• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:22 AM

What's up fellow psychonauts it's been a while since I posted my first grow attempt was lack luster to say the least a grow of another kind brought bad stuff with it but thanks to a close family member also a member here I'm able to take another shot at it just looking for input on case / no case and wether or not vermiculite alone is a viable casing tek any advice will help I've spent countless hours reading and researching I know there are more options but I cant afford them and must use what I have available thanks in advance

#2 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:42 AM

Just a vermiculite casing layer will work. The fruits will get a little bit more messy with more vermiculite on them - but that shouldn't be a real problem. Lots of people do it this way. You can use vermiculite alone as a substrate matieral as well.

About the case or not case - people have different opinions on that. It is not necessary, but it can help for sure, that's just up to you to decide. A vermiculite casing is trickier to keep the humidity right on, without casing it is easier to spot when it is too wet or too dry.

Cheers

Edited by RutgerHauer, 10 January 2020 - 05:43 AM.

#3 Maddmyco

Maddmyco

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

I feel until I'm a more experienced grower, I'm going no case for the same reason RutgerHauer said, and once you case you're kinda running blind. Also, I think a casing layer is more circumstantial than it is to case or not to case. I'm interested to hear feedback with regards of casing.

#4 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:23 AM

Thanks for your inputs my first grow wasn't horrible just didn't get a chance really wish I had known they add trich to soil lol

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!