2-packs unflavored Knox gelatin
Sift together
Then sift in decarbed CO2

Put sifted mix back in pan, add 1/2C cold water and let sit 2 min to bloom

Cook over low heat until gelatin dissolves
Add 1-2-tsp vegetable glycerin

Pour into molds and let sit 6+ hours to set

Remove from molds and toss in sugar or sugar/citric acid if you'd like

The small squares are roughly 33mg and the unicorns are about 233mg.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191113_145608-1.jpg
  • 20191119_220147.jpg

Edited by YoshiTrainer, 30 January 2020 - 01:57 PM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#2 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:00 PM

Not sure why the pics posted upside down?

#3 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 809 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:54 PM

I'm familiar with trees in the traditional fumar form but recently have acquired a friend who cannot smoke. So I'm inquiring knowledge here any links or tips would be welcome. I'm asking.

She is looking for a method of ingestion that is more suitable like edibles. She can't smoke because of other chronic illnesses and it would be wise just to keep her lungs away from smoking due to possible future complications of her existing illness. Her doctor is suggesting she entertain an edible approach as well but again don't want her smoking. Plus for pain management if there is a benefit edible is her next step. I say this because she has smoked and felt it helped some but hard to determine so I'm looking for recipes.

I have high quality buds but am unsure about the CO2 keif decarbed part. I am kind of familiar with that process but not really. I don't wanna have to use the CO2 if I don't have to.  I'm gonna research it but,

Is there a way to take it from bud form to a form I can cook with bypassing the CO2 process? This is my question. Ill look around

Thanks man cool post

#4 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:01 AM

Hello Makinbones, I'm sorry to hear about your friend, hopefully edibles will be able to help her.

In the early years, I'd just crumble dried flower into cookie dough and baked. It seemed to work pretty darn well. A's time went on, I learned about making butters and oils, both very easy to incorporate into all sorts of cooking. You may also vary the strength of the butter or oil if a person has a lack of appetite.

Only in the past few years have I added CO2 kief to my repetoir. It is just dry ice chips in a Bubble Bag along with dry flower. If you can prefreeze your flower, that is even better. Over a clean flat surface start shaking, tumbling and otherwise agitating your CO2/flower mix in the bag. When you notice too much green coming out, that is usually a stopping point. Time to grab a bench scraper or credit card and pretend you are Tony Montana. Store it in an airtight container in the freezer.

If you dealing with a person who has a compromised immune system you can rinse your kief to make sure there isn't anything too scary on the weed like chems, spores, dirt. Depending on how much you made, you can place it in a mason jar w/cold water and a few ice cubes. Shake it, let it settle then pour off all but the remnants at the bottom. Do this a few times if necessary. Once it is clean, dump through a double layer of coffee filters. I usually put the puck of wet trichomes on a paper plate and allow to dry completely before storing.

Lastly I measure what I need for a recipe and decarb it in an over 225F for 45min. Some might disagree but IMHO, if you are going to mix it into a baked or cooked item, you can skip decarbing. For gummies, very necessary. With decarbed you could sprinkle some on pizza, bowl of cereal, ranch dressing, so long as there is fat or oil to help it absorb.

There is a gentleman on here that makes lip gloss for a sick loved one of his, perhaps another method to try?

Good luck!

#5 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,291 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:10 AM

I usually make mine with Green Dragon.

There is a thread here somewhere on how to make it.  Look in the archives.

I just make the Jello recipe with 1 pack plain Gelatin and one pack Jello mixed in 1/2 cup water.

Then bring it to just boiling, remove heat and stir in the Green Dragon.

The amount of Dragon is added to "suit Your taste", so to speak.

I fill my molds with an old used 10 ml syringe.

Green Dragon can be used a tincture and mixed into many things.

I prefer to put it in my drinks, but it doesn't taste as good as gummies.  :biggrin:

• YoshiTrainer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!