• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nibano

Nibano

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:12 AM

I hope this is the right forum for this.

So, I'll try to keep this short.

Recently, I found three hits of acid that I had forgotten that I have. However, I don't really care for acid anymore. For me it is more of a social and fun thing, that I before have used for enjoyment. However, these days I trip alone ~90% of the time, and I only trip for the purpose of self-improvement or gaining insights about myself. LSD just doesn't do that for me.

And yet, I feel that it would be a waste to just leave the hits of acid, and slowly letting them degrade and become useless.

Has anybody tried to take mushrooms and LSD at the same time for spiritual "journeys"? I have never tried mixing them before. Mushrooms is the best for giving me the experiences I want. Would there be any point for me to combine them? Is there a chance it would be helpful to potentially get the kind of experience I am looking for, in another way than what mushrooms do for me?

I have seen posts before about mixing them, but I haven't found anything about how useful it is for the spiritual aspects of tripping.

• Coopdog likes this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:32 AM

I quit taking acid when it seemed I wasn't learning anything, but sort of just following the same tracks on every trip.  Also, I had done quite a lot of acid in a pretty short time, so that repetition maybe helped that imprint to be there, and even though for a few years, didn't do so many trips, I still just stopped.  When ten years had passed since my last acid trip, I decided to give it another go.  I got some strong window pane that everyone was praising and tried again.  It was just the same old long familiar trudge, just wanting it to be over when I got tired.  Body all wrung out the next day, and I have never been interested in doing it again. 

Mushrooms did give me something new over those years and after, and I stuck with them.  I never ever entertained the idea that doing them together would be something I'd like to do.

#3 Nibano

Nibano

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:49 AM

It was just the same old long familiar trudge, just wanting it to be over when I got tired.  Body all wrung out the next day, and I have never been interested in doing it again.

That's similar to how I feel about acid. I get all the "trippy" effects some people are after. Sounds sound cooler, visual things, synesthesia, and so on... the effects everyone who have ever tripped have experienced. But that's it. I can even get bored while I'm on LSD, because I don't have many feelings. As soon as the fascination of the effects are gone, I just get... bored. I could never get bored on mushrooms, even if their effects lasted as long or longer than the effects of acid. Also, the day after taking acid, I feel like I have a hangover.

I will never take only acid again unless it would be in a social setting, and I don't see that happening soon. Which is why I am interested in mixing it with mushrooms, if there is a point.

If there is no point in mixing, I will probably just keep using the mushrooms and get rid of the LSD.

• Coopdog likes this

#4 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:45 AM

If you prefer mushrooms over acid the acid might just get in the way of the mushrooms since it targets many of the same serotonine receptors, but is much 'stickier' than Psilocin. LSD is a bigger and more complex molecule and that's why it sticks to many other receptor sites than the serotonine system, for example the dopamine system. Psilocin is a more 'precise' molecule that targets a smaller set of receptors, mainly the serotonine system - and that gives the difference between the messy LSD experience and the more 'pure' experience of Psilocin.

That messy feeling of acid makes it more of a feeling of 'being broken' for me, and also has this stimulant effect that I don't like. As you say, it might be better reserved for a social setting, that way you can split the hits with a friend, have a reasonably good time and be done with the three hits.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 22 December 2019 - 09:29 AM.

• Nibano likes this

#5 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:08 AM

LSD kept in the freezer is stable. There is no hurry. A FOAF has a stash that is 25 years old and is still righteous. I lost interest in LSD about 25 years ago, but there might be a time one of these days before I die where it could prove useful.
  • flashingrooster likes this

#6 psilyguy808

psilyguy808

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:23 PM

Mixing the two is wonderful, mixing the two and MDMA is also wonderful. Adding MDMA can really help open the heart and the others can aid with healing. If you just want to explore then mushrooms + LSD is cool. But if you are prepared physically and mentally then mushrooms + Syrian rue can really do the trick. I've only done that once, I was 19 and unprepared. I did not know how to handle finding God... Just because it is all one, infinite love is the source and everything is perfect, it doesn't mean that one needs to run through the streets in pure ecstatic bliss (although that barely begins to explain the feeling being one) wanting to tell everyone that it is all going to be ok, we are all God dreaming our reality into existence and that LOVE is the ultimate source of the universe we just need to get past our judgement. No, doing that can get you arrested and put into the drunk tank (and that is ok too). Be prepared!
  • Oneyedraven likes this

#7 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 December 2019 - 07:18 PM

In my experience, and I have over 45 years of extensive experience, including Sasha’s top 20, the Little Saints don’t take well to mixing them with anything else. I experimented with the P. harmala + cubensis combination and although this resulted in a deep initiatory experience, it requires several days to fully restore my balance and I never felt a desire to repeat the experiment. MDMA was interesting the first dozen or so times but then the severe serotonin depletion and ensuing 2 week depression made it downright aversive. Compared to the Little Saints all of the research chemicals lack the Spirit. They all became completely uninteresting after the year 2000.
  • psilyguy808 likes this

#8 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

Agree entirely with Elfstone

Also, from personal experience, the only time I've ever mixed Mushrooms and LSD it was an absolutely terrible time.

#9 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,846 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:25 PM

I often use mushrooms in the last 4-6 hours of an acid trip to alleviated the extended come down that keeps me awake for 30 hours or so after I trip. I find that 10-12 hours into the acid trip if I do 2-3 grams of mushies it relaxes me and then in 4 more hours I am chill and ready to go to sleep as the mushrooms wind down. Mushrooms always leave me in a comfortable and relaxed state, and that helps smooth out the end of the acid ride. 

I very much suggest just putting the acid away. The blotters I have are `13 years old and just fine. I do not suggest keeping them in the fridge though, because that can introduce moisture if you have any problems with your freezer functioning. I keep mine in a dark environment tightly wrapped in plasic and closed up in a book. Acid 50 years old kept that way is still functional. Never write anything off completely in your life. Life changes happen, and you may meet a person someday who would be very interested in trying that with you. 

I just realized I never actually answered your original question. I do not feel that mushrooms and acid combine to make for a spiritual experience. Acid has you all over the place, whereas mushrooms just want you to surrender and be pulled along. I do not suggest mixing them together for spiritual purposes. LSD is a recreational drug for me, but mushrooms are much more personal and they are the teachers... Just my 2 cents worth...

• Nibano likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!