• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TheOverdoser

TheOverdoser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:57 PM

I decided to start a progress post for the past 2 months that I started my experiment. Which is growing some tubs. Heehee. It started with dry spore to agar. And then transfered twice more before innocing 11 jars..I thought only 3 were going to make it.. but all 11 are now in tubs I'm at the fruiting stage I guess. Cuz I have unplanned pins showing up.. probably because I don't care about contam and am opening them up lots. They have been colonizing about 10-12 days. So I've taken foil off and opened up holes.. there in a Martha tent I built. Whatwould you do if you were intent on fruiting iside Martha with huge holes in tubs for fae.. cuz that's where I'm at.. I need to post the photos now

#2 TheOverdoser

TheOverdoser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:08 PM

http://imgur.com/gallery/jJMnPgy

http://imgur.com/gallery/bneCX6y

#3 TheOverdoser

TheOverdoser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:17 PM

Please give any urgent recommendation for my silly obsession n with the tent.. I just want no stagnant air in the bins when fruiting... For some reason. I really want to see how they do with open holes. No one does this. I must try.

#4 TheOverdoser

TheOverdoser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:18 PM

Oh yeah! Wollongong cubensis
The tent is easy to dial in... I don't like it above 94 for the fans safety.. I like the bucket inside the tent to keep air moving.. I've heard it's super help full to have air...moving... So it's a jumpy 82-90+ when I set it 2 min on 10 min off....

I hope this entertains some people.. I've worked very hard.. and have thrown out 20 batches of rye to get my secret method right.. I've only come now to complain about my issues... And they are a fun one to deal with .. so I hope yous can respect that.

Edited by TheOverdoser, 05 January 2020 - 04:25 PM.

#5 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,723 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:19 PM

looks great brother! good job  :thumbs_up:

i'm gonna move this post into the magic mushroom forum, it will get more views than in the welcome forum

#6 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,252 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:00 PM

The only issue I see is with the bare wood. You need to cover it with plastic, or at the very least, paint it. An easy enough adjustment.. That is a huge contam magnet. You can take the lids off altogether when they are ready to fruit. They do not need to be covered in that environment. When I built mine, I hot glued the plastic to the inside so no wood was exposed. Great build otherwise!

• wharfrat likes this

#7 TheOverdoser

TheOverdoser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:53 AM

Thanks you two. I worried about the wood harboring future molds.. or even present ones.. that worry left me after a while. But now it's back on the list.. I'm going to use paint with mildew control. Thanks for encouragement.. and for the fact that I can just take the lids off..awesome.. I'll be back!!

#8 TheOverdoser

TheOverdoser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:59 AM

Heres some progress on my first tub ever.. huge deal to me

http://imgur.com/a/qi5Y9jq

I'm at a junction where I'm confused about how humid it should be.. I got droplets allover the myc mat.. but I'm putting like 4 hour dry spells for it to evaporate and freshen up a lil

Edited by TheOverdoser, 09 January 2020 - 11:01 AM.

#9 TheOverdoser

TheOverdoser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:20 AM

Well might as well keep posting..
Here's where I'm at.. they don't seem to want to grow very high?.. there stubbing and capping out at like 2 inches it seems??

http://imgur.com/a/IGVfVbU

I'm still happy.. I love the art the mycelium makes on the caps. how it still looks alive on the cap. Anyways. Is there any wonder or reason why there not very tall with small caps?

Edited by TheOverdoser, 11 January 2020 - 10:36 AM.

• Maddmyco likes this

#10 TheOverdoser

TheOverdoser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:25 PM

Well my one bin failed..everything's dead.. .c yous later I guess.....,.............

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!