• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Robinsparrow

Robinsparrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

I have been viewing the site for a number of months and I decided to join because I obviously am an extreme noobie. I tried B+ strain this summer and had lots of yield with no potency! I'm not giving up though. I have a lot to learn, I think.

• roc, coorsmikey, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,015 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:47 PM

Welcome! Are you taking any antidepressant meds, SSRI"s Benzodiazepine or other anti anxiety med and psych meds? All of which will contradict the effects of of even in my own opinion of a weak strain. None the less of my opinion B+ should have done something unless you didn't weigh a big enough dose or are on any of the above.

• onediadem, dial8 and CatsAndBats like this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,135 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:28 AM

I have heard quite a few stories about people having trouble getting off lately. Welcome! Curious to know what dose you took, wet or dry, and if dry, how were they dried?

#4 Robinsparrow

Robinsparrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for being interested! I took 3 doses at different times, each 1 month apart. The first was taken fresh, 9 grams , and I had a light and pleasant response. The second was dried (very carefully dried) and 2.5 grams, no response except chills, and the last was a tea infusion from 5 grams dried...no response at all. I don't take anti-anxiety pills and usually am very sensitive to drugs. I guess I could've messed up the drying process but I was so careful with low temps and desiccant.

• RutgerHauer likes this

#5 Robinsparrow

Robinsparrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

okay, this moves along. Happy new year.

• RutgerHauer likes this

#6 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,049 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:27 PM

Welcome to 'Topia!

#7 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:28 PM

Don't be careful with low temperatures. If that results in you having to dry them for longer periods that can explain the potential loss of potency. If you can get them dry at higher temperatures quicker, do it.

It is weird you have no response o the dried mushrooms, and you did respond to the lower dose fresh mushrooms, that makes it seem like it was the drying process that made the difference. Also, if you don't store them airtight potency can reduce over time.

• Robinsparrow likes this

#8 Robinsparrow

Robinsparrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:21 PM

It does seem like I lost potency during drying. But I think they were pretty low to begin with. I've never tried mushrooms before this so maybe should use a reliable source before trying to grow them again.

#9 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:50 AM

It could very well be that the potency was a bit low to begin with. Especially with spores this can vary quite a bit! Hope you'll try again soon and have better luck - and welcome by the way!

I am also wondering about whether some people just might be more sensitive than others. I remember my first psilocybin experience and wasn't effected very much other than what seemed to be a bad stomach reaction to the stones I took - the same went for LSD which didn't effect me like it did my friend. Every successive time I felt it more though!

#10 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,702 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:28 PM

I have been viewing the site for a number of months and I decided to join because I obviously am an extreme noobie. I tried B+ strain this summer and had lots of yield with no potency! I'm not giving up though. I have a lot to learn, I think.

welcome  :biggrin:

#11 Robinsparrow

Robinsparrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:45 PM

Yeah, I will try another source and see what my response is to that. Thanks for the support!

#12 Robinsparrow

Robinsparrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:57 PM

Just sort of want a bottom line on this: what spore strain do people recommend I get?  I had no problem growing the B+, but I it was weak; there's no doubt in my mind, and I think I did a good job with them. So, something a little stronger, but available through the usual channels, any suggestions?

#13 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:14 PM

B+ is your typical noob strain it's been grown since the first indoor cakes were thought up.
May I suggest the following
Aa+
Alacabenzi
Burma yagoon
Pesh.
All are east to grow the first 3 are very head buzz for me the last one has a body load for me.

#14 Ripples

Ripples

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

I have this theory of Gt and B+ being the same strain in the beginning days. It accrued to me after trying to decipher a handwritten on a print  that was sent to me. I really couldn't tell if it was suppose to say one or the other. I could easily see that Golden Teacher abbreviated to Gt being read as B+ and then passed on. It would make sense to all the similar reports and feedback on both labelings.

IMG_4314.JPG

• dial8, coorsmikey and Tenderfoot like this

#15 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:12 PM

I see what you mean lol, poor penmanship has lead to a lot of fuk-ups in science.
  • dial8 and coorsmikey like this

#16 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,740 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:00 PM

Welcome!

I grew AA+ recently. I'm use to pretty intense visuals. They were very nice and chill, nice body and mental load, but really no visuals even at 3 dry grams. I could see the beginnings maybe so next time I'm upping it to 4 grams if I do AA+ again. At least from multispore, this was a very nice chill strain that someone who has anxiety over an upcoming or first trip should try.

• roc, Robinsparrow and Fungi2b like this

#17 Robinsparrow

Robinsparrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:10 PM

Okay, thanks for the suggestions. I will try to find those. I take it AA+ is the so-called albino strain?

#18 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,740 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:49 PM

It's the albino strain crossed with A+. 

#19 Robinsparrow

Robinsparrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:37 PM

I'll just try to ask this question on this continuing thread since I don't know where else. I am the one who had the very weak experiences a few months ago with my own home-grown. I was now able to try dried mushies (I don't know the strain) and it was totally different from what I grew and dried myself. These were strong. I ate .8 gram dried and had a very good experience, definitely above "threshold" level. So, I obviously now know how it should be cultivated and want to keep trying! I also realize that I did a terrible job drying them: mine were chewy: the ones I just had just crumbled to dust in my mouth and very easy to eat. So, assuming I grow a stronger strain, what am I doing wrong with drying? I live in a rather humid climate. Can I still use an oven; do I have to get a dehydrator? Any and all advice is welcome.

Edited by Robinsparrow, 24 March 2020 - 12:44 PM.

• Boebs likes this

#20 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 715 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:22 PM

Carful with oven drying. Loww temps and alot of air flow is best.
The magic is easily destroyed with temps over 120f

I would say a box fan and somthing like a window screen works great, slow, but works.
I stay away from my oven when it comes to drying anything but beef jerky:)

Dehydrators are best if they have avery low heat setting

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!