks for your prompt and informative response! That was the last of that batch of bud unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, I can't tell haha) but thats a pretty satisfying explanation. I feel you on falling though the beach and ending up in another dimension. It's one of those trips where you know youre in too deep, but to fight it would just make it worse. Best to just go along with the ride haha  :biggrin: 

I can say for sure that I got what I needed from this last trip. Wont venture to that realm for quite some time  :tongue:

#4 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,740 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:38 PM

Fresh have much more Psilocin which is why the trip is better and smoother. When you dry them more psilocin is lost and you are left with more psilocybin which your body converts to psilocin which is the actual active. 

Congratulations on finding God!

• Coopdog, adrian118 and Gallztron like this

#5 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,843 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:41 PM

Fresh mushrooms contain Psilocyn and baeocystins that oxidize away as the mushrooms dry out. Those things greatly enhance the experience. Were these home grown cubensis mushrooms? Almost sounds like you got ahold of Azures or Cyans and it is definitely the time of year for them. Either way sounds like you had a beautiful experience. Crazy that all of that happened from such a small amount, but it does happen like that sometimes. A while back a friend sold me a whole sack of small dried cubensis mushrooms for only $60 and said let's just keep it Hippy with a wink. He didn't mention anything special about them. Later that night I ate what I would estimate at about two grams, just to enhance my night a bit, maybe light up the colors a little and DAMN MAN I had a full blown out of body experience zooming through the fractal universe laying with a blanket over my head while my wife watched television wondering WTF I had gotten in to. lol. Later on found out that the mushrooms were grown with Tryptophans added to the substrate to potentiate the shrooms potency, well it sure as hell worked. I would love to have some of those again. 

• Oneyedraven, ElrikEriksson and Gallztron like this

#6 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:05 PM

I've got a whole jar of tryptophan I've been intending to make into DMT someday.

These occasional stories of super-strong cubensis make me want to grow a PE isolate with tryptophan, coffee grounds, and whatever else, consolidate the colonized substrate for 2 months, and try to grow some cubes that feel like half an ounce at 2 grams.

• Coopdog and Gallztron like this

#7 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:03 PM

if you are eating the fresh, you are getting a lot more psilocin then you would if you eat them dry. Psilocin oxidizes much more quickly than psilicybin. I also think that they may digest differently/faster than dried specimens but that is just speculation

• Coopdog and Gallztron like this

#8 Gallztron

Gallztron

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:23 PM

Fresh mushrooms contain Psilocyn and baeocystins that oxidize away as the mushrooms dry out. Those things greatly enhance the experience. Were these home grown cubensis mushrooms? Almost sounds like you got ahold of Azures or Cyans and it is definitely the time of year for them. Either way sounds like you had a beautiful experience. Crazy that all of that happened from such a small amount, but it does happen like that sometimes. A while back a friend sold me a whole sack of small dried cubensis mushrooms for only $60 and said let's just keep it Hippy with a wink. He didn't mention anything special about them. Later that night I ate what I would estimate at about two grams, just to enhance my night a bit, maybe light up the colors a little and DAMN MAN I had a full blown out of body experience zooming through the fractal universe laying with a blanket over my head while my wife watched television wondering WTF I had gotten in to. lol. Later on found out that the mushrooms were grown with Tryptophans added to the substrate to potentiate the shrooms potency, well it sure as hell worked. I would love to have some of those again. 

ahh yes its my first grow and ive got so many at this point i figured why not try some fresh. its a unique opportunity. hahaha i feel you on the fractal universe, ive had some mind blowing experiences, but nothing has come close to this. not by a long shot. i finally see the real value with these beauties. and thats a very interesting point about the tryptophans. I'm going to have to research that in depth

#9 Gallztron

Gallztron

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:23 PM

if you are eating the fresh, you are getting a lot more psilocin then you would if you eat them dry. Psilocin oxidizes much more quickly than psilicybin. I also think that they may digest differently/faster than dried specimens but that is just speculation

thats good to know, i hadnt done much research on the active chemicals. i have some reading to do clearly haha

#10 Gallztron

Gallztron

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:26 PM

Fresh have much more Psilocin which is why the trip is better and smoother. When you dry them more psilocin is lost and you are left with more psilocybin which your body converts to psilocin which is the actual active. 

Congratulations on finding God!

haha thanks my friend! i love this community because now i have a whole bunch more research to do, and i love learning about all of the unique qualities and characteristics of everything fungi. i plucked one of my caps a little late and it strained my perlite a beautiful dark purple with spores. its one of the most beautiful things to me haha

• Coopdog likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!