• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:53 PM

Broken glass, marbles, glass stones for fish bowls all work great for breaking up myc

#22 Taproot

Taproot

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:45 AM

I wanted to correct something, It was actually 78F -82F for incubation temp on the heat mat.

Also the first image of my LME L.C.'s was actually 3-4 days in

and the second image was 6-8 days in

not a big difference but I wanted to clarify.

#23 UnHeisenbug

UnHeisenbug

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:50 AM

This is really inspiring. This makes me so eager to get started with plates and LC! Good work everyone

#24 Taproot

Taproot

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:28 AM

It is well worth it.

My colonization time for 1L mason jars if everything went perfectly @70F was about 2 weeks for something like B+ and about 3 weeks for A.P.E.

Now with LC, I use about 15ml of it per jar and those times went down to about 1 - 1.5 weeks to 100% colonization.

It can be tricky to spot contams from what I've exeprienced and read but so far I've made about 4 or 5 L.C.'s (I'm fairly new to them) and have had little to no contams in my jars.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200223_072627.jpg

#25 TrippTripTrippyJ

TrippTripTrippyJ

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:08 AM

Hey there. Mind if I ask how you keep (store) your LC's after inoculating them? I am new to the ways of liquid cultures but I'm learning as I go. Currently I have 5 jars of LC that were inoculated from my cleanest & healthiest agar dishes; my oldest is about 16 days old. I've been keeping mine in the inoculation box where the temp seems to hover between 72 and 76 degrees F.   It seems like some people keep theirs on a book shelf, some keep it warm, and some recommend the fridge? By the way, I use marbles in a couple and chunky broken glass pieces in the others - the LC with the glass in it is performing better to break up the agar than the marble in my opinion.  

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!