#1 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:14 AM

Hello fellow shroomers ,

I want some experience opinions

So last month I've had arm surgery and they drugged me so badly that i fall asleep during surgery.
When i woke up i was so relaxed,didn't give shit about anything so happy and calm but when the anesthesia stopped working I felt anxiety chest pain etc.... I didn't have anxiety or panic attacks for 7 years and 5 days ago I went on a trip to visit my family and first day was great, but second day when I woke up i had this bad panic attacks one after another I didn't have any benzos on me so i started drinking beer I chugged 6 of them and I was ok. But ever since when i woke up i feel this bad bad anxiety and always thinking about having panic attacks, it's the worst thing I've ever experienced.
Went to doctor she gave me Xanax 0,5 mg and I must take 2-3 during day and I have appointment to psychiatrist in one week ,and I'm scared that he doesn't prescribe me some antidepressants or something like that because I FUCKING hate pills.

I'm growing my shrooms ATM and was wandering can 1-2 g's of shrooms help me or I can tottally freak out of panic attacks on a low dose.

Thank you all for helping me guys i'm only 25 y old.

Peace

• Coopdog likes this

#2 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:52 AM

I wouldn't take 1-2 grams of shrooms. That would likely only cause you problems.

I'm crazy enough to take 9 grams and try to fight my way through it and defeat it, but that is highly inadvisable! :laugh:

Don't do any psychedelics without a sitter, in your condition.

I certainly wouldn't take xanax, alcohol, or antidepressants. Those are highly addictive and relying on them is psychologically unhealthy.

Some people would take a micro-dose of shrooms, like a tenth of a gram or whatever is just below what you can feel. I have no experience with that.

What I would do, and you probably don't want to hear this, is to make friends with the anxiety attack.

You've had them, they didn't kill you, the next one wont kill you. Your clearly stronger than them, even if it doesn't feel like it.

When you have one sit down, close your eyes, breathe steadily with your attention on the sensation of breathing, and just allow the anxiety to happen.

It'll build up, the intensity and rush will be there, it'll peak, and it'll fade away. Don't fight it, don't beg for it to be gone, just let it happen and you might gain some understanding of it.

It doesn't have to touch your core.

And the better you understand it, the less it'll need to happen.

Good luck [and seriously, don't get hooked on pills or booze]

• Coopdog, Moonless and Cheebaman like this

#3 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:12 AM

I've done shrooms over 100 times  in my life,mostly by myself because no one can distract me I just like to take them alone at home and didn't have one single bad trip they helped me with my anxiety the body buzz and the feeling makes me calm on low doses like 1g or 2g the anxiety isn't problem i know it won't kill me , neither will panic attack but panic attack is serious problem i can't breath and i think i'm gonna die that i'm gonna blackout, i smoke tobacco for 10 years and i smoke weed for 8 years and now i can't even light one cigarette the panic comes, i was drinking beer everyday after work but it was like 1-2 beers and smoked a joint so i can sleep easier... I know that you can't die from it but that's my problem I can manage anxiety I have it always on the come up of a trip but it goes away in few minutes and I have really stress life and shrooms made me less anxious and made me happier after the trip,never done more than 2.5g of shrooms... but now i didn't trip for 3-4 months because I didn't have any shrooms and that anesthesia after surgery really bring me back my anxiety after 7 years...wish I never gone to this surgery. Don't worry I won't hook on benzos or xanax they gave me xanax 7 years ago when i had first panic attack they wanted for me to take them for 3 months and I took only few pills for a few days and throw them away. 

But thank you very much for your opinion and trying to help me ! 

Peace

• Coopdog likes this

#4 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:47 AM

Elrik gives good advice. I have had some years of panick/anxiety attacks and they went away by becoming mindful of them and realizing how my own thoughts and behavior made them arise by certain external triggers.

