4 replies to this topic

#1 yeahben

yeahben

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:12 PM

Hi everyone! 
Id like to say thanks for having me on here from what I've read its a great bunch on here. Im fairly new to the world of psilocybin mushrooms i haven't grown any before just picked them. I'm from east coast of Australia where after some rain in spring, summer and autumn they can be found in nearly every cow paddock. I found some gold tops (P. Cubensis) last year and experimented with low doses which was great! And with the left over did some micro doses which was also really nice. This season we've just got rain after months of no rain and bush fires! Annnnd there is mushrooms popping up everywhere.

I live next to a guy who has beef cattle and this year instead of gold tops I've been finding these (images attached). From what i can tell they are psilos but unsure of what kind, I've done a bit of investigating and don't think they are cubensis as they don't have an annulus they are much smaller, stems are very skinny and dark on some I've found, no umbo but when they're dried some seem to show some sort of umbo but not sure if that's relevant, the spore print is black. But they definitely bruise blue, And the smell just like cubensis. They also have a blue trim around the edge of the cap. The lighter is a large size bic for reference.

I was thinking maybe they are Psilocybe chuxiongensis but they are an Chinese mushroom, seems to be the only thing that's similar. I found a couple last year but didn't eat them cause i was unsure, I showed a friend and he said they're blue meanies but, i looked into them and couldn't really get a definitive answer. Aussies nickname EVERYTHING so it makes it difficult. I showed the same guy some goldies and he said they are blue meanies also so im hesitant to take his advice haha. So i practiced the saying if in doubt through it out. 

Any leads or help would be greatly appreciated, Because these ones are prolific this year and would like to get a stock going if i can for a couple of small doses and more micro doses. 

Thanks for reading 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20200121_082752.jpg
  • IMG_20200121_082828.jpg
  • IMG_20200121_082851.jpg

• Cuboid likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,060 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

Nice score! I would be happy to find those anyday over cubes. It looks as you may have found some Panaeolus cyanescens. They have a much cleaner effect than cubes and you don't have to eat much.

• yeahben likes this

#3 yeahben

yeahben

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:19 PM

Nice score! I would be happy to find those anyday over cubes. It looks as you may have found some Panaeolus cyanescens. They have a much cleaner effect than cubes and you don't have to eat much.

Ohhh thanks heaps!!! just looked into them thats definitely it! Would you recommend using them at a half rate to cubes then? 

#4 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 817 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:52 AM

Blue meanies!! Those are supper strong spirited little guys:)
Great find!!

#5 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 817 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:54 AM

I find those around florida alot, ive know them as blue meanies also. Funny they have the same nickname halfway around the world

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!