Got a natural
  • Aur likes this

#22 Aur

Aur

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:00 AM

so, should I leave cased alone for a few days, or should I spray them a bit every day?

With tubs like those I feel like you're just asking to see who is paying attention. If I could grow tubs like I wouldn't be asking for advice but I sure would offer it.

thank you for your kind words Ripples, but I don't feel qualified to give advices since I'm in the dark with a lot of things, such as:

what to do with this casing now. I did read in the vaults about it, but it is always good to read about it from alive person doing it now, not somebody who did it 10-15 years ago :)

#23 DocOct

DocOct

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Free Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:36 AM

so, should I leave cased alone for a few days, or should I spray them a bit every day?

dont love them to death, if you are going to expose your cubensis mycelium to excess outside influences then at least leave them be while they do what they do best.

Also considering casing your subs as a part of spawning, there is no reason to do it after colonization, if you laymix this is not optional.

#24 Aur

Aur

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:52 AM

dont love them to death, if you are going to expose your cubensis mycelium to excess outside influences then at least leave them be while they do what they do best.
Also considering casing your subs as a part of spawning, there is no reason to do it after colonization, if you laymix this is not optional.

I hear you and agree, but think you didn't see picts from page 1 ... cased tubes are kept in a dark with lid closed, I don't look at them at all, and that is why I wonder should I let them be like that or maybe open and water every day ... ??

about laymixed yes ... did it all at once

#25 DocOct

DocOct

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Free Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:37 PM

I hear you and agree, but think you didn't see picts from page 1 ... cased tubes are kept in a dark with lid closed, I don't look at them at all, and that is why I wonder should I let them be like that or maybe open and water every day ... ??

about laymixed yes ... did it all at once
you shouldn’t need to water them, unless they are noticeable drying out.

I don’t check my subs while they are colonizing I let them run for 14 days then they are usually done, if they need more time I just wait another 7 days
  • Aur likes this

#26 Stencill86

Stencill86

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:53 PM

I’m getting a little confused to what casing is these days, back when I was growing before, a casing was applied after the tub was at 100% colonization just before fruiting.ive never used one, but I believe it was a mix made with a higher ph and no nutrients, I could be wrong tho. I’ve seen some pretty awesome grows like this, but it’s pretty old school it seems.
  • wharfrat, Aur and Fungi2b like this

#27 Aur

Aur

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

I’m getting a little confused to what casing is these days, back when I was growing before, a casing was applied after the tub was at 100% colonization just before fruiting.ive never used one, but I believe it was a mix made with a higher ph and no nutrients, I could be wrong tho. I’ve seen some pretty awesome grows like this, but it’s pretty old school it seems.

I agree with you, it looks like old school, or maybe people have stored great genetics so they don't need casing. I am doing it just to see what it is all about, so maybe I will move away from it as well.

In my mind I see three benefits of casing:

- even layer for better pinset

- protection from contams

- added moisture 

... won't know until I try it. Have an excellent opportunity since have cased/non cased tubes for comparison 

#28 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:30 PM

you are correct  :biggrin:

#29 Aur

Aur

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:38 AM

it is a day 4 since casing (and keeping it closed and in darkness) and putting others (from the same source) into the fruiting chamber.

The ones in FC are the same, at least they seem like that ... still early for them to knot, but looking beautiful anyhow 

IMG_20200208_140333.jpg

The cased ones are showing up ... not all surface at the same time ... I guess because the surface under the casing isn't flat

IMG_20200208_135736.jpg

IMG_20200208_135810.jpg

so I guess I should wait for the all surface of the casing to colonize before opening it up or??

#30 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 383 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:11 PM

Just my 2 cents I use casing it's a 50 50 mix that's p.h corrected and contains no nutes those 2 steps help protect from tams I p.h correct everything even my soak water for my grain. Maybe I'm behind the times but I wait to case until my sub is colonized. Everyone should know that evaporation is your main pinning trigger so I'm a firm believer in misting and fanning, no matter how you fruit them.
Your grows are looking great man.
  • Aur and Stencill86 like this

#31 Aur

Aur

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:13 PM

t

Edited by Aur, 16 February 2020 - 04:15 PM.

#32 Aur

Aur

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:53 PM

little update... there is a sidepin action. The casing looks great, but no action. I have tried to get it out of a box but casing is so soft I guess I would destroy it all so I left it like that05bf4b8134050498b7c1242a3a168acb.jpg

Poslano sa mog Lenovo TB2-X30F koristeći Tapatalk

#33 Aur

Aur

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:26 PM

little update, sidepin action got strong so I had to take it out somehow, but cased part looks like forming knots and a lot of them, so we'll see

IMG_20200220_205723.jpg

#34 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 383 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:38 PM

They will fruit in the pan the side pins will typically turn upwards towards light. Just info for future.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!