Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Completely colonized shoebox with a pin island.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:52 AM

Have any of you ever come across something like this? My substrate is completely colonized with only a small over crowded area of pins. The surface conditions are perfect I haven't even misted it at all. I actually open the lid to get FAE and get some evaporation going because that's the only thing I can think to do. Temperatures fluctuate between 65°-75°F and the room humidity stays at 70%. Any ideas about this will help me figure out this head scratcher. 907155392cb659a2ed7d7f99ffd0d245.jpg361e0de35e42e01ffef1261db57d2b56.jpg
  • RutgerHauer and ElPirana like this

#2 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 934 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:16 AM

That is odd!

Is this a multispore grow? In that case all I can think of: it is a very early fruiting cluster, and the rest is behind - or it is the only genetics in there that wants to fruit period. Both of these options seem unlikely since you probably broke up and mixed the spawn well enough that this should not happen.

So weird.. doesn't seem like it could be related to conditions on that tiny part of the sub that would be better than the rest of the surface area..

Another wild but unlikely guess would be that all of the sub is contaminated or too wet except that tiny part... But that doesn't make sense either!

Edited by RutgerHauer, 25 December 2019 - 05:22 AM.

• PJammer24 likes this

#3 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:01 PM

I've only experienced something similar once with p.cubensis F+ on rye to straw....only one mushroom formed on the entire substrate. No contams

Chalked it up to screw ball genetics.

You've got me worried now about how my bin is going to perform, yours looks as healthy as mine but it's also Multispore

#4 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:44 PM

Yeah it's a multi spore grow from my own print. I'm gonna nab a sample and clone a couple of them. Still gonna keep an eye on it and just fan with no misting like I have been. Thanks for the info.
Oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Edited by buzzkilluton, 25 December 2019 - 08:47 PM.

#5 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:47 PM

Noticed some pins in some other places. A few moments ago so things are spreading. Gonna take some samples of those fast fruiters and grow them out on agar. Hopefully they are potent as well.
  • RutgerHauer likes this

#6 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:51 AM

Where are the new pins forming? In the pictures it looks like there are hyphal knots forming mainly in the center and not around the edges of the tub. Maybe that’s where it’s actually getting more evaporation when you lift the lid. Do you fan it at all when lifting the lid?

#7 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:27 AM

All the only thing I do is lift the lid and fan a couple minutes twice a day. Here's a pic of the new pins! Hopefully everyone had a great Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrated. Thanks for the input guys. e4bdcefbdc5f28b139785032a61e2d87.jpga93fdf82afa22420e7b59f7d8fb428f5.jpg
  • ElPirana likes this

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,915 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:07 AM

Since it is an MS grow, I would chalk it up to genetics... The genetics in the cluster are likely more aggressive... I would clone the hell out of that cluster... Looks pretty sweet!

• CatsAndBats and buzzkilluton like this

#9 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,866 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:42 AM

Since it is an MS grow, I would chalk it up to genetics... The genetics in the cluster are likely more aggressive... I would clone the hell out of that cluster... Looks pretty sweet!

^^^ this

• PJammer24 and buzzkilluton like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!