2 replies to this topic

#1 Theinvitrowalrus

Theinvitrowalrus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:30 PM

Hello friends,
I used 12 G or regular bee honey and 288g of regular water.
I have an electric PC so i just set it to the setting i use for my PF jars for 15 min. After that I shot it with a few cc's of fiji ms spores. This was on 1/6/20. I have not noticed any growth. I heard the clumps of stuff in there are the protiens that bind together? Should I just give it another go?
thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200114_085557.jpg
  • 20200114_085503.jpg

#2 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:07 PM

I read that honey was actually contained natural anti-fungicides making it a poor choice for lc's

The sediment you're talking about is caramalized sugars. Lumps of sugar bonded together from the heat.

Almost the same thing

Try using just dextrose (corn syrup) works great for lc's and the water remains fairly clear....if you can, powdered dextrose (its white) makes the most clear lc and p.cubensis love it just as much as the next sugary food source.
  • Theinvitrowalrus likes this

#3 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:29 PM

I did some honey LC several months ago using a core I captured with a syringe from the middle of a Costa Rica stem. Growth was noticeable in two days. In fact, this clone is the basis for what I'm currently just finishing growing, after 6 flushes in mini-tubs. I did boil the solution before putting it in jars so I could decant it off the lumps you're talking about. Then I just PC'd the jars.

Conversely, I did try LC from a MS syringe in Karo and water and got nowhere with a few strains of cubes, but ps mexicana var jalisco from MS took off in the stuff.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!