• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:04 AM

Hey guys been a while since I posted recently finished my first grow with ok results just wondering if anyone else cases rez effect before colonization? Seemed to work great for me currently have two mini monotube going don't the same way as the tray crumbled cakes mixed with field capacity verm cased with seed started and covered any input is appreciated first strain was b+ going with gt's this time

Attached Thumbnails

• received_955738971470320.jpeg
  • received_536899353914837.jpeg
  • received_606295379901563.jpeg

#2 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:12 AM

Also the reason I did it this way is because I couldn't keep moisture in the verm and colonization had completely stopped after 5 days so with as much proper sterility as I could I rehydrated the verm mixed around well and cased with pasturized seed starter here's what it looks like after 2 days

#3 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:12 AM

Also the reason I did it this way is because I couldn't keep moisture in the verm and colonization had completely stopped after 5 days so with as much proper sterility as I could I rehydrated the verm mixed around well and cased with pasturized seed starter here's what it looks like after 2 days

#4 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:29 AM

The seed starter is a poor choice for casing material due to its density and if over watered it turns to mud and also greatly limits fae to the underlining mycelium.

With the rez effect just adding a layer of verm over top will give you better results and yes you can just dunk the substrate to rehydrate it, no need to stir it up by mixing, if its stalled it could be due to bacteria or mold.

#5 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:12 AM

I think it stalled because the verm i used was to fine and compacted like a brick Think it's been 4 days now since I mixed and cased crappy camera but here's some pics seems to be doing good first pic is a dubtub second is a mini monotub

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200114_025814.jpg
  • 20200116_020530.jpg

Edited by Microdosemike, 16 January 2020 - 02:15 AM.

#6 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:43 PM

Begging to think your right about the bacteria/mold no smells out of the ordinary and nothing visibly wrong just going to let it go and see what happens hopefully it turns out alright don't have a way to get more spores so if it fails this will probably be the end of my short stint in mycology lol

#7 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:57 AM

Props to fung for offering to help me keep this hobby alive thanks man

#8 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:51 AM

N/p

I was a big supporter of the fsr's before they went down for whatever reason.

#9 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:04 AM

So it isn't much but here you guys go sorry if pics suck have about 10 all around the tote no master grower here but at least it wasn't a complete fail forgot to mention I was given two 1qt jars spawned from a clone that started this adventure from dabluebonic here on this website shout out to you to man see you soon

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200118_084929.jpg
  • 20200118_084921.jpg

#10 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

Yeah man just dont love it to death! When the fruits come in they will tell you what they need (if anything).. Ive learned so much from these guys here i cannot thank them enough.

#11 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:03 PM

So things are going well plenty of primordial growth just seems like they stopped maturing have couple fruits in both my tubs just wondering if it can take a while to get from primordia to mature fruits

#12 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 810 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:33 PM

Depends what the genetics have to say, plenty of primadora will form but only some will produce pins and only some pins will reach maturity.

Takes about 7-14 days for pins to reach full maturity for p.cubensis.

#13 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:46 PM

Figured that's what it might be dabluebonic made the clone he said that the cake it grew from didn't really produce that well honestly I'm just glad I've made it this far can't wait to start again doing reasearch into cardboard cloning might give it a shot

#14 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:02 PM

Adjusted polyfill for fae and in a few hours we have this ( the close up shows what the rest of the tub looks like both mini mono and dubtub are like this)

Attached Thumbnails

• received_221975478807179.jpeg
  • received_579053695978088.jpeg

#15 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:14 PM

Some better pics today injected 20cc sterile water to each tub to rehydrate as my sub is only 2" thick and the fae adjustment has dried them out

Attached Thumbnails

• received_1581526578679243.jpeg
  • received_251518932480572.jpeg

#16 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:59 PM

P.cubensis should still fruit just fine in a low f.a.e environment. It's the soil that you used as a casing layer that's the problem since it doesnt retain as much moisture as coir/verm and when hydrating it turns muddy. It should still work but defiantly the problems your having is due to the casing itself.

When I fruit p.cubensis I just put a layer of cling wrap over top of the bin, tape it in place and poke a bunch of pencil/pin sized holes in it and everything fruits fine although sometimes the temperature and humidity exceed the recommended guidelines it still fruits without holes for f.a.e but gets enough f.a.e simply sitting there so that the fruits dont become terribly long with small caps which is what happens with p.cubensis and little to no f.a.e

You're problem could be associated to low r.h more so then f.a.e. it has to do with the soil being dense, ideally you want a spongent substrate/casing, soil is dense material.

#17 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:08 PM

Yeah I know that from my studies here in this site I'm just trying to make something happen from nothing really for those of us out there that can't afford or don't have access to certain supplies just know that it is possible to do don't give up if I can do it (although not to well) anyone can it's just a fun hobby gonna find morells and chicken of the woods this spring and summer and try growing themactually probably a better idea for people that aren't super confident find a shroom in the wild and identify it as long as you can be sure it's not deadly try growing it not saying eat it just grow it and get some practice before you invest a lot of money might sound stupid Idk just some food for thought

#18 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:17 PM

Also This site is an amazing place to learn but it's also very conflicting on some of the information it would be helpful to just have a noob section that's easy to find and follow we know we're noobs and I and most know that our questions have been answered a million times but it's still nice to have feedback from people that have the experience p.s. just tried some of the golden teachers and in my feels lol

#19 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:00 PM

Also funG I'm using tubs that were made for 4" sub so I feel like there's to much co2 build-up as I only have a 2" sub I'll take pics in the morning of the bigger fruit so you can see the "fuzzy" foot effect on the stem and from what I've read here to much co2 will stunt growth of pins at least that's what I've gathered but who knows these things grow wild and mother nature doesn't always supply the most reliable weather so why should we?

#20 Microdosemike

Microdosemike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:53 AM

Update pics sorry the ones so cloudy but you can see the biggest fruit pretty clear

Attached Thumbnails

• received_598990997340606.jpeg
  • received_858078191317054.jpeg

Edited by Microdosemike, 21 January 2020 - 09:54 AM.

• macgyver and FunG like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!