13 replies to this topic

#1 rockshox90

rockshox90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:38 AM

Hello,

I would like to describe my first time adventure with shrooms, unfortunetly wasn't good, if somone have experience similar to mine I would apreciate, a solution.

I bought growkit cubensis mezatapec, after 16 days I had first harvest fresh mushrooms, I packed them in paper bag and locked in fridge for like 2 days, they started changing color to blue / green. I decided to try 25g fresh mushrooms, I didn't know how they taste like so I prepared a sauce.

So after 1h I didnt felt anything at all, I was rather sleepy so I decided to go to bed and relax. I had, a something called "sleep paralyze" so I woke up and felt like "shit" like everything in life is meanigless, no fun, anxiety, fear, no desire to live. After 2-3h everything kinda went to normal state of being: P

I dont know why, I expected some nice experience but well ... not good at all.

#2 Stainless

Stainless

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:41 AM

Wow! Sorry to hear that. The only experience I've ever had similar to that was like 30 years ago on some lsd that gave me a bad trip. I had the worst feeling of fear and impending doom, it was not a fun time AT ALL

Glad you're all right!!

• rockshox90 likes this

#3 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,059 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:47 PM

Welcome to 'Topia!

Sorry to hear of your experience not living up to expectations.

Please try again and don't let that experience be a roadblock to enlightenment.

• rockshox90 likes this

#4 rockshox90

rockshox90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for the answer, can it have to do with the fact that I have not been taking ssri for two weeks? I thought that after all this time everything was normal :)

#5 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,706 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

Hello,

I would like to describe my first time adventure with shrooms, unfortunetly wasn't good, if somone have experience similar to mine I would apreciate, a solution.

I bought growkit cubensis mezatapec, after 16 days I had first harvest fresh mushrooms, I packed them in paper bag and locked in fridge for like 2 days, they started changing color to blue / green. I decided to try 25g fresh mushrooms, I didn't know how they taste like so I prepared a sauce.

So after 1h I didnt felt anything at all, I was rather sleepy so I decided to go to bed and relax. I had, a something called "sleep paralyze" so I woke up and felt like "shit" like everything in life is meanigless, no fun, anxiety, fear, no desire to live. After 2-3h everything kinda went to normal state of being: P

I dont know why, I expected some nice experience but well ... not good at all.

welcome to topia.. different mushrooms can cause different effects, some can cause a huge body load, while others might give a more euphoric high. as far as the ssri goes, it can take months for your brain chemistry to go back to a baseline normal, if it ever does. I take an ssri and have used mushrooms while both on and off. In my opinion it takes a bit more to get to that euphoric high while on ssri, but really not much of a difference. Not like mdma, that does nothing to me while on ssri, I just get amped up like speed. Anywhoo, try again, this time dry them out cracker crisp, then make a tea with the mush, add a lil lemon juice,  toss the solids after a long steep. Enjoy!

• tailsmcsnails and rockshox90 like this

#6 rockshox90

rockshox90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:33 AM

Thanks for extensive answer. Today I will buy mushroom dryer so I can dry my little friends and store for longer time than in the fridge. Sure I will try to make, a tea but as beginner I have some questions :P.

- I have read somwhere that 10g fresh mushrooms is like 1g dried, so as wharfrat said I need more if I am out of ssri from 2 weeks, how much dry mushrooms should I try this time ?

- After harvest fresh mushrooms should I put them into dryer immediately ?

- And last one, how should I prepare tea from them ? Should I crush dried mushrooms for tea ? Also will they lose power at high temperature?

• wharfrat likes this

#7 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 803 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 08:49 AM

Greetings

The mushroom trip usually evolves out of the psychological state of mind someone in prior to dosing, if you have a lot of stress on your mind then you're probably going to spend the duration of the trip subconsciously problem solving lifes lemons.... other times it can be your physical body just not taking kindly to the forgein poisoning entering the body and the body does it's natural defense mode and causes a real shitty feeling (tell me about it!) Like the one you experienced.

