• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:37 PM

Hi topiates. Not grown for a while as I've been extracting the medicine DMT but getting the calling again for the oldest known medicine mushrooms.so just getting a few supply's and spores. I will be doing a grow log on this thread so stay tuned pull a chair and enjoy the grow show. Going to be growing Aa+
  • PJammer24, adrian118, ElPirana and 5 others like this

#2 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 05:43 PM

Welcome back
  • shakid and CapsNcalyxeS like this

#3 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:14 PM

Fun, my chair is pulled up. Love a grow log

Glad to have you here :)

• shakid likes this

#4 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 551 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

Always good to start growing again!
  • shakid and macgyver like this

#5 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:51 PM

Thank you guys!spores are finally on there way.within the next couple of days I should have them!I done a bit of supply shopping i.e popcorn,straw,aquarium heater(for tit incubator)microspore tape.

I still got a few things that I need which I will buy tomorrow.its all coming together.i gonna germinate my spores by making an LC using just honey ,4ml of honey every 100ml of water.

It's been a long wait for payday this month It has finally arrived.i can now get this show started.
  • ElPirana and Misfit like this

#6 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 972 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:04 PM

You may want to stear clear of popcorn, its performance is medicore compared to all other whole grains. I've been using it the past year, wasnt to impressed.

It works if you're goal is some mushrooms for you and a small group of friends ;)
  • ElPirana, macgyver and Fungi2b like this

#7 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:22 PM

I've had some great success with popcorn,very easy to acquire ,near on impossible to over hydrate ,very quick to colinise .it hasn't got as many inoculation points compared to other grains but I like it.its what I first learnt and know so I'm not gonna fix if it's not broke.

If I have successfully got some spawn for my bulk substrate ,I might try some other grains and if they fail I wouldn't be so wounded.

What grains would you recommend ? and what are the pros and cons of using the recommended grains? Thank you for taking the time to offer advise I need as much as I can get. PEACE!!!!!!!

#8 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 972 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:22 AM

Rye grain

Its cleaner than wild bird seed so it's easier to prep.

You can get some pretty clean brands of bird seed still but if you want to keep things cheap then be prepared to rinse the hell out of wbs and shake out the clumps after pc'ing.

The pro's to using rye or wbs are significant yields.

What would you rather do, wait 21-30days for popcorn to be fully colonized and only get 2oz+ or wait the 21-30 days for rye or wbs to colonize and get 10+oz's per the same amount of jars...

It's just logical, I had some good runs with popcorn too but as soon as I got my PC figured out I'm right back to wbs :)

#9 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:10 AM

Hi, welcome back. I'm new here myself. I love aa+ and I have a comfy chair.
  • Nicked likes this

#10 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:20 PM

Today is the start of this grow I just pced 3 jars of 4% honey in water for 20mins just waiting to cool so I can inoculate with ms spore Aa+ wish me luck
  • FunG likes this

#11 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:22 AM

It's been 4 days since I innoculated 3 jars of a very simple LC recipe with a ms Aa+ syringe .all jars are showing growth in them I'm very pleased at how fast they germinated.
  • ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#12 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:43 AM

IMG_20200219_071351_HDR.jpg

#13 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM

Hard to see, try to bottom light the jars next time you take a pic. I use a light bar like this.
20200217_142651.jpg
  • ElPirana likes this

#14 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:17 AM

IMG_20200222_060516.jpg IMG_20200222_060505.jpg
Some very aggrisive myc so pleased.i am going to prepare some grains tomorrow it will take me 24 hours,has anyine tried a 4% sugar mix with soaking there grains and soften with it ,any thoughts???

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20200222_060505.jpg

• ElPirana and Fungi2b like this

#15 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:45 PM

Thought I'd would wright down how I prep my Pop corn grain as it might help others .first step is to soak for 24 hours do not skip this step as there could be endospores that if you were just to pc they would survive but by soaking it will cause them to germinate once they germinate they won't survive the pc run, next put them in a sauce pan and simmer for about 50 mins or till soft and can easily be squished between forefinger and thumb.after that rinse in a sieve or colander with boiling water rinse really well and with boiling water.then pour out onto a tea towel spread around so there are no piles and let the surface dry if done straight from rinsing with boiling water it won't take long as the steam evaporates off.if you push your hand onto the grain if more then five stick it's not ready.then load your jars and p.c for 1hour and 30mins leave to cool shake then inoculate

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!