#1 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:56 AM

Hey, this is mjshroomer, aka, 'Boomer,' 'Boomer1,' and 'Boomer2,' AKA: 'Someone of No Importance,' and 'Man of Knowledge,' who is also known 'Mushroom John,' whose real name is John W. Allen, and in the early 1960s went by the stage name of .Johnny York,' who smoked York cigarettes as my trademark name for my record with the Beatles. (See You tube for my record Part one of):: "Mighty the Squirrel Meets the Beables." 

The reason I have had several names at this site is that, over the years,when Hippie3 changed the skins for the site, or when the site had crashed, it was impossible to sign back in under the names we had used for years. 

When attempting to log in after several early crashes here and at Nan's Nook, and Drool Donkey, etc., it would tell one that someone already had that earlier name. So I would have to change my name here.  This happened on numerous occasions.  I was originally mjshroomer. Not MJ shroomer as some ex-shroomery goons use to refer to me as, The MJ being Michael Jackson, or Mary Jane or Marijuana.  And my name mjshroomer was for mushroom john, shroomer. 

As for the word, 'shroomer,'I may or may not have been the first online person to use the word shroomer.  Although I will be submitting a new word to Websters and to the Oxford Dictionary people for a word I first used in a 1998 article that appeared in Christian Ratsch's, Yearbook for Ethnomedicine and the Study of Consciousness Vol. 1 (See image with me from Zavtone magazine of people who lectured at the Psychoactivity Conference at the Tropen Museum in Amsterdam- Centerfold of magazine in Japanese and English). I spoke on mushroom art throughout the ages and on a girl who experienced a kind of dysphoric reaction to a small dose of P. cyanescens and a couple bottles of cheap campaign.  

I come to you today after three hours of attempting to log in. Last week I had Norton do some security work on my computer and the stupid kid deleted my histories and it knocked out all of my passwords,and deleted by accident my Word Dictionary which had all my Latin names of species and hundreds of chemical formulas that I had collected over the past 22 years online.  Now every time I type a word into my dictionary,.I end up retyping those words in other sites dictionaries as well. Especially Facebook. It also deleted all the accent marks on peoples names and now it is now letting me put those words back in with the accent marks (Facebook) I have to put each species name when I use it into the Face books stupid dictionary. 

So today, I was able to log in with a password sent to me by Mycotopia,

SO HOW DO I NOW CHANGE MY PASSWORD TO A WORD I CAN REMEMBER>

AT 79, I AM FORGETTING PASSWORDS AND PHONE NUMBERS AND ADDRESSES OF MANY PEOPLE BECAUSE I CANNOT REMEMBER NUMBERS VERY WELL IN MY OLD AGE>  AND I NEED TO MAKE A PASSWORD FOR MY USER NAME HERE

HELP ANYONE:  HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD? I CAN FIND NO PAGE HERE TO DO SO?.

And to everyone here:  Have a Shroomy Day.

A picture from the center fold of Zavtone Magazine.  The mag is too big to work in a normal scanner for a centerfold because the magazine is a bit larger than Life magazine.

See if  you can find me on this page. This is from a scan I made years ago where I had to be careful not to rip the spine of the magazine apart. An over sized mag which was hard to scan to get the photos any better than this.  I am in one of the pictures on this Centerfold. This is at 14 inches wide AND 9 1/2 inches high at 150 DPI (Dots Per Inch).  So you can have a poster made if you like.

mjshroomer / man of knowledge

PsychoactivityPoster-1300DPI-2abcMycotopia-1.jpg

• RutgerHauer likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,060 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

HELP ANYONE:  HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD? I CAN FIND NO PAGE HERE TO DO SO?.

Welcome back John! You are always missed in your absence.

Try this link change you password to one that you can remember. Email & Password

Funny that you mention the troubles with the antivirus, the moment I stopped using any antivirus software was when I stopped getting virus'. Of course that was when I quit Windows as well so maybe that doesn't say much.

#3 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 543 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

Hey mjohn,

Sorry to hear about your computer. Thats a real bummer! :( You might want to look into getting a cloud storage or an external hard drive for the documents you need to save, even a usb drive will work. As for the passwords thats a real bummer that your passwords got lost! I hate when that happens, best of luck getting them all back.

I cant seem to find your album on youtube but i've think ive found you in the magazine are you in red hoodie?

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,706 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:51 PM

welcome back john  :biggrin:

#5 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,059 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

Welcome home MJ!

Damn good to hear from you!

We go back to the days of Drool Donkey and beyond. I'll be 65 in March so you have a few on me but that's good because you have taught me a lot in the early days along with Billy (PF) and Hippie3.

Look forward to hearing from you!

All you other peeps should know John Allen has brought over many, many of the Thai strains you enjoy from the spore vendors.

One of only a few that held DEA permits to handle and study the magical mushrooms! 

Edited by roc, 20 January 2020 - 03:10 PM.

• -=Zeus=- and Moonless like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!