Try to trip again when you're not trying to anticipate how you think you should feel on them and how they actually make you feel cause that will fuck your trip up, does that make sense to you?

There are times when even I dont feel like dosing and end up feeling like crap if I do and then theres the weeks where I mocrodose 3-4times a day starting at about a gram and feel like king of the world with warm fuzzy loving feeling coursing threw my body lol (best description of a good trip I can think of :p )

Try again man, maybe have a little alcohol to lighten the mood or smoke a joint.
  • wharfrat and rockshox90 like this

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:38 AM

SSRI's can drastically limit the effect of lots of drugs... 2 weeks is not long enough to get them out of your system. I think you experience has a lot to do with the medications you had been taking.

Also, Expectations lead to disappointment... Try to go into it with no expectations and just roll with the flow of the experience not knowing what to expect...

• wharfrat and rockshox90 like this

#9 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,706 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for extensive answer. Today I will buy mushroom dryer so I can dry my little friends and store for longer time than in the fridge. Sure I will try to make, a tea but as beginner I have some questions :P.

- I have read somwhere that 10g fresh mushrooms is like 1g dried, so as wharfrat said I need more if I am out of ssri from 2 weeks, how much dry mushrooms should I try this time ?

- And last one, how should I prepare tea from them ? Should I crush dried mushrooms for tea ? Also will they lose power at high temperature?

yes, they avg 10g fresh = 1g dried.. I would go atleast 3.5 grams for a normal dosage, 2.5 is more on the weak side

I dry them immediately after harvest

I prepare tea by crushing and placing my mush in a tea bag or in a coffee filter, tied. I then toss the bag after steep. I would add an extra .5 for tea, just cause you cant get all the goodies out in the water. or just drink the solids. we are not boiling the mushrooms, just a steep in hot water will not destroy any goodies.

or save yourself the time and just much a handful of dried.

try 3.5 next time and don't fall asleep.. sounds like you got high but you slept through it. Mushrooms always give me a tired feeling when they first come on, I get the yawns every time, just push through it.. put on some music and let the mush do it's job

• Ripples, flashingrooster and rockshox90 like this

#10 rockshox90

rockshox90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:38 PM

yes, they avg 10g fresh = 1g dried.. I would go atleast 3.5 grams for a normal dosage, 2.5 is more on the weak side

I dry them immediately after harvest

I prepare tea by crushing and placing my mush in a tea bag or in a coffee filter, tied. I then toss the bag after steep. I would add an extra .5 for tea, just cause you cant get all the goodies out in the water. or just drink the solids. we are not boiling the mushrooms, just a steep in hot water will not destroy any goodies.

or save yourself the time and just much a handful of dried.

try 3.5 next time and don't fall asleep.. sounds like you got high but you slept through it. Mushrooms always give me a tired feeling when they first come on, I get the yawns every time, just push through it.. put on some music and let the mush do it's job

I am grateful for advice, well guess I need to leave the expectations and get carried by mushrooms. And tea should be good, thanks once again :)

• wharfrat likes this

#11 rockshox90

rockshox90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:11 PM

Hello,

If I can ask here, I have dried mushrooms for now, and I am wondering if I can storage them at room temperature in a sealed jar ?

Edited by rockshox90, 06 January 2020 - 02:11 PM.

#12 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:20 PM

I would like to say that the only "bad trip" ive had so far was from dosing then falling asleep. 2 hours later i awoke in hell. Thank god i could talk myself out of the nonsense. From now on i will be sure to stay awake for the ride, so i know where im going.

#13 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:57 PM

Hello,

If I can ask here, I have dried mushrooms for now, and I am wondering if I can storage them at room temperature in a sealed jar ?

Yes but freezer is better. As long as they are fully dry and in a sealed bag they will stay good for a year or more b4 a noticeable difference in potency.

If your not ready for a hit to your ego, put off tripping till your in a better frame of mind.

#14 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,706 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:53 PM

moving to storming the gates forum. op is a free member now

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!