For me it had to do with being in awkward and uncomfortable social situations as well as getting revved up about people around me at work. The situations I was in triggered certain thoughts, which trigger certain behaviors like breathing in the wrong way, or doing my work in a stressful way - which resulted in hyperventilating and triggered an attack of some sorts several times where I just had to get outside and take a walk to cool down because all the anger and unease that had built up - sometimes the hyperventilating became too overwhelming to go outside and all I could do was sit out that attack.

In social situations I had the same restless response with more anxiety linked to it (I experienced this several times on acid as well, including the last time I had that kind of thing) - which resulted in really going into myself and not expressing my thoughts and issues, and the physical feeling of needing to throw up and afraid I was going to pass out. Often times I did, and often times there was booze and weed involved.

Lots of these attacks had also to do with not taking care of myself well enough, stuff like not eating and sleeping enough made these things worse and on top of that drinking and smoking (weed). Thoughts become less controllable for those reasons and it is hard o be mindful of it when it happens if you are not stable mentally and physically. Smoking tobacco or weed raises your heart rate and I have often mixed that up with the feeling of anxiety, something else to note..

Hope you find a way to get past these attacks, they won't go away instantly but will reduce over time if you let them.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 12 January 2020 - 07:09 AM.

• Coopdog, Moonless, ElrikEriksson and 1 other like this

#5 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:01 AM

Guys I really but really  cant say how much I'm thankful and grateful for your advice I really don't wanna freak out or GOD FORBID  end up in mental hospital. I must start to workout when my arm get well and start living healthier I've gain 20 kilos in 2 years how i broke my arm and my body has never been such disgrace !

Talking to you guys made me more relaxed than talking to doctor! 

REALLY THANK YOU

• RutgerHauer and Moonless like this

#6 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:13 AM

I know how that feels man.. The time I had those attacks I had also gained 30 kilos at a certain point while I had always been a skinny guy. I said before I wasn't eating enough, but it was more that I wasn't eating enough of the right stuff and too much of the wrong kind.

I have lost all those kilos in the last few years and am now fitter and healthier than when I was a teenager. You can do the same, I know that for sure.

• Coopdog, Moonless and Cheebaman like this

#7 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:23 AM

I'm glad you did overcome all of that! U guys are really nice people. I've been sports man all my life football 10 years and taekwondo 10 years both at the same time and in last 7 years my friend died in car accident i survived and since then I'm like depressed but the main thing i can't understand is that i didn't have panic attack 7 years and it came back with no reason at all I thought it will be gone for ever and here it comes again -.- . And my problem is i'm addicted to tobacco and i smoke weed everyday for 8 years and now I can't do any of that and i'm nervous but i  know i must stop smoking all of that.

Ty guys one more time!!!

• Coopdog likes this

#8 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:50 AM

That is rough man, I can't imagine losing a friend like that, no wonder you stopped taking care of yourself after that, it's easy to go that route.

The last time you had panic attacks could still be somewhat connected to your current problems, something that links that time with your current situation, so it might not be as weird as you think. I'm not one to analyse another's issues so I won't dig deeper than that. Might not be necessary to do that at all. Sometimes things can return for no reason, but sometimes they do have a logical reason to pop up again.

I have smoked grams of weed everyday for over 10 years and have had some periods where I quit, but sought comfort in other nasty habits instead - like stuffing myself with food and wine. Only recently I have quit them all, except for tobacco - that is the last one to go out of the door soon. Not being able to smoke weed can be very nerve wrecking if you are so used to it. For me it had connected itself with every part of life so when I had to get sober it always got me nervous - thoughts like can't I really do this ever again? And I think I need it, it helps me cope.. These kind of thoughts made it hard for me to deal with giving those things up. This was also part of me having panic attacks.

