• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AdventureCap

AdventureCap

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

Ok Everyone, I finally have something worth a fist post. First off, thanks for all the info on the site, i have had several successful PF Tek and monotub grows thanks to you. Here's the question. I spawned a 3 lb grain bag of Penis Envy to about a 5 lb coco coir and vermiculite substrate. The first flush was decent, but most grew in weird. (mushrooms upside down, mushrooms merged together, some just look like mushroom cap balls that never got off the ground), in fact the bulk of the tub looks like I threw a bunch of blueberry sized yellow balls all over the bottom of the tub. I did get some good fully formed mushrooms and a fair yield, but my question is...is this a normal thing for PE or did i do something wrong?

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,702 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:36 PM

Ok Everyone, I finally have something worth a fist post. First off, thanks for all the info on the site, i have had several successful PF Tek and monotub grows thanks to you. Here's the question. I spawned a 3 lb grain bag of Penis Envy to about a 5 lb coco coir and vermiculite substrate. The first flush was decent, but most grew in weird. (mushrooms upside down, mushrooms merged together, some just look like mushroom cap balls that never got off the ground), in fact the bulk of the tub looks like I threw a bunch of blueberry sized yellow balls all over the bottom of the tub. I did get some good fully formed mushrooms and a fair yield, but my question is...is this a normal thing for PE or did i do something wrong?

PE can have some weird fruits, so hard to say.. sounds like possible verticillium infection also.. welcome to topia

#3 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:12 PM

Pe are known to be unstable genetically, they're a true mutant of psilocybin cubensis. RR crossed p.cubensis Texan with pe to produce pe6 in order to stabalize the fruiting genetics but they lost there "penis" look. Just in case you wanted pe but more stable....

Isolating out a healthy fruiting strain on agar has always been recommended by everyone I've spoke with that has worked with them.

So yea, defiantly a normal trait of them.

#4 Choices

Choices

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:07 PM

I’m just birthed 3 cakes of A.P.E. and as stated in a previous post of mine the rizo growth is literally growing up off the cake in mid air. Quite a sight to see, so I’m learning the PE def have some odd traits. And maybe that it’s Albino it’s even odder. Fingers gross everything works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • PJammer24 likes this

#5 kexxt

kexxt

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:25 AM

I’m just birthed 3 cakes of A.P.E. and as stated in a previous post of mine the rizo growth is literally growing up off the cake in mid air. Quite a sight to see, so I’m learning the PE def have some odd traits. And maybe that it’s Albino it’s even odder. Fingers gross everything works out for you.

Wow, that sounds insane! Do you have any photos?

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,006 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:02 PM

This is normal... PE genetics are pretty shot at this point... Second flush typically has fewer of the mutant blobs and deformities...

I haven't had time to figure out which but either highly nutritious substrates or over hydrated substrates will cause more mutation... I had two runs with the same clone where one was ALL blobs and the other was very few... The first substrate I used more hpoo than normal and more verm... The second I used a little less than both than normal... I haven't had time to test my theory but I am pretty sure this plays a role and that mutant expression can be limited by adjusting the substrate mix...

#7 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,006 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:04 PM

The super aggressive rhizo you describe is not limited to PE strains... You just won the genetic lottery this round by the sounds of it... I have a couple clones that climb the bag and shoot up from the substrate and neither of them are PE related strains.

#8 Choices

Choices

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:22 PM

Good to know. Definitely putting to agar to keep it going.

#9 Kyngwhatt

Kyngwhatt

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:43 PM

I don't know if this is allowed but im having trouble finding PE6,APE and PE.

the old head websites don't have them . There is a particular source of spores has them but i'm unsure that its too good to be true because i've heard that PE variations don't really drop spores.

#10 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,259 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2020 - 12:53 AM

I don't know if this is allowed ......

Welcome Whatt !

You are a free member now, so you can post in all the forums. Asking where others have found specific genetics is allowed. However to trade you need to be VIP, and that is done in the trading forum.

Please familiarize yourself with the rules. There are not alot of them.

https://mycotopia.ne...199-site-rules/

Glad you found your way here

Edit: By Mikey: See this thread also      Spore Suppliers, Reliable Spore Vendors, Trusted Vendors, Discuss here only.    

Edited by coorsmikey, 07 March 2020 - 10:36 AM.

#11 Darkfatal7

Darkfatal7

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:38 AM

The p.e I grew out was wild. So many mutants and blobs. They have made a few different crosses that look very interesting. I'm going to try tidal wave soon

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!