23 replies to this topic

#1 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 449 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

To those who use grow tents, what is your set up like?

Did you need to buy a separate compatible shelving set up? What type of lights do you use in the tent? What is the best way to keep RH at the optimum level, and what about FAE?

Does this help combat contamination to a certain degree, If it is sealed up most of the time and not exposed to the normal ambient currents of air that a fruiting chamber would be?

How much does this kind of set up cost without going crazy?

I'm leaning towards doing mostly trays from here on. I'm thinking about how I want to set up my Martha-ish set up.

What other components am I missing here?

Might take me a while to do research and pull the trigger on anything, but I am curious about what people have done, that use the exact set up I have in mind.

Going to look around in the vaults too.

• Nicked likes this

#2 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 179 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:21 AM

Following this...
  • macgyver likes this

#3 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:14 AM

There are quite a few Martha teks. I was gonna set one up but never did. Following this also.
  • macgyver likes this

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,913 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:18 AM

To those who use grow tents, what is your set up like?

Did you need to buy a separate compatible shelving set up? What type of lights do you use in the tent? What is the best way to keep RH at the optimum level, and what about FAE?

Does this help combat contamination to a certain degree, If it is sealed up most of the time and not exposed to the normal ambient currents of air that a fruiting chamber would be?

How much does this kind of set up cost without going crazy?

I'm leaning towards doing mostly trays from here on. I'm thinking about how I want to set up my Martha-ish set up.

What other components am I missing here?

Might take me a while to do research and pull the trigger on anything, but I am curious about what people have done, that use the exact set up I have in mind.

Going to look around in the vaults too.

Tents help you to maintain RH and FAE but shouldn't make much of a difference with contamination rates... By the time things are fully colonized and going into the tent, they are pretty resistant to contamination.

I can't tell you exact prices but you can get one built pretty cheaply... There are super affordable small greenhouses available on the net and on ebay that come with shelves that are designed to fit inside.

You will need a ultrasonic mister for humidity

small fan to provide FAE

a small

LED or two

couple timers to control humidity and FAE

The whole deal really shouldn't break the bank...

#5 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 449 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:35 AM

I'll source some stuff this week, mikey linked a pretty good looking tent on one of my other posts a while back and I think it was 70ish $ I think the lights will be pretty cheap.

Do you put the humidifier in the tent or tube it in?

This is gonna be fun to design/set up :biggrin:

• Nicked likes this

#6 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 558 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:35 PM

Might be a little cheaper to use a tarp zipper found at hardware stores and some plastic sheet. Never built one myself so I can't really advise.
  • Fungi2b likes this

#7 Choices

Choices

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:22 PM

I'll source some stuff this week, mikey linked a pretty good looking tent on one of my other posts a while back and I think it was 70ish $ I think the lights will be pretty cheap.

Do you put the humidifier in the tent or tube it in?

This is gonna be fun to design/set up :biggrin:

Hey man i don’t know where your located. But I have 7 480w LED full spec lights from my old Cannabis set up. I’ve switch from soil to a 6 site ebb n flo hydro system and upgraded to 2 HLG 550’s in my 5x8 tent anyway. If your interested I’d make you a deal for sure. All lights have about 6mths 24/7 usage and 6mths 12/0 usage. (Very low usage). If your interested let me known if not no worries. Figured i put it out there.
  • Ripples likes this

#8 Ripples

Ripples

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:27 PM

OOH I would be interested  if Mycgyver don't bite.

• Choices likes this

#9 sandman

sandman

Lil Skeeter

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,746 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:35 AM

Man I know there is someone that has a weed tent converted to a martha on here I remember talking to them about it. Maybe post in the edible section they are more open with the large setups.

#10 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,913 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:10 PM

Might be a little cheaper to use a tarp zipper found at hardware stores and some plastic sheet. Never built one myself so I can't really advise.

You can get those mini-greenhouses super cheap... You can find them for under $20 in some cases, depending how large you intend to go...

#11 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:40 PM

Would he need lights really? Would the ambidiant room light be enough?

#12 sandman

sandman

Lil Skeeter

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,746 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:55 PM

Weed tents are always light proof, because they have a photo-period sensitivity.  

#13 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:11 PM

What about those cheap was mart type tents? They are clear.

#14 sandman

sandman

Lil Skeeter

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,746 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:35 PM

This guy is talking about a weed grow tent I am fairly certain, or he would have said Martha or greenhouse which is what you are talking about and there is plenty of info on. Grow tents are available in much larger sizes that those little greenhouses. 

#15 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:37 PM

The o.p wants a cheap tent set up, I suggest a cheap was mart martha.

#16 sandman

sandman

Lil Skeeter

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,746 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:48 PM

Anyways If you want to use a grow tent or whatever tent ffs you are just going to need to figure out your air ventilation. You can successfully use a tent with no humidity device at all if you keep it stuffed AND I MEAN STUFFED FULL CAPACITY with CASED trays. The lighting is trivial there are many many options. There is waterproof LED tape that you can get in daylight rating. Cheap and easy. So just figure out your ventilation/circulation. You could probably easily attach a computer fan or two with makeshift air filters of many types. Just need to have an exit, but I think those grow tents have many fan attachment points that make them not air tight. Consider a big tent will humidify the room it is in considerably.

#17 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:36 AM

I have a 400 watt led im using in my closet (decided to grow mushrooms not pot lol) but i had to flip the light upside down as my friend who grows told me his led fried his tub when he had it directly below the light.

#18 Choices

Choices

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:25 PM

Yea they put off heat, minimal but still. 12-18” off seedlings, so..

Edited by Choices, 13 February 2020 - 01:25 PM.

#19 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:52 PM

I have a 400 watt led im using in my closet (decided to grow mushrooms not pot lol) but i had to flip the light upside down as my friend who grows told me his led fried his tub when he had it directly below the light.

There is no need to waste the electricity buddy, just open the closet door a few hrs a day the ambidiant light will be plenty enough. Mush r not like plants, mush only use the light to see what ways up.

#20 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 449 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:19 AM

Just based on my experience with dubtubs and monos, FAE will be the biggest trick! Lighting is less of an issue, although the light I am using now is a grow light designed for hydroponics, 6500K 250W tubed fluorescent, it is overkill for my set up. While I don't trust ambient light, I will definitely be scaling down for this tent set up, LEDs seem like a much better option in most cases, including this one.

How do most greenhouses/martha set ups manage the FAE without having a complicated set up? PJ mentioned a fan, but would that just recirculate stale air?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!