I so much identified with weed, I subconsciously thought I was weed and there was no seperation between me and it. No wonder I would get afraid about the thought of having to give that up: What then would be left of me? I didn't know myself without it I thought.  It

Itwas also very scary to get back into sober life, because the state of being high and stoned all the time had become my new standard - and really getting sober felt like going into an altered state of mind permanently like I was taking a drug. All those fears made it really hard for me until now. I feel very differently about it now and think I am alright without it. It also is a question of becoming mindful of your real state: Am I really worse of without it, how do I feel right now? Often times you can conclude it is pretty much alright. :biggrin:

• Moonless and Cheebaman like this

#9 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:20 AM

I totally get you mate! Quitting everything at the same time is VERY VERY hard especially when you don't have supportive friends or family,all of my friends drink snort coke every weekend get into fights almost everyone is dealing something but here it's normal thing but i'm sick of that... I've been smoking like maniac but last few years here in my country we have the shittiest weed ever I've seen it's brown-black Albanian piece of shit and it get's you really depressed ... weed should be GREEN not BLACK hahaha 

I did quit smoking tobacco for 3 months but i was smoking 3-4 joints per day and I could manage to handle life without tobacco but now i can't take a hit of cig or joint the anxiety comes up haha and i quit drinking beer i think the beer was like benzo chugging few of them through day made me relaxed but I've decided to throw all bad things away and become sport man once again! And personally i think tobacco is the worst thing ever invented! :D

• RutgerHauer likes this

#10 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,104 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:30 AM

never done more than 2.5g of shrooms...

Then you're going to be really surprised when you make the leap to 5+g and actually "trip." Really, really surprised. 

Here are some posts that detail what I've learned about dosage over the years that you might find helpful when planning your next, or rather your first, trip:

https://mycotopia.ne...-4#entry1264736

https://mycotopia.ne...z/#entry1338689

• Cheebaman likes this

#11 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

TVCasualty 

My man I would like that more than anything else in my life but I'm so so scared to take that high dose especially I can't find one GOOD sitter for that kind of trip! :( And doing it alone 5g+ I think that's not good idea :D

#12 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,104 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

I've never had a sitter, even for my very first trip ever which was 7 dry grams of indoor-grown cubes (I had no idea how to dose them at the time; I figured a bag was one dose since I said they were just for me). I did that while living at home with my parents asleep upstairs and I did not wake them up (somehow, lol).

If the setting is chosen well then I think sitters are superfluous. And a bad sitter would be worse than none in most cases, I'd imagine.

Also, very large "full-spectrum" doses (I don't like the word "heroic" since it ain't the right word for this at all) are completely unlike low or mid-range doses in terms of effects. You could also take a large dose with the lime juice pre-soak (detailed in many threads around here) which can boost the peak but also shortens how long the effects last, which I really like (it's my favorite method of consuming fungi by far). The soak works for any size dose and is also great for eliminating nausea if that's an issue.

• ElrikEriksson and Cheebaman like this

#13 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:24 PM

Well man i would like to have mind and mindset like you! You are crazyyy but in a good way don't get me wrong! :D I've never had nausea from mushrooms i kinda like their taste haha... but my main point man is what to do if i get panic attack while tripping :D? with anxiety i can handle because i just feel little worried but when that fucking panic attack come well that's where problem starts because i can't breathe and that's the worst feeling I get while having a panic attack and my body starts numbing even my teeth numb haha I feel weak and like i'm gonna pass out.

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,104 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:49 PM

You ride it out knowing it will end and you'll be fine. This is also a good reason to stick to psychedelics that can't kill you from overdosing since thinking you might be in real trouble from taking too much or whatever is pretty scary but knowing you're on mushrooms and that they won't hurt you helps a lot.

The most important thing is to Know Thyself, as the saying goes. Sounds like you do, so it's probably the case that you should have a trustworthy sitter present when you go big if for no other reason than to be a reassuring presence. The mere presence of someone else may prevent anxiety that being alone might have caused.

For what it's worth, one of the fascinating effects of psilocin that has been observed in brain scans is that it inhibits fear processing in the amygdala. Which means it's more likely to prevent a panic attack than induce one. But don't tempt fate by tripping in sketchy places since one thing that can set off a very unpleasant experience is tripping real hard where we're not comfortable being exposed. Like in public.

