• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 11:31 PM

Gonna kinda cheat and do a lil copy paste here to start my first log so I'm sorry if some of this is repetive for anyone.

Hello board nice to meet you. My name is "fun" I have prior service in the mushroom militia and am a member of the cult of the mush. My two main areas of intrest and experience are working with cubes and extracting dmt. I enjoy agar work to attempt to isolate my own sub strains so I do all my own stunts. Happiness is a A-B extraction, and a full clean L.C. I still consider myself a noob I spent about a year learning and growing (both cubes and myself) before moving on to Tampensis (stones and fruit bodies) and d.m.t extractions. After gaining a lot of confidence in my techniques I had to take a break for a move and a few life changes. I had all intentions on starting right back up a.s.a.p but one thing leads to another and about 18 mths have passed and I find myself here. My old stomping ground is really quiet a.t.m and I'm looking to meet new and interesting ppl.

My current project is trying to revive my old l.cs that have been in the fridge for a year and a half along with a Petri dish with a tissue colony on it. I had 6 l.cs of a mix of different cubes and I make a bunch of w.b.s spawn jars to test them. 4 looked "o.k" (very subjective I know) 2 were shall I say "suspect". Tests were started Sunday and the first and only sign of life is in my Alacabenzi jar it started tuesday and is going strong. Tuesday I took the remainder of the Alacab and made a full round of w.b.s jars and noced them up and they all show life today. The final ccs went to a new jar of l.c. this will be all the actions taken for each of the old l.cs that I can revive.

Lastly the tissue sample, i had very lil hope for it to be honest being so old. The myc had shined over so I assumed it had dried out or died but I tossed it in the titi and crossed my toes. I checked on it today and was surprised to see that about 70% has seemed to recover it has become fuzzy and I see new rizo growth along some of the colony perimeter. Tomorrow will be a day of prepping w.b.s jars for wedges from this agar if it continues to do well and seems clean.

20200127_144239.jpg these are the jars I kinda trusted. 20200127_144348.jpg the"suspect" jars. 20200129_153959.jpg Tuesday after noc

IMAG0813.jpg I think this is what the Alacab l.c was made from but I may be wrong.
Tomo I'll take updated pics of the jars and try for a pic of the tissue sample.
Thanks for your time, any ?s, comments or Input is welcome.
  • RedOctober, peacefrog, DocOct and 3 others like this

#2 DocOct

DocOct

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Free Member
  • 507 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:43 PM

I’m also coming back from a 2 year break, and I also work with alacabenzis(personal favorite of mine)

I look forward to seeing how this goes for you.

Should have something going tomorrow just made 4 syringes last night my.
  • Fungi2b likes this

#3 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:36 PM

Thank you for your interest in my project, Alacab I find has wonderful visual effects. Another strain that's very similar imo is Burma yagoon it's fruits are very potent and have a much lower dry weight compared to Alacab due to being much less dence giving you more bang for your buck.

#4 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:43 PM

Today is day 4 for all but the first test jar. These are all less than optimal due to the amount if grains in the jars, but they were already made and in storage so I figured I'd use them up due to not thinking it would even be viable. Hindsight being 20-20 I should have just made new jars. I have good g.a with my lid set up so it might not make much of a difference until it comes time to shake them up.

Here r a few pics it's not much to look at.....yet.

20200201_182829.jpg 20200201_182952.jpg 20200201_183029.jpg 20200201_183142.jpg 20200201_183249.jpg 20200201_183404.jpg 20200201_183446.jpg
  • ElPirana likes this

#5 RedOctober

RedOctober

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:27 PM

Very interesting thread Fungi2b... Rooting for ya from the sidelines!

Few side questions:

In your experience how long do LCs remain viable in - 1) the fridge and 2) at room temp?

Same question for agar plates/slants?

(I've had prints germinate after 10+ years but never tested the others)

#6 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:44 PM

Thank you red for your interest and support.

I don't have a lot of experience to draw from due to this being the end of the first break I took but I'm very happy to share what info I have on the topic.

My personal experience thus far is 1/6 l.cs have shown growth after being in the fridge for 18 mths. The other 5 are duds so far.
The agar plate I assumed was a total loss because it shined over but after almost a week in my titi a nice portion has fuzzed up and I see new rizo growth around the perimeter.

This is the extent of my personal experience on the topic so far but that's the reason for this project to gain personal knowledge to share with the masses.

I was told by a "pro" grower that a clean l.c will stay viable for 2 years in the fridge and a year unrefrigerated. And that agar plates will last in the fridge a year as long as there is nutes left in it. And out of the fridge untill the plate is covered, soon after it will fruit on the plate.

I hope this info helps.
  • RedOctober likes this

#7 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:58 PM

Shook them Sunday night and today they look recovered.
20200204_154415.jpg

I have a concern with this jar tho, the bright white myc I strongly feel is cube but the other stuff is making my butt pucker up seeing it.

Any thoughts? 20200204_154650.jpg

#8 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 579 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:38 PM

Looks like you are getting right back into it Fungi2b, the top jars look great!

#9 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 550 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:21 PM

Thank you for your interest in my project, Alacab I find has wonderful visual effects. Another strain that's very similar imo is Burma yagoon it's fruits are very potent and have a much lower dry weight compared to Alacab due to being much less dence giving you more bang for your buck.

Burma Yangoon was the first I grew, loved them. I’d like to try Alacab soon, I’ve heard good things about it.

Jars are looking great Fungi, can’t wait to see how these progress!

