• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 viewer6922

viewer6922

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:20 PM

My gal friend takes 100 mgs. of zoloft....she took 5 grams of zoomers the other day and really did not get 'off '.....I did 4 grams and was very happy and religious....what gives with her? This is her 3rd time.....I dosed her with 2 grms, then 3......and the last time 5grms, she is not on the same plane as me. Is the zoloft doing that to her? The last time we even drank alot of OJ....help!
  • dibbd likes this

#2 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

http://mycotopia.net...ead.php?t=14494

#3 srgtm1a

srgtm1a

yeah, yeah, you know.

• Expired Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

A lot of different drugs can have the same results when taking shrooms. Any anti-depressant will too.

Did she do this on purpose thinking she'll get more fucked up, or does she regularly take zoloft?

#4 viewer6922

viewer6922

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:16 PM

she takes it daily.....

#5 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:45 AM

depression is as real as you make it.

#6 tripper tom

tripper tom

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:50 AM

i had a friend who took zoloft and had a hard time getting off with any psychedelic even rolls. i think that inhibits them somewhat imho. my friend stopped taking it for like 2 days, after that she could trip again.

#7 fungalsporesolution

fungalsporesolution

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:20 AM

Hmmm I'm glad I caught this my g/f is interested in trying mushrooms but is on several different medications. Anti-depressants, mood elevators, the gov't works. My question where I check to if any of the meds can be bad with mushrooms and how long should she stay off the meds before trying mush?

#8 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,679 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:13 AM

This statement really helps no one, cap. In fact it downplays the severity of some peoples' depression problems. A statement like this is not needed especially when the question at hand is sooooo obvious. Please refrain.

#9 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:13 AM

Can you clarify this statement please? As I am not sure how to take it.

EDIT:
I guess I should have scrolled down to Dial8's post. That is all the clarification that I need. I just didn't want to assume the worst.

#10 fungalsporesolution

fungalsporesolution

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:16 AM

Can you clarify this statement please? As I am not sure how to take it.

Ahhh, I would let it go

It was an insensitive remark

I suppose he meant that depression is controllable, or a fantasy

I don't know

Obviously not the remark of a depressed, or recently depressed person

#11 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:20 AM

EDIT:
I guess I should have scrolled down to Dial8's post. That is all the clarification that I need. I just didn't want to assume the worst.

#12 fungalsporesolution

fungalsporesolution

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:24 AM

LOL

Whoops :shy:

My bad

#13 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:30 AM

Most antidepressants work by increasing the availability of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine or serotonin. which elevate mood. Zoloft, Paxil, and Prozac are called, "selective-serotonin-reuptake-inhibitor" drugs (SSRIs).

Major depressive disorder: person experiences prolonged hopelessness and lethargy until usually resbounding to normality.

"Psilocybin is rapidly dephosphorylated in the body to psilocin which then acts as an agonist at the 5-HT<sub>2A</sub> serotonin receptor in the brain where it mimics the effects of serotonin (5-HT)." http://www.answers.c...opic/psilocybin

Psilocybin - 4-Phosphoryloxy-N,N-
dimethyl-tryptamine
Serotonin - 5-hydroxytryptamine
Psilocin - 4-Hydroxy-N,N-dimethyl-tryptamine

Although serotonin is natural in us, psilocin in my understanding tries hard to act like a mood elevating neurotransmitter, while opening our mind and experiencing hallucinations.

Being that Zoloft is so powerfull against mood, same as Psilocin, i would believe that zoloft is definately the agent depressing the agent psilocin so that one wont generally trip. do this: tell her not to take her zoloft for one day and try 3 grams, if nothing or really bad things happen then she should continue with the zoloft, buy just my opinion, im no doctor.

#14 infinity

infinity

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:36 AM

I had to deal with my g/f's ssri problem last year when I first dosed her with mushrooms. Nothing happened. I realized that the ssri's de-sensitized her to the point of no response. It took months of her being off of the drug to regain her sensitivity to seretonin and it was still an uphill battle. It took many times and high doses just for her to feel anything. A year has passed since she first tried them and she will dose soon. I will let you guys know how that works. I will also report back with some information on this stuff later on today, I just have to go through some literature and pull references before I can post anything about psychopharmacology.

#15 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:49 AM

Hmmm I'm glad I caught this my g/f is interested in trying mushrooms but is on several different medications. Anti-depressants, mood elevators, the gov't works. My question where I check to if any of the meds can be bad with mushrooms and how long should she stay off the meds before trying mush?

Maybe she should refrain. Mushrooms are completely safe but these rx variables are untested. Even regardless of the meds, are you willing to take a chance on the possible negative consequences of a trip on a mind that may be currently unhealthy?

I believe one should always refrain from taking an SSRI for at least 24 hours before consuming mushrooms. And if your condition is such that you cannot handle that kind of break, then maybe you shouldn't take any mushies. And if your condition is such that you are on MULTIPLE psychotropic meds, then maybe you should definitely not take them....

The protection of our health far outweighs a desire to trip, imo.

#16 Jetson

Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:32 PM

I read an article about a study trying to prove that shrooms help with depression and it had solid results supporting the theory. Maybe she can switch from Zoloft to shrooms. :lol:

#17 fungalsporesolution

fungalsporesolution

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

I read an article about a study trying to prove that shrooms help with depression and it had solid results supporting the theory. Maybe she can switch from Zoloft to shrooms. :lol:

seriously though

#18 viewer6922

viewer6922

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:46 PM

I knew it was those antidepressants! Some ppl. really need those things....She willl do 2 days without and then we will dose about 4 grms....and let us see! I too had a problem with depression, I lowered my dose slowly(wellbutrin) until I was off, then did a 3 tablespoon dose of 'insence powder'..............a week later my first grow can through and about once a week I will do the shrooms....sometimes dosing again once I come down within the same day(night). I love what the shrooms have done for me, I am a much happier person, have an excellant outlook on life, they worked wonders for me! I am not saying all ppl will get the same religion from shrooms as I have, it ' Just Works For Me' Thanks for the confirmation all of you!

#19 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:40 PM

It took months of her being off of the drug to regain her sensitivity to seretonin and it was still an uphill battle. It took many times and high doses just for her to feel anything. A year has passed since she first tried them and she will dose soon.

i agree here, doesnt it take at least a month for your body to completely de-toxify itself of any drug in its system. IME, like quitting weed for a month to bring down the tolerance.

take caution, if you are taking SSRIs then you already prone to an unhealthy mind state, and that mushrooms will most likely antagonize the moods you are presently experiencing. IME, when i dont feel completely normal then mushrooms will take on the quality of my mood, like if i'm anxious, shrroomin will make me uncomfortable and irratible, and desperate to finding a better setting, people, atmosphere, etc...
usually though, if you have some self-control and know how much you dosed, its effects and how your emotions are that day than you should be fine. if your friend starts acting wierd when she stops using her zoloft, then i wouldnt recommend it. but i dont know if just stopping for 24 hours will affect how the mushrooms will work, but then again i'm not a behavioral psychologist.

#20 iamsmiley

iamsmiley

the ice woman

• Expired Member
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:23 PM

sounds like a bad idea to be playing on and off antidepressants and eating shrooms.Have you ever thought that maybe eating shrooms is not always a good idea???? or at least not at the moment.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!