If I only have time to tell someone one thing before they embark on a high-dose mushroom trip it's to do it where you would feel comfortable hanging out completely naked for 6 hours. Not that you'll tear your clothes off if you're not normally prone to doing that, but it's very close to the level of visibility and vulnerability you tend to feel during a heavy trip so if you feel safe somewhere naked you'll probably feel safe there on fungi. This is also why so many of us prefer tripping under the covers in our warm comfy beds at home, lol.

• coorsmikey, ElrikEriksson and Cheebaman like this

#15 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:08 PM

Unless you have serious issues with your heart or a history of stroke the worst thing a panic attack can do to you is make you pass out, as you say.

If you were to pass out your body would automatically relax, your breathing would become easier, and when you woke up you'd be past the worst part.

I wasn't joking when I said I'd be very tempted to take 9 grams and face it head-on. It would probably be very challenging, and would require balls of steel, but that's why I'm a soulflyer to begin with: to face the most raw and exposed manifestation of my inner self and survive. I feel most alive when testing the very limits of perception and cognition to better understand what really constitutes 'me', that doesn't mean just the good parts of a trip.

I've also never had a sitter, at the best I had a tripping buddy for just over a year in highschool, and I'm not shy about high doses.

At times I've had powerful anxiety, and even episodes of panic [mostly with high dose pharmahuasca :laugh:] but I've trained myself to trust myself and know that whatever happens I can get through it.

Facing down anxiety and panic, whether in meditation or on psychedelics, really does train the mind to experience less in the future.

Heck, two weeks ago I very nearly broke my foot while on 14 grams. For a flash panic tried to jump in but I saw it and knew I was stronger and I would survive. The panic didn't have a chance after that and I calmly inspected my foot and confirmed that the bone didn't break.

I'm still limping though, I should just stay in bed when tripping that hard :laugh:

• Cheebaman likes this

#16 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:18 PM

I know pills like Xanax are really really bad for your mind but these few days they've helped me a lot and i'm not taking high dose ,doctor gave me 0.5g to take 2-3 times a day... first day i took 3 of them and today i just took 3 times 0.25g and I'm gonna stop using them in few days i promise you guys!!

I've been taking shrooms 1-1.5 grams when i go on a fishing trip with my buddy not over because we'r in public and we smoke a lot of weed because we smoke weed 8 years every day  but the experience is beautifull, but every time i'm taking them I take them alone in my bedroom and chill out with music or watch some trippy movies like Alice in Wonderland or The nutcracker and four realms, The Great Wizard Of Oz and Planet Earth I can't describe to you how happy I was watching them I felt like little kid again and everything was so amazing.

I can't describe man how happy I am that you have written this to me and to all of you that support me , you managed to calm me down more then any of my stupid friends who never experienced panic attack they are all laughing telling me you'r big pussy etc....until one of them snorted so much coke and ended in hospital and now he's on xanax for 3 months and now he's realized what it's like ! We don't have real friends we'r all just boys from the hood that know each other since we were little but I can't tell anyone to be true friend!

And one more question I have one cake i've dunked 12 days ago and i put it in FC  and 2 days ago only 3 little pins are out and they didn't grow more at all... any suggestions what to do? 

And sorry for my english i'm not best at it! 

Peace to you all

#17 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:22 PM

14gs nice going man i think i'd freak out hahaha... I'm not so scared to take them well I am a little but I'm always thinking what if I stay freaked out after such HIGH trip and that i wouldn't come to normal thinking after that or end up in a mental hospital haha after all i've been through that would be GRAND FINALE! haha

Ty once more to all of you I wish i could repay you somehow!