#10 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:03 PM

Jars are looking nice the myc is tightening up pulling the grain away from the jars, so there about ready to birth. I'm excited.
The last few days I been really busy making spawn jars and sub and case jars, few rounds of each.
I found a Petri dish with a 2 year old sample of Tampensis I dropped a lil in 2 wbs jars AND ITS GROWING I am really surprised and excited.
So I was able to revive 2 outta about 6 samples I had I storage so far.
Gonna get agar agar at some point here soon so I can really get twerk. I love agar twerk.

#11 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:04 PM

Btw where is a good site to get agar agar cheap nowadays?

#12 DocOct

DocOct

• Free Member
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

Fungus fanaticus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fungi2b likes this

#13 DocOct

DocOct

• Free Member
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

Fungus fanaticus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
or eBay

#14 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:59 PM

Thank you bro I'll check them out.

I found a lil baggie that has 10 grams in it if I remember I'd have to add 250 ml of water to that to make it right?

#15 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:46 PM

I think the Alacab is ready to go.
received_608477756643406.jpeg
The 5th jar, the one that had me freaked out I birthed already to see what's up with it.
I grabbed some of the "fans" of myc that I was sure was cube and put them in wbs jars.
received_621533832004717.jpeg received_553440488851245.jpeg

Also made some l.cs @ 3-4% and dropped a few fans in those.
Also the old tamp agar sample is taking hold, this has me really excited its 2 yrs old.
Even the old tamp l.c looks like it's gonna pull through to pics soon for those but here is the agar.
received_210368656812934.jpeg received_222075252166186.jpeg
  • ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#16 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:21 AM

Today I birthed the rest of the Alacab jars. I debated wether to put all my eggs in one basket so to say and make a mono tub or make a few dubs, I decided I'd make a dub for each jar and see what comes up from each. I'm worried about one of them already cause one of the sub jars smelled a lil funny but it may have just been a cow shit jar for Tampensis that I didn't label. I use a lil black cow in my secret sub mixs but I use a lot in my tamp subs.
I did a 1 to 2 ratio In lined tubs covered them up and they are going in the closet and we will check one at the 5 day point probly.

A update on everything else
The Alacab clone on agar I found seems to be dead :( all the jars show 0 growth I'm gonna give them another 2 days then re-pc for future use if they still havnt taken hold.
Now as for the tamp agar it is awake and hungry as we saw yesterday I didn't take a pic today but it's expanding.
The tamp l.c is also showing promise I took a syringe full from the o.g jar and added it to a new l.c a few days ago and it took off here's a pic.
20200211_002303.jpg
When I made the new l.c I put a lil in some w.b.s jars and it's growing.

20200211_002803.jpg 20200211_002642.jpg
The Alacab myc transfers I added to w.b.s are all fanning out nicely. Please correct me if I'm wrong but by grabbing just 1 myc fan I am greatly narrowing down sub strains right? It's like with agar when you just cut out what looks like single colonies of myc.
The l.cs made from the myc fans are also taking off. It's at the top right of the jar.
20200211_002146.jpg
That's after 3 days I think.

So it looks like if all goes well I'm gonna be well stocked with l.cs of a really great cube and l.cs for a good stone producer. The tamp is fruitable but it can be a pain in the ass. I feel blessed or lucky that something made it this far, I have very lil hope for the other old samples everything I have tried has failed. So it looks like I gotta break out spores if I want variety.

Now that first jar I birthed (the one that maybe has lipstick mold) I did a 1 to 1 and used these
20200211_001828.jpg to make some cakes. They are about colonized it looks like.20200211_001756.jpg when they are done I'll either birth them old school p.f tek style or just case them as is.

All my work is done in front of the most ghetto flow hood on this site I bet. The first stage is a home air filter with a hepa filter upgrade. 20200210_232412.jpg it's got a ionizer or some shit in it but I don't think it does anything. The 2nd stage is a box with a larger hepa filter for a furnace of some sort.20200210_232451.jpg all held together with crushed hopes and dreams. 20200210_232426.jpg my theory is "it's better than nothing". So that's what's up with this lil adventure atm I hope you all enjoyed and got a laugh outta my f.h.
  • Mushinist, ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#17 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:13 AM

The Tampensis isn't gonna make it :( the l.c is tammed
Alacab is still going.
Myc transfers 20200217_143157.jpg going well.
The l.c. 20200217_142651.jpg they really took off.

The first round of Alacab jars were made into dubs because I was afraid to put them all together into a mono. They look about ready to case
20200219_004104.jpg
20200219_005024.jpg
When I spawned to sub I had that one sub jar that smelled a lil funny i should have trusted my gut and pitched it because the tub smells a lil funny but looks o.k so I don't know what to do. Here is a pic it's a lil behind the others because I don't keep it in the incu with the others.
20200219_005356.jpg

#18 DocOct

DocOct

• Free Member
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:33 AM

I love alcabenzis, vary aggressive, very effective.

Look for pointed caps when they fruit, mine allways show this trait

#19 DocOct

DocOct

• Free Member
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:35 AM

Also what do you mean by funny smell, if it has a fermented smell it should be able to recover in the sub. And even bacteria contamination can be reversed if spawned.

Molds and infections don’t really recover unless you take them outside for that real world fae.

#20 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:46 PM

It smelled deep and earthy but with a sweet stink. I thought it was just manure in the sub BUT my gut said it was wrong after I dumped it in. The spawn is running it and there wasn't any myc piss on top last night when I checked it just some spots that the myc hasn't colonized. I do t know if it was from a tam or being kept outta the incu.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!