Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

What are the next steps after the Colonized WBS has Colonized the Verm/Coir Mix?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:50 PM

I followed all of the steps from the inoculation of WBS jars, letting jars colonize to 100%, inoculating the Verm/Coir sub with the colonized WBS. Now I have my containers sealed and sitting for the 10 day incubation time. Can anyone tell me what are the next steps after the Colonized WBS has Colonized the Verm/Coir Mix? Also can you post any links to Teks that I can use? Thank You

#2 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 934 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:54 PM

Hey Wil,

What are you using as a container for the substrate? Have you put it in a tub, or a tray?

Edited by RutgerHauer, 22 December 2019 - 12:55 PM.

• wilspeak likes this

#3 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 536 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:59 PM

Check the "magic for the masses" guide stickied on the forum.

After the bulk substrate is fully colonized you induce fresh air exchange by fanning or if your using a monotub (thanks to ohmatics design) you would remove the duct tape around the holes and replace with micropore tape and set a small fan directed at it for cross air circulation thus dropping co2 to trigger pinning.

Look up "monotub design" "invitro pinning" "sgfc" "dub tubs" and "bucket fruiting" there is every single method known for fruiting and various container styles to do it.

Or you can just manually fan the container it's in three times a day and keep covered, that'll work too.
  • wilspeak likes this

#4 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:07 PM

Hey Wil,

What are you using as a container for the substrate? Have you put it in a tub, or a tray?

Hello , I took 5 Colonzied WBS Jars to 7 trays of Verm/Coir substrate

#5 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:09 PM

Check the "magic for the masses" guide stickied on the forum.

After the bulk substrate is fully colonized you induce fresh air exchange by fanning or if your using a monotub (thanks to ohmatics design) you would remove the duct tape around the holes and replace with micropore tape and set a small fan directed at it for cross air circulation thus dropping co2 to trigger pinning.

Look up "monotub design" "invitro pinning" "sgfc" "dub tubs" and "bucket fruiting" there is every single method known for fruiting and various container styles to do it.

Or you can just manually fan the container it's in three times a day and keep covered, that'll work too.

When I take the wrapping off of the verm/coir trays should I cover the colonized sub with a fresh coating of verm before I put them in the fruit chamber?

Edited by wilspeak, 22 December 2019 - 01:13 PM.

#6 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 934 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:19 PM

You don't have to use a casing for Cubensis, but it can help with humidity on the surface. It can also be something that complicates things if hydration and timing isn't appropriate. I chose to start out without it, since I have gone wrong a couple of times with my casing. You can manually mist the surface to keep surface conditions on point.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 22 December 2019 - 01:22 PM.

• wilspeak likes this

#7 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:28 PM

You don't have to use a casing for Cubensis, but it can help with humidity on the surface. It can also be something that complicates things if hydration and timing isn't appropriate. I chose to start out without it, since I have gone wrong a couple of times with my casing. You can manually mist the surface to keep surface conditions on point.

Correct me if im wrong , So in essence what you are saying is ... I dont have to apply a new layer of coir verm to the colonized Sub in the trays, just unwrap  sit in the fruit chamber and mist? is that correct 

#8 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 12,240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:49 PM

It's true that you don't need to add another layer, but you also want to ensure that there isn't any WBS exposed on the surface.

You can cover any exposed seed with straight verm from a new bag if you don't want to mess with sterilizing anything or hydrating more coir. You can even apply it dry and then just mist it heavily to moisten it.

• wilspeak and RutgerHauer like this

#9 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:22 PM

It's true that you don't need to add another layer, but you also want to ensure that there isn't any WBS exposed on the surface.

You can cover any exposed seed with straight verm from a new bag if you don't want to mess with sterilizing anything or hydrating more coir. You can even apply it dry and then just mist it heavily to moisten it.

I have a new opened bag of Verm . I will probably sterilize it before I apply a cover over the colonized Verm Coir. Thank You

• TVCasualty likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!