#18 Cheebaman

Cheebaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:25 PM

And no i don't have hearth problem I've done EKG of hearth and X-ray of lungs and hearth a month ago before surgery did blood picture and everything was fine

#19 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:25 PM

I wouldn't take 1-2 grams of shrooms. That would likely only cause you problems.
I'm crazy enough to take 9 grams and try to fight my way through it and defeat it, but that is highly inadvisable! :laugh:
Don't do any psychedelics without a sitter, in your condition.
I certainly wouldn't take xanax, alcohol, or antidepressants. Those are highly addictive and relying on them is psychologically unhealthy.
Some people would take a micro-dose of shrooms, like a tenth of a gram or whatever is just below what you can feel. I have no experience with that.

What I would do, and you probably don't want to hear this, is to make friends with the anxiety attack.
You've had them, they didn't kill you, the next one wont kill you. Your clearly stronger than them, even if it doesn't feel like it.
When you have one sit down, close your eyes, breathe steadily with your attention on the sensation of breathing, and just allow the anxiety to happen.
It'll build up, the intensity and rush will be there, it'll peak, and it'll fade away. Don't fight it, don't beg for it to be gone, just let it happen and you might gain some understanding of it.
It doesn't have to touch your core.
And the better you understand it, the less it'll need to happen.

Good luck [and seriously, don't get hooked on pills or booze]

im gonna have to try this 9gs out... Cuz theres no fighting when i eat the boomers.
I dont have a comparison to lsd bc it does not effect me. I have enjoyed some dmt though

Any comparison to dmt?

#20 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:52 PM

Hello fellow shroomers ,

I want some experience opinions

So last month I've had arm surgery and they drugged me so badly that i fall asleep during surgery.
When i woke up i was so relaxed,didn't give shit about anything so happy and calm but when the anesthesia stopped working I felt anxiety chest pain etc.... I didn't have anxiety or panic attacks for 7 years and 5 days ago I went on a trip to visit my family and first day was great, but second day when I woke up i had this bad panic attacks one after another I didn't have any benzos on me so i started drinking beer I chugged 6 of them and I was ok. But ever since when i woke up i feel this bad bad anxiety and always thinking about having panic attacks, it's the worst thing I've ever experienced.
Went to doctor she gave me Xanax 0,5 mg and I must take 2-3 during day and I have appointment to psychiatrist in one week ,and I'm scared that he doesn't prescribe me some antidepressants or something like that because I FUCKING hate pills.

I'm growing my shrooms ATM and was wandering can 1-2 g's of shrooms help me or I can tottally freak out of panic attacks on a low dose.

Thank you all for helping me guys i'm only 25 y old.

Peace

any amount of shrooms can help. Start at a low dose and see if that helps you.
the thing about what you are looking to try is that you are going in a medicinal direction, dont try to party on your medicine or you chance the medicinal quality to disappear.

Im a mom of an anxiety ridden 22 y/o, and i too have suffered with it over the years.

Things that are helpful to me... B12 and making sure my vitamin and mineral content is good. Go get blood work done and ask the dr about what if anything is going on. You can't possibly eliminate everything if you don't cover the basics first.

Second, what goes in.. Caffeine? High fructose corn syrup? Chemical McBurgerWendys?
Are you feeding the machine properly? Min of 2 meals and several snacks a day? Whole foods?
I know it sounds hippie dippy but a 2 cycle engine wont run on just oil.

Third... Sleep.. Do you sleep well? Sleep apnea, night shift jobs, not having a routine to help that natural calm down time (no cell phone in bed, no tv on while you sleep)

Breathing helps also. Not hyperventilating breathing but calm oxygen taking in breaths. Think along the way of laamaze breathing. Calm and focused. Try 50 (a lady once told me she spent over a million dollars on her mental health and that the ONLY thing she found was 100 deep laamaze breaths was her key note)

Lastly, make sure it isnt environmental anxiety that is upon you. My parents were(&and still are) the center of the reason why i have this awful problem.
I hope you find a way to cope with this. Dont lose hope kid.
  • Cheebaman likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!